Neopets Shop

kalialina94

I was wondering, if I were to put up all my pretty cool omelets and things in my shop, should I follow the estimated price it says their worth? 

for instance, if my omelet says its worth 7,000 bucks, should I sell it for 5,000? its still cheaper and I would like to make money as well. 

or if something says its worth 10 grand, should I go a little lower and sell it? 

trying to be fair, and make money. lol lmk

when you want to sell items, don't go off the estimated value that comes up when you look at the item in your inventory as it is generally way off what it actually sells for.

What you can do is use the jellyneo database https://items.jellyneo.net/. The database will tell you prices for most items. You can also check the shop wizard to see what other people are selling items for, but the shop wizard is only good for items up to 99,999NPs. For items over this, you can use the trading post, or for exceptionally expensive items, the auction house. 

EDIT - tdn also has an item database, https://items.thedailyneopets.com/ it's very new so i forgot. you can also use that for pricing items.

That estimated value in the pop up window's really bizarre, isn't it. It's not actually relevant to anything, and I don't think it ever has been, has it?

It's just . . . there.

Is it a fixed number that never changes? I ignore it so completely that I've never noticed, lol.

I'm gonna say that basically the only thing it does is troll people until they know better, like nope, your omelette's not worth 7000 np, it's worth . . . 7 <_<

That's a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but still, no-one's ever gonna get Neo-rich by becoming an omelette magnate.