Gift Box from NetDragon: Scorchio Party Pack FREE

Scoobert_Doo

I saw this on the "Help" Neoboard and thought I'd pass it along. Get your "Gift Box from NetDragon: Scorchio Party Pack FREE", in the NC Mall. Link to the NC Mall is here: http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/shop.phtml?page=&cat= and you must click on the "New" link, or use the direct link here: http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/shop.phtml?page=&cat=#load_items_pane-new-52. I'm not sure how long it will be available, so you might want to claim it sooner, rather than later. It contains an outfit that only Scorchio's can wear, but, hey, at least it is free and maybe something you can trade NC for, if you are into that. I guess Scorchio's look the most like dragons, which maybe why NetDragon or TNT picked them? (Sorry Shoyrus. I think you look like dragons, too, but it's what they chose).

Thanks for the heads up, Scoobs!

Hmm, well...

I wonder why they'd go species specific too, but the scorchio/dragon thing does make sense. It's just that an all inclusive gift would have been far nicer/a lot more sensible/fair though, wouldn't it. Giving a gift to show what a nice new owner you are, but making it useless for the majority of pets...? Not the greatest of ideas I'd have thought! but...*shrugs*

It's a clever idea to give a gift from NetDragon, at least. Hmm, I see Inner Cynic is thinking this was a suggestion from TNT, not an idea of NetDragon's, lol. :rolleyes:

I don't like the items anyway, lol. That's party hair, is it? Wow, that's "urgh, I really can't be bothered with this *gives up and ties rest back in a messy lump" hair, if you ask me. xD It's not badly drawn, it's just not a pretty/girly hair style, it looks more suitable for a Shenkuu warrior than for a girls' night out on the town.

The dress is just meh - kinda frumpy, but perfectly acceptable.

The bag...the bag would be fine if the artist hadn't done one of my biggest pet peeves!! The pet's stance is on an angle, but the bag's been drawn head on. Hey, artist, I KNOW it's harder to draw stuff on an angle, but what you've done there is just plain lazy. Actually...when I talk about it being harder to do I'm talking about pixeling, which really IS much harder when you need to angle things, but it's not anywhere near so difficult for normal drawing. GRRRRR! *slaps the lazy artist* I wouldn't employ you! (sure that'll have them quaking in their shoes :rolleyes:)

The scorchio kind of puts me in mind of someone's middle-aged single parent, having to go to some fancy function for the first time in years - they've tried to do something with their hair themselves and it's not turned out well, they've bought a polyester party dress out of a mail order catalogue and will be sending it back after tonight, and have splashed out on an overly fancy clutch that they're afraid to put down, all it's missing is some badly applied and unflattering make up and the look would be complete.

So on the whole, I'm not bothered that none of my pets can use these items. >_< The hair would have been useful at some point maybe, but that's it for me.

preview.png

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Thanks for the heads up, Scoobs!

Hmm, well...

I wonder why they'd go species specific too, but the scorchio/dragon thing does make sense. It's just that an all inclusive gift would have been far nicer/a lot more sensible/fair though, wouldn't it. Giving a gift to show what a nice new owner you are, but making it useless for the majority of pets...? Not the greatest of ideas I'd have thought! but...*shrugs*

It's a clever idea to give a gift from NetDragon, at least. Hmm, I see Inner Cynic is thinking this was a suggestion from TNT, not an idea of NetDragon's, lol. :rolleyes:

I don't like the items anyway, lol. That's party hair, is it? Wow, that's "urgh, I really can't be bothered with this *gives up and ties rest back in a messy lump" hair, if you ask me. xD It's not badly drawn, it's just not a pretty/girly hair style, it looks more suitable for a Shenkuu warrior than for a girls' night out on the town.

The dress is just meh - kinda frumpy, but perfectly acceptable.

The bag...the bag would be fine if the artist hadn't done one of my biggest pet peeves!! The pet's stance is on an angle, but the bag's been drawn head on. Hey, artist, I KNOW it's harder to draw stuff on an angle, but what you've done there is just plain lazy. Actually...when I talk about it being harder to do I'm talking about pixeling, which really IS much harder when you need to angle things, but it's not anywhere near so difficult for normal drawing. GRRRRR! *slaps the lazy artist* I wouldn't employ you! (sure that'll have them quaking in their shoes :rolleyes:)

The scorchio kind of puts me in mind of someone's middle-aged single parent, having to go to some fancy function for the first time in years - they've tried to do something with their hair themselves and it's not turned out well, they've bought a polyester party dress out of a mail order catalogue and will be sending it back after tonight, and have splashed out on an overly fancy clutch that they're afraid to put down, all it's missing is some badly applied and unflattering make up and the look would be complete.

So on the whole, I'm not bothered that none of my pets can use these items. >_< The hair would have been useful at some point maybe, but that's it for me.

preview.png

See I really like the hair! Something about it reminds me of Medieval times, maybe the braids?

1 minute ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

See I really like the hair! Something about it reminds me of Medieval times, maybe the braids?

Yeah I don't have an issue with the hair itself, it's just to me it's absolutely NOT party hair. I mentioned a Shenkuu warrior, a native American also springs to mind for me. It's hair that could have a LOT of uses (if it wasn't species specific...)

Just seen this on the Reddit thread about the box, and I think this person's nailed it!

I have a sneaking suspicion they were in a hurry and wanted to make a "yay NetDragon" freebie, but didn't really have the time to make something special for it. So they dug through whatever unreleased items they had lying around for something dragon-related and polished it up and threw it in a box. "NetDragon... Scorchios are kind of dragon... close enough!".

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah I don't have an issue with the hair itself, it's just to me it's absolutely NOT party hair. I mentioned a Shenkuu warrior, a native American also springs to mind for me. It's hair that could have a LOT of uses (if it wasn't species specific...)

Just seen this on the Reddit thread about the box, and I think this person's nailed it!

Haha I personally see the hair as very regal and party-like..... Way more up-done then I could ever do myself, but that's just me lol

2 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Haha I personally see the hair as very regal and party-like..... Way more up-done then I could ever do myself, but that's just me lol

Yeah it's a good job not everyone will think the same as me, lol.

I don't have any up-do skills myself, either.

Off the bat...good on 'em for doing it. A little gift never hurts.

That having been said...why did it have to be not only species specific but gender specific as well? I feel like males pets already get the short end of the stick so far as wearables in Neopia and this just reinforces it.

Ah well...again...they do get an 'A' for effort. Perhaps it is a sign of more effort to come?

:P