He's here!

babayaga67

Welcome to the world baby Zachary!

Glad the birth was problem free, babaya, and he's a nice healthy weight. Hope you did get to have a reviving nap before he started testing out those new lungs of his. :D

Congratulations on your little boy! Zachary is a lovely name! :D

As a mom of 3 I'm going to poke my nose in and offer some advice from my own personal experiences. I highly recommend you and your little one be seen by a reputable licensed chiropractor. The birthing process is quite the ordeal for both you and baby. For myself when my 3rd was born I went about a week after to our regular chiropractor and it helped speed up my healing and helped me feel better. My daughter was treated as well and she had a spot on her neck that was out. It's very gentle and safe for a newborn. A good chiropractor can also help with collic in newborns, frequent spitting up after eating as well as treating and preventing ear infections. Even teething can get some relief. Most of that is done gently through the use of pressure points. If you want more information let me know. This is something I can go on and on about and link you to resources. :D

When I was a baby, I saw a chiropractor and got an "adjustment", but I don't think my parents knew all that.  My dad just has a really bad back, and has always had regular chiropractor appointments.  So he brought baby me to show me off, and depending on who you ask, the chiropractor either just held me, or did an adjustment out of habit because she was holding me.

Thank you everyone!

@Mouseykins I was raised by two Chiropractors, so I have always been an avid believer in the practice. I was already looking for someone to become my new Chiropractor because I haven't found one who does full adjustments (I had one who only did neck adjustments, and another one who used some jiggling machine first, then would adjust the neck only). I was planning on scheduling something next month. I still have six more appointments this month between me and my three little ones.

I'm glad to hear that! I wish it was something I knew when my first was born. Maybe growing up going to the chiropractor would have made her less scared. She went once when she was 3 and not again since. Before our baby's most recent adjustment I noticed she was tugging on her ear and after I haven't noticed anything. Our middle child just loves it, she giggles every time. :D

How was your first night or so in the hospital?

I was up all night on my first night due to people visiting loudly right outside my room and an older patient next door who seemed to have some disorientation or memory problems. While in the hospital I started to develop bronchitis too, so our first week was not much of an enjoyable one for me. But seeing her sweet face made it all worth it. The nurses at the hospital I was at were lovely. At night they'd be bringing me snacks all the time and juice. :D

• 3 weeks later...