Scrappy thinks we haven't noticed?

jellysundae

Read this in the editorial, and now I have stomach ache from laughing so much...

Hi Scrappy! I was wondering if there is an approximate date set for when we will be receiving the new pet slots? Thank you!

I don't know if you know this about TNT, but we reallyyyyy aren't about dates and schedules and working and such. We like fun and games...and pizza, we love pizza!

Yeah you know, this may surprise you Scrappy, but we HAD actually picked up on that about you guys...facepalm.gif

I think what we have here is a case of never a truer word spoken in jest. :laugh:

And you see what she did there? Another patented Scrappy non-answer. She didn't give any indication there that it wasn't going to happen, she side-stepped the question entirely which is an answer in itself, maybe...

Second guessing...always a waste of everyone's time!

So what's your opinion on the potential reality of everyone getting another pet slot? I wonder about the logistics of it, user look ups would have to be re-jigged to be able to display 6 pets for premium members - 2 rows of 3 maybe, so it didn't look a complete mess?

My opinion about Scrappy has been the same ever since she showed up, annoying and try-hard.
Seriously, her answers are always the same, she sounds like one of those kids from early 2000's who would brag because they had a computer at home with a "decent" Kb internet connection.

But anyway, that's not the point. I don't really see a reason to have another pet slot on your account.
I'm the kind of player that create pets, zap/paint and pound them, there are just a few that I keep because .. I actually don't know, they just have some nice names set to their attribute fields and a cute pixel color combination.

As for userlookups for premium users maybe there might need some adjustments to avoid the horizontal scrollbar on the bottom of the page, that's just not nice, so maybe 2 rows of 3 would actually be nice.

I always kinda feel like all the answers in the editorial sound like an adult trying to talk like a kid/teen. I get that they want to cater to kids, who are obviously a large part of Neopets' demographic, but I think they should try a little less to sound like they're of that age themselves. (Once you're over, say, 21, that's just never going to sound right.)

As for the extra pet slot - I'd love one. I keep seeing more pets that I like, and am actually contemplating getting a third side account to accommodate them. XD I get far too attached to these virtual little things to pound them, so yeah, an extra slot would be nice.

I suppose they could alter the size of the pets' pictures to make it fit for premium, or show the premium pet separately, perhaps.

So what's your opinion on the potential reality of everyone getting another pet slot?

I'll eat my shoes if it ever happens :P It would take so much work to change lookups to be able to display another pet slot.

Also, I too find Scrappy a little annoying. She's one of the reasons I stopped reading the editorial.

14 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I always kinda feel like all the answers in the editorial sound like an adult trying to talk like a kid/teen.

Yeah, I picked up on that with how patronising she was when she first answered the question about a 5th pet, like she was talking down to a little kid.

@HansoIf it does happen then, I want video evidence of this! What's your preference? Broiled with barbecue sauce? :yum:

Oh, I would like this. I don't have all my pet slots filled on my 2 sides but I often contemplated becoming one of those people that adopts pets, zaps them to something possibly more "desirable" and then adopts them out or re-pounds them. Plus more slots for me means getting to have more different species! There's so many to like it's hard to limit yourself!

I don't know if I would count on it happening soon, but I think it can be done, if TNT is REALLY game for it and not just teasing "Well maybe it'll happen! We'll get back to you on that!"- style.

As I said before, I think she may have read old Neopian Times Editorials and is trying to be like Snarkie was. It may have worked for Snarkie, but...

As to new pet slots, I'm really wondering how or why the question asker thinks we are going to get new pet slots. Unless something has been circulating around the "Charter" Neoboard, or were directly answered via Neomail, previous Neopian Times Editorials seem to be "maybe" on getting new pet slots:

Neipian Times Editorial, Issue: 789, 14th day of Swimming, Y19:

"Hiya Scrappy! I just have to say that when I see your name I think of scrappy doo from scooby doo LOL xD My question to you is, have you guys and gals ever thought about upping the pet slot limit?? like instead of 4 pets on each account, 5 if you have premium have you thought of maybe changing it to say maybe 5 per account 6 if you have premium? Im a kougra fan and would love to add to my family but alas...pet space :/ ~burberry_londonn"
"Hm, how odd I never thought that....not once.....
We have thought about it. We've thought long and hard if you guys would be responsible enough to take on another pet. But how many of those would end up at the pound? How many would not receive the attention and care they deserve? However, I've been seeing a lot of positive signs lately sooooo we just might have to reconsider."

And, although petpet related, Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 787, 23rd day of Relaxing, Y19:

"Hi Scrappy! After 18 years, I feel our Neopets have proven they are responsible enough for a second petpet and there are so many awesome petpets who need homes but our Neopian landlords seem to have a strict 'one petpet' policy. Is there any chance we could have this lifted? ;D ~ broadcastquality"
"I mean, I would love to make this happen for you but I gotta be honest. I've seen some irresponsible pets out there. I'm just not 110% you've all really earned it. Two petpets is A LOT of work. They require equal love, care and attention. I can't make this happen until I am absolutely certain no petpets would suffer. However, I will consider it and spy on observe the lands to see if I believe you're ready."

With these two answers, and the one you posted, TNT/JS "maybe" seems to be "not likely/anytime soon". Both of these answers have "be responsible enough" and "irresponsible", which = irresponsible, and that makes me think either "no", "not anytime soon", or a "possibility in the near future", with the "near future" being in 2020 and maybe when Neopets have everything converted to HTML5 and no more Adobe Flash. Then, maybe then, they might be able to make it work. For the question you posted, she just "side-stepped" it completely. "Side-stepping" seems to be the "norm" or when a hard, good question is asked, but TNT/JS really has no answer for.

Right now, I don't know the logistics, either, but I'm not sure if the servers could handle it, or if the Neopets "backend" code could handle it, either. I know it may seem easy to us - "Well, if they already have the code for 4 pets and 5 for premium, it should be easy just to add another one to each.", but in reality, that could cause problems. There are closet issues with Adobe Flash and customization, as it is.

If it did happen, I'd say in 2020. If they decided to and are able to, with how things are now (servers, code), then I'd say on one of the Neopets Birthdays, between now and 2020. It would make a nice present, for those that would like another pet slot.

Then again, I don't know, but I'd think Key Quest would be something better to bring back, first, before letting people have another pet slot. IMHO, though.

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

As to new pet slots, I'm really wondering how or why the question asker thinks we are going to get new pet slots.

It's the human element, lol. Because Scrappy's responses to people asking haven't been a flat-out unequivocal NO, suddenly we are definitely getting a fifth slot. :rolleyes:

That process that we call Chinese whispers in this country - where info gets altered a little each time it's passed along - is very much in full effect on Neopets. >_<

I've seen people on the boards hoping (undoubtedly futilely) that the Habitarium will come back because of NetDragon. So I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if not before long there'll be posts popping up with people firmly stating that it IS coming back.

I've got to say, I don't understand why they publish the questions that they don't actually give an answer to in their response, do they see these non-answers as a sop? I find it annoying and insulting. : /

I refuse to read the editorial for that reason... I hate their vague answers and side stepping of questions. I don't get upset easily, but the editorial urkes me lol

Who can tell me what was the editorial like when Droplet was in charge?

She seemed to be universally loved so I'm guessing she managed responses better?

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Who can tell me what was the editorial like when Droplet was in charge?

She seemed to be universally loved so I'm guessing she managed responses better?

I think she got replaced several months before AC X, so just go back around three or four years in the NT archive. From what I can tell, there were jokes, but not at the expense of actual answers. It didn't help that Droplet was "laid off" right after she got back from maternity leave.

44 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I think she got replaced several months before AC X, so just go back around three or four years in the NT archive. From what I can tell, there were jokes, but not at the expense of actual answers. It didn't help that Droplet was "laid off" right after she got back from maternity leave.

Oh yeah, she was laid off right before, or during the AC if I remember right, because she was one of the staff tournament players. I picked her, then like everyone else wondered if I'd need to pick someone else because she'd left, but her character remained as an option.

That's by the by though, isn't it. So she wasn't annoying like Scrappy is...lol.