Neopets Merch!

pulpfreeoj

Today, I scored a Disco Chomby keyquest plush in really good shape WITH INTACT TAGS/PROBABLY UNUSED CODE (because of the way the tags are set up). For 50 cents. I don't even particularly like Chombies but I couldn't pass it up, it's too cute. 

Way back when McDonald's had their Neopets promotion, I used to have a few of the plush and the cards that came with them. I don't even remember when/how I got rid of them.  So this Chomby is the only IRL piece of Neopets merch that I have. 

I did see a CD book with a Cloud Gelert theme at a different thrift store a couple years back, but I passed on it. Probably should have picked it up!

Did you have any of the IRL Neopets plush or merch? Which one's your favorite? Any pets/petpets/other that you WISH got official merch?

What about unofficial merch? I have to admit that I'm definitely going to make a few Neopets amigurumi for myself when I get around to it. 

I have a ton of Neopets merchandise, mostly plush. According to my spreadsheet (:D), I have 96 new KeyQuest plush (I entered the codes), 20 used KeyQuest plush (these came without codes), 129 new "old"-style plush (including 47 Petpets, 20 key rings, a couple door hangers, a pillow), and 12 used "old"-style plush (without tags).

Below are some pictures of the new ones. I have the used ones stored away and a few, like the key rings, elsewhere. The pictures are also from about a year ago, so they are a bit outdated, but I am far too lazy to take any new ones. You can also see a tiny portion of my DVD collection behind the Petpets, haha.

I also have McDonald's/Burger King plush, a collection of plastic figures, some collectible cards, and probably other assorted items I can't recall at the moment. I bought almost everything on eBay. I am afraid to think about how much I spent on all of this. o_O

Neopets Plush 1.jpg

Neopets Plush 2.jpg

Neopets Plush 3.jpg

Neopets Plush 4.jpg

4 minutes ago, nicoley13 said:

I have a ton of Neopets merchandise, mostly plush. According to my spreadsheet (:D), I have 96 new KeyQuest plush (I entered the codes), 20 used KeyQuest plush (these came without codes), 129 new "old"-style plush (including 47 Petpets, 20 key rings, a couple door hangers, a pillow), and 12 used "old"-style plush (without tags).

I am completely speechless. Your collection is so beautiful! I especially adore your petpets! I would also go to eBay and look for maybe a few key favorites but I'm afraid once I started I wouldn't be able to stop. So I'm limiting my Neopets searching to my usual thrill of the chase pastime- thrifting at Goodwill and other secondhand shops. 

Actually, it's funny for me that you bring this up right now because I finally got into merch!  I literally bought a sweet yellow ixi last week to match my boy Elkara, and he just got here.  He's so adorable.  Then funnily, my family was at a flea market and none of them even know what a neopet is, but they saw a bunch of the little mcdonalds stuffies and somehow knew they were neopets lol

My mom said "they just LOOK like a neopet," and they bought them all.  Only $1 each!

So within a week i suddenly have a lot more cuties in my life ;w;

elkara.png

mcds.jpg

Cute stuff! :smile:

I always felt like the merch was mostly an American thing though - I never saw any of it in Holland; although I have to admit that I never actively searched for it, so there might've been some stuff out there. (I have no idea about other countries though, so my assumption might be way off.)

The merch never made it to the UK, either. I had some of the Mcplushies, a larger spotted gelert plush and a red plastic interactive gelert, but those were sent to me by a Neofriend in the US. I got rid of them a few years ago, and OFC I regret that now. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think the merchandise was pretty US-centric. Of course you could get them on eBay, same as I do, except not the same, because you'd probably be buying from someone in the US, so expensive shipping.

21 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

I am completely speechless. Your collection is so beautiful! I especially adore your petpets! I would also go to eBay and look for maybe a few key favorites but I'm afraid once I started I wouldn't be able to stop. So I'm limiting my Neopets searching to my usual thrill of the chase pastime- thrifting at Goodwill and other secondhand shops. 

Thank you! I agree about the little Petpets - they're some of my favorites! Yeah I had a handful of non-KQ plush which I got from Limited Too when I was into Neopets back in the day. When I became interested in the site again I decided I needed to have one KQ plush. That's how it all started - it spiraled out of control from there. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I found a yellow Wocky happy meal plush at a school benefit garage sale thing yesterday. Still in great shape! Hard to believe these guys came out 13 years ago...I remember those days like it was yesterday.

Nicoley13, your collection is awesome!

I used to have some of the talking plastic neopets, but I lost them at some point during a move :(  All I've got now is a little faellie plushie who sits in part of my bookshelf.  I'd really love to collect some of the pet plushes at some point, though, since I love a few species.