Multiple accounts question?? Help! Don't want to get frozen

sammiegirl95

Ok, so I've recently rejoined neopets and I have one account from 2009 and one from 2004 when I first joined (and lost the password for). Years later, I finally was able to get my oldest account back but now I'm confused. Is it against the rules to play on two separate accounts if you're not sending np back and forth? I just assumed you could play like that because it'd be like being two different people. I'm not using one or the other to gain profit. I just wanted to keep my pets on both and live as two different accounts. Please help! Do not want to get frozen on either account :(

Also, what should I do? I'm starting to donate np from my side account but I don't know how to get rid of all of it at once considering the money tree only takes up to a certain amount per day. 

You can have more than one account. However, you are only allowed to make NP on your MAIN account. And you don't need to donate the NP from your side account. You can keep it, but transfer it to your MAIN account. The best thing to do is stop using BOTH accounts for 24 hours. Then, transfer NP and items (if you wish, on the items), to your MAIN account. You can do so by setting up TP trades, if you have a lot of items and NP. Once everything is transferred, you can then use your MAIN to earn/make NP, etc. With your new side account, highly recommend you disable Trudy's Surprise from showing, and DO NOT play games, earn NP, participate in any events, etc. Basically, your side account is for having more Neopets. If you need to feed them, you can transfer food from your main over to your side. You can also store items in your side account's SDB, and have a gallery, but you cannot earn/make NP from it, or have a Shop. @Mouseykinsis way better explaining it, than I am, and I hope she posts.

I've been doing dailies, games, etc. on my side account for about a month before I realized that was a big no-no so I've racked up quite some np. Should I still try and transfer all of those NP? I'l definitely disable Trudy on the sides after, but I hate to start back at the beginning again. It's worth it though if I don't get frozen haha 

7 minutes ago, sammiegirl95 said:

I've been doing dailies, games, etc. on my side account for about a month before I realized that was a big no-no so I've racked up quite some np. Should I still try and transfer all of those NP? I'l definitely disable Trudy on the sides after, but I hate to start back at the beginning again. It's worth it though if I don't get frozen haha 

That is a tough one. I'd say transfer NP over. At least that way, it does look like you are transferring over to your "new" MAIN account. Once all NP is transferred, of course, STOP making any NP on side accounts. Then, Id' say let your conscience decide. If you felt you earned NP in a way you shouldn't have, then donate it from your MAIN account.

Just so you know, as in your case, if your MAIN account gets frozen, it is ok to use a side account, as your "new main" account, until you are able to get your old MAIN account unfrozen/back. Yes, you can earn NP, do dailies, etc, with the "side/new main" account. However, once you have your MAIN account back, it is decision time. If you wish to make your MAIN account, well, MAIN again, then you must stop earning NP on your "side/new main" account. It is ok to transfer any NP/items that you earned on the "side/new main" account to your MAIN. After all, you did earn the NP fairly. However, if you were earning NP on your MAIN and "side/new main" accounts, then yes, both accounts could get frozen.

Would it be smarter to just abandon my side accounts for the time being and maybe come back to them later on? Then, transfer np/donate from my main? I'm just so nervous they're going to freeze me. I'd rather just stop using them and start from scratch but my side has a lot of np and a pet that I'd really like to keep ugh. Why was I so naive 

I don't think I am explaining it well. So, maybe for now, hold off on doing anything with either account, until someone else posts, who can explain it better than me.

Neopian Times, Issue: 789, 14th day of Swimming, Y19, (14 July 2017) has this question and answer:

"I bought a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie on a side but have no gift boxes to transfer it my main. Am I allowed to temporarily switch what account I use as my main so I can use it, including temporarily transferring my battle pet over (to train it)? ~mystical_magic__42"
"Yes, so you can "switch" accounts (which is confusing because there's no automatic switch you actually flick) by stop all your normal main account activity on your current main account. So basically, don't do anything where you receive Neopoints or other disallowed things for a few days. Then, you can start on your new main account!"

So, stop using all accounts for a few days. During that time, hopefully, someone with better knowledge and "explaining skills", will post and set you at ease. Then, you can decide which account you want as your MAIN and start transferring stuff to it. As long as both/all accounts are yours, you should not get frozen. At this point, if you stop doing all activity, on all accounts, for a few days, I don't think you'll get frozen. You can have a MAIN account and up to 4 side accounts, but only earn NP on 1 account. You can keep your pets and transfer them back and forth. I think you were lucky that, if you were playing on both accounts, that you haven't been frozen, but I think all will be ok from this point forward, if you stop and wait a few days. Make sense?

Alright here is what you'll need to do in order to play things fairly and not get yourself frozen for breaking the rules.

1. STOP using your side account and main account for at least 24 hours. Meaning NO dailies, NO games, NO events etc.
  2. During this time you can begin transferring over your neopoints and items from your side account to your new main through the user-to-user transfer or trading post. If you're transferring neopoints over then on your main account set up a trade and then offer on it with your neopoints. I believe the max neopoint limit on the trading post is currently 2 million.
  3. Once that is done and your 24-48 hours is up then you can begin using your main account to do all your daily Neopian things.
  4. On your side account you will need to disable Trudy's Surprise. You can do this by going to your preferences and click the box to block Trudy's Surprise. It should be the first checkbox listed.
  5. Your side account is now only able to be used for housing pets, storing items in your SDB for safe keeping, and for having another gallery if you wish.
  6. To take care of your pets you will need to send any food items you wish to feed your pets from your main to your side account. Additionally you can also put your neopets in the Neo Lodge by sending Neopoints over from your main, through the trading post.

By following these steps you'll be on the right track to keeping your accounts from getting frozen. If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you. Just note I may not be able to respond immediately due to real life obligations.

This was extraordinarily helpful, thank you! So, I can still use my accounts in the 24-48 hours (in order to transfer over money) as long as I'm not earning NP for 24-48 hours? Also, a lot of the NP from my side account were from dailies, so I wasn't sure if I should get rid of some of it. I also have won some NP from food club (which I just read is a no-no as well). Luckily, I figured this out before it was too late! Here's to hoping the transfer will go smoothly. This is what I get for staying off neopets for 6 years!

During that wait period of 24-48 hours you can transfer things over to your main account. Basically the idea is to not earn any neopoints on both accounts for this time period so it's clear you're switching accounts.