DonorsChoose Project

flcoastallife

Hello Friends! For those of you who don't know, I'm a first grade teacher and this summer I've been working very hard on creating a DonorsChoose project for my students. DonorsChoose is a site that allows people to donate to classrooms to help fund important materials that the school district does not supply. My project is for a machine that will allow me to create custom labels and flash cards for my English language learner students. My classroom has an increasing ELL (English Language Learners) population and I know this machine will greatly impact my students' ability to learn English. I have a sponsor match right now so all donations are being matched 100% which is super exciting! If you're interested in learning more about my project or possibly donating please let me know!
Thanks!!

Good luck!

I don't have a penny to my name so I sadly can't help, but I have a good friend who's (also) a teacher in Florida (I'm guessing there, going by your user name) and I've donated to her DonorsChoose projects in the past. It's pretty heart-breaking when a system is such a mess that a teacher's only means of getting funds for equipment is donations from strangers. :sad:

Hi JellySundae!   I grew up in FL (hence the name) but I now live in CO. Thanks for the kind words and your friend is lucky to have you to help support her. I agree the system is pretty messed up. I spend hundreds of dollars each year on my classroom from my own pocket and normally I would just suck it up and buy this machine myself but I'm in grad school right now and (you guessed it) my district  isn't helping with tuition costs so all of my money is going towards that right now.

Anyways- my project is only $179 away from completion right now! :happydance: and even if you yourself can't afford to donate it would mean so much if you could share my project with maybe someone you know who might be interested. I love how supportive and kind this community is and I'm so proud to be a part of it! 

You can read about my project here: https://www.donorschoose.org/project/little-learners-need-labels/2646269/?rf=link-siteshare-2017-07-teacher-teacher_3912095&challengeid=20846841