Help Yuiina with Fountain Dip *heart*

Yuiina

Hello sweeties! 

I come to you, in this hour of need, to help me decide on which color (there are soooooooooooo many :who-let-rip:) will I choose to use on my single fountain dip! 

I'm quite anxious and indecisive about it, so I'm hoping you all will help me (as you always do :heart:

There are many many many many many many many colors I love and want but I always have to think about ways I can customize them (with NP <_< which makes it more painful to choose from some colors I really love). So let's start :dance:

Chocolate pet 
I LOVE that color (in general because there are some... *cough* accidents *cough*)
Ways to get that color: FEW Lab / Fountain
Customization with NP: Not many options (ideas are very welcome)
Species I'd like to have:
4.png  4.png 
I absolutely love Chocolate Draiks, their wings                      I love gnorbus and Chocolate is not an
and ears are very pretty. And that cherry on                        exception. His "beard" (I don't know

top just kills me.                                                               the name in english :laughingsmiley:) is so lovely! 

Maraquan Lupe
Ways to get that color: MEDIUM Lab / Fountain / Paint brush (worth 6million)
Customization with NP: Not many options (ideas are very welcome)

I want to create a friend for my cute Coralia and I think a maraquan lupe is perfect for what I'm looking for. He looks clumsy and that is exactly what I want his personality to be :laughingsmiley:
4.png

Elderly Quiggle 

Ways to get that color: MEDIUM Lab / Fountain / Paint brush (worth 2million)
Customization with NP: I have some ideas that I like :D 

Elderly pets are cute but they were never a color that, when realeased, I thought "ohhh I need to get one of these!! :lmaosmiley:" until this beauty was out this year!
I absolutely love her :heart:
4.png

Plushie Gnorbu

Ways to get that color: MEDIUM Lab / Fountain / Paint brush (worth 3.3million) / Morphing Potion (worth 1.6million)
Customization with NP: background is not the hardest to find but cloths... well big problem. (ideas will be very welcome) No cloths is also an option because he/she'll be gorgeous even without them!

Did I already tell you how much I love Gnorbus? :wub_anim: Yeap I  L O V E them! 

Plushies are one of my favorite colors of pets though the ones I like the most are the UC ones, this is the one I love the most from the normal form. 
4.png

That is all.. even though I love water pets (I think it is probably my favorite color of all) I won't have any ever because they only look good with NC items, with NP they look... very weird. 

I can probably antecipate what you're going to pick because it is the most expensive one BUT as I said I'm very indecisive and I need to read/hear other people's opinions to know what I really want.

Thank you in advance for reading all of this :blush02:

I second @Robin-chan

That chocolate draik! Does he even need clothes? A FFQ is almost the only way to get one, as you have already pointed out. It is super rare, super cute, and there are still plenty of backgrounds/foregrounds/garlands that would be just adorable! Yes, the chocolate gnorbu is also cute, but he doesn't have the cherry on top.

Any of the other guys you can save up for. You can't buy a chocolate draik. You might not get another FFQ for years. I have only had one, maybe two faerie quests since I started playing last year, and I don't know what on earth I did get, but I wasn't jumping with joy. Take advantage of your luck!

I LOVE the Maraquan lupe, such character in that face!

The plushie gnorbu is just amazing, THOSE DREADS!!!

I agree with you that the beard on the chocolate one looks good, but the plushie one beats it hands down in my book. I suppose the only thing that I personally don't like about it is how the patchwork material makes it looks like it's wearing panties, lol.

Well, of course you should go with whatever will make you happiest.  But, the chocolate draik probably makes the most "sense" as it's the hardest to get.  It's also probably the best trade value in case you decide you really want someone else.  I think there will probably be another faerie quest event in September, which of course drastically increases chances of getting FFQ, especially with the faerie quest refresh boon, as you can use that to replace the crafting quest with any faerie quest.  And of course there's the cookies.  So, you can start looking to those if you decide you really want another option, and can't get it another way.

As for customization, if you want chocolate upon chocolate, there are 2np and 2nc chocolate backgrounds.  Most of the chocolate accessories are NC, but a few are NP.  I've never tried customizing a draik, so I'm not sure what kind of clothes look good on them, but the choc looks good without clothes.  

Maraquan would require special maraquan clothes from the NC mall.  The Gnorbu's ruff (beard) looks like it would cover most of most clothes.  I have that problem with my xweetoks.  Most of the top, unless it's specifically for xweetoks, and any kind of necklace just disappears.  When customizing clothed pets, sometimes when you change the clothes, they no longer look like their color.  Would you still like the elderly pet in a different outfit and accessories?

Thank you all for your replies :heart:
It doesn't surprise me that most of you suggests Chocolate Draik because it is indeed gorgeous and it is very hard to get. 
The problem is, as I said above, they're very very hard to customize with NP items. Chocolate gnorbu is a bit easier than Draik.
If I end up choosing a gnorbu it'll be male for sure.
medium_preview.png 

Draik I'm not sure what I will want and is way harder to customize. Suggestions are very welcome.

@Robin-chan I also love that color :) Draiks, Gnorbus, Wockies, Unis, Boris, Shoyrus and Vandagyres. And I also LOOOOVE chocolate. Can't imagine life without it :laugh: 

@babayaga67 Show me some backgrounds and so for Draik because I already looked at DTI and I don't seem to find anything I really like. 
I have one grey faerie on the hold on my main as well because I'm afraid it'll give me a FFQ and I still have one dip to use. 

@charelan I know right? :lmaosmiley: Gnorbus are adorablute (adorable + cute)

@jellysundae Why did you had to point out the patchwork material!! Now I only see panties in it! BAD JELLY :crying_anim: Naaa, still love it! 

@balloongal247 You're right about being very valuable on trades but I never traded a pet before, I'm very "attached" to my little ones. 
About the elderly, the answer is yes 
medium_preview.png Look how cute she is!! *-* 

My biggest issue here is: I can save up for any of the others except Chocolate BUT the customization is driving me crazy!

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Happy to be of service, Yuiina, sharing is caring and all that! :heart:

Granny Quiggle looks sassy in that cape!

And I adore you for that :heart:

I know right? *-* Granny can look fabulous with other cloths as well b)

Question: Can I open fortune cookies on my sides? I think I read somewhere that I can't but would like to check with you guys.

10 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

You say you don't know which to pick. But the vibe I'm picking up here is Granny Quiggle, gotta say. :ph34r:

I'm deadly serious here.. I have no idea what to choose. 
I need help! :crying_anim: The more "obvious" answer would be:

- Chocolate pets (but I need to see some Chocolate NP customizations to seal the deal, hoping to see some here)
- Maraquan Lupe because it is 6 million

Can you look at it from this point of view...

As @deboratibi pointed out in her thread, this is such a 1st World problem, lol. You'll be happy with your choice WHICHEVER one you pick because you want all of them. So yes, there would no doubt be regrets about ones you didn't pick, but again, 1st world problem, so deal with it, basically. :laughingsmiley:

I still feel that part of you at least, no matter how subconscious, is leaning towards Old Ma Quiggle there, it would be interesting to figure out why. Maybe it's because she'd be the easiest to customise?

Disclaimer: This is a prime example of jellysundae-help™ , so contains a high risk factor of being no help at all. :ph34r:

That's the best kind of help, when you lead them to finding the answer on their own.  Because really, we can't tell her what she wants most, we can just give her questions to consider to sort her feelings and decide that for herself.

It really doesn't matter what makes the most "sense", unless you think you'll get all of them sooner or later.  What matters is what will make you happiest.  I'd probably start with the chocolate backgrounds for the chocolate pets?  I don't do much customization because there are just too many choices, especially if not limiting it to things already owned.  I don't know if everyone looks in every forum, maybe it'll help to pose the question of customizing the chocolate pets in the fashion counselor board in the customization chat?  Maybe more people who have a mental category of wearables will see it there?

I meant to post here before but I forgot! :stun: Thanks for tagging me, Jelly! xD

My favourite options are the Chocolate and Plushie Gnorbus! I agree that the Maraquan Lupe is super cute and it's an expensive colour, but Maraquans are hard to customise even with NC, so your options would be so reduced with NP. Chocolate is a great choice because of how hard it is to obtain that colour, and I actually don't think it's so hard to customise! I will provide a few examples (for the Gnorbu, since I don't like Draiks. Sorry Draiks, lol):

Z5tJ5O.png   FHDwju.png

58Het3.png   pXD7ZN.png

1. Chocolate Ballroom Background, Chocolate Kazeriu Statue, Forkful of Cake, Gnorbu Gentleman Moustache and Monocle, Gnorbu Ring Master Hat, Gnorbu Ring Master Coat, Gnorbu Ring Master Boots, Chic Gnorbu Pants 
2. Neopia Central Neohome Background, Blushing Birch Tree, Slorg Handheld Plushie, Adorable Gnorbu Sunglasses, Gnorbu Cowboy Shirt, Gnorbu Gentleman Trousers, Gnorbu Gentleman Shoes
3. Soup Faerie Kitchen Background, Frying Pan, Gnorbu Spectacles, Hannahs Red Undershirt, Janitors Apron, Gnorbu Sheriff Trousers, Gnorbu Warrior Shoes
4. Same, minus Frying Pan, plus Chocolate Frame

XBdiz7.png   ekJVUA.png

1. Snowy Cottage Background, Frozen Cherry Tree, Gnorbu Snow Ear Muffs, Gnorbu Wool Jacket, Gnorbu Wool Boots, Wooly Gnorbu Purse, Pink Gnorbu Skirt
2. Spring Topiary Garden Background, White Picket Garden Gate Foreground, Beautiful Columns Foreground, Shell Hair Clip, Gnorbu Wool Boots, Pink Gnorbu Blouse, Pink Gnorbu Skirt

I could come up with more, I only stopped because I started to run out of time. Let me know what you think of these!

I also think the Elderly Quiggle is cute, but I think I like her mostly for her original outfit rather than her base colour. So I *personally* wouldn't have much fun customising her because I wouldn't want to change her clothes. And perhaps I'd even consider cross-painting her, to get a different base colour. Anyway, I hope this helps somehow, or at least doesn't make it more difficult than it already is! lol

I didn't even realise I made the Chocolate Gnorbu more like a boy and the Plushie more like a girl, lol. So I went ahead and tried to do the opposite:

medium_preview.png gnorbu6.png

I also decided to give Grandma Quiggle a chance... I realised that changing the base colour and keeping the elderly outfit doesn't work out so well, because duh, all the other coloured Quiggles don't have wrinkles. And it turns out that this Rainy Day Quiggle Dress is actually a bit more grandmotherly than the original dress (I didn't notice this in Yuiina's outfit at first because of the jacket/cape). So yeah, I don't think she would be a bad choice either! (But I still think the Gnorbus have a wider range of customisation possibilities)

medium_preview.png

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That shell hair pin looks PERFECT with the plushie paint job!

I know, right? :biggrin: It's the right colour and size, and the placement is perfect!

On 26/07/2017 at 4:02 PM, jellysundae said:

Can you look at it from this point of view...

As @deboratibi pointed out in her thread, this is such a 1st World problem, lol. You'll be happy with your choice WHICHEVER one you pick because you want all of them. So yes, there would no doubt be regrets about ones you didn't pick, but again, 1st world problem, so deal with it, basically. :laughingsmiley:

I still feel that part of you at least, no matter how subconscious, is leaning towards Old Ma Quiggle there, it would be interesting to figure out why. Maybe it's because she'd be the easiest to customise?

Disclaimer: This is a prime example of jellysundae-help™ , so contains a high risk factor of being no help at all. :ph34r:

On 27/07/2017 at 2:01 AM, balloongal247 said:

That's the best kind of help, when you lead them to finding the answer on their own.  Because really, we can't tell her what she wants most, we can just give her questions to consider to sort her feelings and decide that for herself.

It really doesn't matter what makes the most "sense", unless you think you'll get all of them sooner or later.  What matters is what will make you happiest.  I'd probably start with the chocolate backgrounds for the chocolate pets?  I don't do much customization because there are just too many choices, especially if not limiting it to things already owned.  I don't know if everyone looks in every forum, maybe it'll help to pose the question of customizing the chocolate pets in the fashion counselor board in the customization chat?  Maybe more people who have a mental category of wearables will see it there?

I love jellysundae-help™ :dance:

My intention was to seek guidance here, I already did in the past and the community helped me a lot! :) 
My biggest problem of them all is: 
If I choose a chocolate -> I'll be sad that I didn't get the others
If I choose Maraquan -> I'll be sad that I didn't get a rare pet like chocolate
If I choose Elderly -> I'll be sad that I didn't get a rare chocolate or the expensive maraquan
If I choose Plushie -> I'll be sad that I didn't get a rare chocolate or the expensive maraquan

Conclusion: I'll be sad anyway ! :crying_anim: :laugh: Like Jelly and Deb said such a 1st world problem 

On 27/07/2017 at 10:49 AM, deboratibi said:

I meant to post here before but I forgot! :stun: Thanks for tagging me, Jelly! xD

My favourite options are the Chocolate and Plushie Gnorbus! I agree that the Maraquan Lupe is super cute and it's an expensive colour, but Maraquans are hard to customise even with NC, so your options would be so reduced with NP. Chocolate is a great choice because of how hard it is to obtain that colour, and I actually don't think it's so hard to customise! I will provide a few examples (for the Gnorbu, since I don't like Draiks. Sorry Draiks, lol):

Z5tJ5O.png   FHDwju.png

58Het3.png   pXD7ZN.png

1. Chocolate Ballroom Background, Chocolate Kazeriu Statue, Forkful of Cake, Gnorbu Gentleman Moustache and Monocle, Gnorbu Ring Master Hat, Gnorbu Ring Master Coat, Gnorbu Ring Master Boots, Chic Gnorbu Pants 
2. Neopia Central Neohome Background, Blushing Birch Tree, Slorg Handheld Plushie, Adorable Gnorbu Sunglasses, Gnorbu Cowboy Shirt, Gnorbu Gentleman Trousers, Gnorbu Gentleman Shoes
3. Soup Faerie Kitchen Background, Frying Pan, Gnorbu Spectacles, Hannahs Red Undershirt, Janitors Apron, Gnorbu Sheriff Trousers, Gnorbu Warrior Shoes
4. Same, minus Frying Pan, plus Chocolate Frame

XBdiz7.png   ekJVUA.png

1. Snowy Cottage Background, Frozen Cherry Tree, Gnorbu Snow Ear Muffs, Gnorbu Wool Jacket, Gnorbu Wool Boots, Wooly Gnorbu Purse, Pink Gnorbu Skirt
2. Spring Topiary Garden Background, White Picket Garden Gate Foreground, Beautiful Columns Foreground, Shell Hair Clip, Gnorbu Wool Boots, Pink Gnorbu Blouse, Pink Gnorbu Skirt

I could come up with more, I only stopped because I started to run out of time. Let me know what you think of these!

I also think the Elderly Quiggle is cute, but I think I like her mostly for her original outfit rather than her base colour. So I *personally* wouldn't have much fun customising her because I wouldn't want to change her clothes. And perhaps I'd even consider cross-painting her, to get a different base colour. Anyway, I hope this helps somehow, or at least doesn't make it more difficult than it already is! lol

I fell in love with Maraquan pets long ago and just their "posture" is cute enough for me :) Like my Coralia 

medium_preview.png I want to give her a companion! And the M.Lupe is perfect :heart: Even if I won't get him with my dip I'll get it in the future for sure!

Waaa :heart: I love Chocolate Gnorbus even more now! Your customizations are just stunning!
And the plushie's ideas are also very cute :)

12 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I didn't even realise I made the Chocolate Gnorbu more like a boy and the Plushie more like a girl, lol. So I went ahead and tried to do the opposite:

medium_preview.png gnorbu6.png

I also decided to give Grandma Quiggle a chance... I realised that changing the base colour and keeping the elderly outfit doesn't work out so well, because duh, all the other coloured Quiggles don't have wrinkles. And it turns out that this Rainy Day Quiggle Dress is actually a bit more grandmotherly than the original dress (I didn't notice this in Yuiina's outfit at first because of the jacket/cape). So yeah, I don't think she would be a bad choice either! (But I still think the Gnorbus have a wider range of customisation possibilities)

medium_preview.png

I know, right? :biggrin: It's the right colour and size, and the placement is perfect!

If I choose the chocolate gnorbu it'll be FOR SURE a male but for the plushie I'm still debating. 
And Grandma Quiggle is just... charming xD I'll get one in the future as well for sure. 

Got to say that this thread's making it crystal clear that the gnorbu's good to customise, no matter what colour it is!

I'm glad my "help" actually IS helpful then, lol.

I guess reading other people's rambling really can assist you in making your own decision. :laugh:

Ok, so, you've said you'd def get maraquan and elderly no matter what, so since elderly is cheaper, that shouldn't be your FFQ.  Same with plushie, since that's cheaper than maraquan, which you definitely want.

I guess my question would be... Pretend that Chocolate isn't almost impossible to get, that there's a 8mil paint brush.  Would either the draik or the gnorbu be one you'd definitely get?  Would you choose to buy chocolate before or after Maraquan?

I'd say definitely go with either the Chocolate Gnorbu as you really seem to like them and chocolate isn't really an easy color to get. Regardless can't wait to see what you end up choosing! ^^

On 28/07/2017 at 2:14 PM, jellysundae said:

Got to say that this thread's making it crystal clear that the gnorbu's good to customise, no matter what colour it is!

I'm glad my "help" actually IS helpful then, lol.

I guess reading other people's rambling really can assist you in making your own decision. :laugh:

Gnorbus are probably my favorite species of them all :heart:
I'll always need your help! I'm just sad that I never had the chance to help you because you never asked anything :(

On 28/07/2017 at 3:13 PM, balloongal247 said:

Ok, so, you've said you'd def get maraquan and elderly no matter what, so since elderly is cheaper, that shouldn't be your FFQ.  Same with plushie, since that's cheaper than maraquan, which you definitely want.

I guess my question would be... Pretend that Chocolate isn't almost impossible to get, that there's a 8mil paint brush.  Would either the draik or the gnorbu be one you'd definitely get?  Would you choose to buy chocolate before or after Maraquan?

Oh I will get them all for sure, it'll just take some time :D Plushie, elderly and maraquan! 
I'd go for Chocolate because it is the most expensive. So before Maraquan :) 

On 28/07/2017 at 4:20 PM, Zafie said:

I'd say definitely go with either the Chocolate Gnorbu as you really seem to like them and chocolate isn't really an easy color to get. Regardless can't wait to see what you end up choosing! ^^

I'm almost 100% decided I'll choose Chocolate Gnorbu. I just need a bit more time and then I'll post here the final decision :D Thank you for your answer.

12 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I'm just sad that I never had the chance to help you because you never asked anything :(

D:<

*suddenly guilt-ridden*

I'm sowwy :crying_anim:

Ok, not really >_<

But believe me, if I ever get a FFQ, it's gonna be total panic stations and I'm gonna need ALL THE HELP!!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

D:<

*suddenly guilt-ridden*

I'm sowwy :crying_anim:

Ok, not really >_<

But believe me, if I ever get a FFQ, it's gonna be total panic stations and I'm gonna need ALL THE HELP!!

Not only with FFQ but customization for example, you never needed help :crying_anim: