What constitutes the biggest part of your wealth ??

Angeló

Total Net Worth  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Own More ...??

• NP
    • Items

if you are to evaluate your assets ... 

is your fortune more in NP or Items ??

i found that i have some items that are worth a lot more than what NP i have as i keep spending my money investing in items ... 

what about you ??

for me it's probably the opposite of most people. all my wealth is neopoints & probably hoard those like people hoard items. I use the stock market daily & I run a shop by restocking so I'm pretty well off I could say. I have a huge problem with spending them though. I'm such a cheapskate! I mean what's the point of the money if you don't buy what you want? 

I hoard np as well.  I had a few big ticket items in my SDB, but I've been trying to sell them off, so I only have a couple now.  Since I joined my guild where our leader gives us food club bets every day, my bank balance has really grown.  Before that, stocks may have been the biggest part.  As is, I probably have more in stocks than in items, especially if you consider the stocks as the amount they'd be at a value at which I'd sell them.

Neopoints for me!  I really need to get back into doing the stock market, but at the moment it's just all in the bank account.  I just felt like I was making more in interest than I was waiting around for the stock to sell.  *glares at Alien Aisha Vending Machine stock that hasn't even hit what I paid for it in months*

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Neopoints for me!  I really need to get back into doing the stock market, but at the moment it's just all in the bank account.  I just felt like I was making more in interest than I was waiting around for the stock to sell.  *glares at Alien Aisha Vending Machine stock that hasn't even hit what I paid for it in months*

It can sometimes seem that way, since there's the daily stock market limit, but point for point, the stock market is WAY faster interest than bank.  Say you sell at 300%, it would take about 20 years to earn 300% interest on the same 15k np in the bank, and that is with the highest interest.

Food club now..  Maybe lower percentages (I average about 16:1 wins, so 160% over the year I've done it), but faster turnaround and higher limits with an established account means it is more profitable.

I think that I have more in items, but it wouldn't be by much. I go one to three weeks without having the time to do anything except Trudy's, so I can save up those nps. Then there are the days when I feel like splurging and I'll spend 300,000 on trying to get an avatar or collecting stamps (which I don't count as items as value after adding to my album). 

My first thought was np since I like to keep my bank account at a certain level before I buy anything new and don't have high ticket items in my SDB. Then I started to think about my stamps, cards, and galleries and they are definitely worth much more than what's in the bank! Items for me!

Yeah, I think items only count if you are capable of selling them, so not stamps in your stamp album or food club foods eaten etc.  At that point, it's an np sink, not an investment.  Still worthwhile if it makes you happy to buy/have, but not wealth anymore.  Galleries and weapons can count though, because even though you usually don't sell those, you could decide to.

I'd say my fortune is a mix right now :laugh:

I have 10million in the bank at the moment and a few things in SDB that I'm saving until the values go higher in some months/years. 
I wasted a lot of money on my neohome (which is not completed yet xD).
Have some expensive cloths in my pets that were above 100k and some expensive pets.

So I think a mix? xD 

Expensive pets are like rich kids .. they're a reflection of your wealth not part of it (well the paint jobs i mean ...) but expensive clothes are part of your wealth for sure cuz u can sell them , but u can't sell ur pets ...

On 27/07/2017 at 9:09 PM, balloongal247 said:

Say you sell at 300%

Wow!  I was always buying at 15/share and selling at 20/share since it seemed like it was taking forever to even get up that far.  I had no idea it'd occasionally get THAT high!  Except for the Alien Aisha which has still been sitting around for nearly a year.  *grumbles some more about that one stock*

Oh, yeah, they all go up to 60 sooner or later.  Lately, I've actually been largely waiting until they are 70-80+.  I'd recommend waiting until at least 30np a share to sell, they all go up that high fairly regularly.  I used to do 50np a share, but as I've needed np less, I've been more patient.    And, to compare again with just bank, neopets isn't even 20 years old yet.  So, even you hadn't ever caught a stock that high, and had invested on day 1 of neo, you'd still have more than a year before the bank would pay off faster.  More than really, because that's based on the current highest interest rate, which you wouldn't have had then, especially since they added those levels relatively recently.

In part because I've been trying to hold out for higher and higher rates, not selling all my stock at once, I do have quite a lot invested in stocks at any time, waiting for them to mature.  But that's how the stock market is supposed to work.  Most of the time, you just have the money invested.  Neopet's stock market is way more stable than most.  There've only been 13 companies that have gone bankrupt, ever, and those were over 13 years ago.  Just choose the stock at the lowest price you can buy (15, unless you have the stock boon, then 10) of which you have the least already, to minimize the risk further.  

Stockmarket, both on neo and even more in real life, is a long term investment strategy that requires patience.

• 6 months later...

Definitely NPs for me. I'm collecting Neodeck cards and stamps to rebuild my collection from my old account, but its the same with my NPs and that needs to grow. I'll probably build them up to 10mill before I feel comfier buying things. I invest in the stock market daily but should probably start looking into restocking. :blush: