NC Gift Box Help??

grvciebell

I got myself into the most impossible situation, y'all. I'd really appreciate any advice, since I've been looking for hours and none of the solutions I've seen so far are plausible. 

Okay, so I just set up my side account in order to free up space for pets on my main. (lol I made a couple impulse pets but I don't want to abandon them!) I read the guidelines for side accounts and figured it was okay to redeem the NC mall gift? (since you can accept the newbie pack and stuff. it would've just gone to waste otherwise so it's not exactly cheating, y'know? no one else gets hurt) So anyway I redeemed the gift and bought a faerie quest fortune cookie because I swear I never get any random events and I'm not here for waiting 15 years for these fountain faerie quests lmao. So I was all ready to transfer it to my main because I didn't want the quest rewards to be "profitable" for the side account. BUT I don't have any NC gift boxes. RIP. I have five on my main but apparently they can't be reused so my side wouldn't be able to use one if I sent something from the main there. Ugh I'm frustrated just retelling all this. So one option is a mystery capsule thing but I don't have 200 NC on my side account and I'm not about to spend real money? And another is Trudy's Surprise but!! I can't use that on a side account! So, wait for Halloween or Advent calendar? But!! I don't think those are okay for side accounts either. I just honestly am stumped. Then I thought maybe I could use the fortune cookie on my side account and then just transfer a pet if I happened to get a FFQ and paint it something cool. But I saw that you're not really supposed to use the fortune cookie on side accounts, which was my original thought. My god. So, any ideas? Have any of you ever obtained a gift box without doing something forbidden to side accounts? Would I be better off using the cookie? I don't really want to have my accounts frozen so :') 

Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks guys! I think what I'll do is finish up this cycle of Trudy's Surprise on my main (so I get my 100,000 before it restarts) and then quit all my dailies for a couple days, switch accounts and play Trudy's Surprise on the side account until I get a gift box from it, lol. Then I can send it and switch back to my main. I think that's the best option, thanks for all the suggestions!

Edited by grvciebell
Update

This was in the editorial recently.  You can stop doing any dailies/profit things on both accounts for a few days to transfer "main" to the side account, along with np and the pet you want to have the quests, use the fortune cookie there, and do all main stuff there while it's your main, then stop activity for a few days to transfer everything back to your main, if you still want the first account to be main.

It would be so much easier if they'd just let you send gift boxes in gift boxes.

Gift boxes inside of gift boxes?!?! Do that! I have almost 50 GBs that I can't do anything with, and I will create a second account just to send the stupid things back and forth until I'm out. I don't spend real money on playing online games, so I have no use for the silly things.

8 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

This was in the editorial recently.  You can stop doing any dailies/profit things on both accounts for a few days to transfer "main" to the side account, along with np and the pet you want to have the quests, use the fortune cookie there, and do all main stuff there while it's your main, then stop activity for a few days to transfer everything back to your main, if you still want the first account to be main.

It would be so much easier if they'd just let you send gift boxes in gift boxes.

This kind of account switching should not be done regularly or it can be classified as a freezable offense. Yes you are allowed to switch mains but not constantly back and forth all the time.

Yes, that is true, you shouldn't do it constantly.  

I bought a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie on a side but have no gift boxes to transfer it my main. Am I allowed to temporarily switch what account I use as my main so I can use it, including temporarily transferring my battle pet over (to train it)? ~mystical_magic__42
Yes, so you can "switch" accounts (which is confusing because there's no automatic switch you actually flick) by stop all your normal main account activity on your current main account. So basically, don't do anything where you receive Neopoints or other disallowed things for a few days. Then, you can start on your new main account!

Hi! Could I get clarification for something you said in Editorial last week (#789). Is it really OK to switch mains for a week and then switch back like the question and answer suggests? For now, it's been that you can switch your main account, but then you stick with it. Switching back and forth frequently has always been nono. I can see people abusing this if you can just go change it for a week. This week this is my main account and next week I change to this one and then again back. Thank you for answer!
Okay, there's been a couple questions about this. In no way did I say you can switch back and forth weekly. Yes, if you want to switch a main to a side then it can be done. My answer was a simple how-to on the correct way to switch. I get with that question how it could have been confusing. HOWEVER, switching accounts should not be done lightly or to abuse the site. Our monitors will find you...and they will freeze you.... 
So with that in mind, happy switching :)