Upgrading My Set

So I'm updating my battle pet's equipment as I level her(I'm going to get her to 100 then do the other stats,) and I'm wondering what would be a good upgrade for the stuff she has. Right now she has:

Scarab Ring

Golden Compass

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Virtupets X-514 Super Shield

Downsize!

Helm of Recovery

and 2x Scroll of Knowledge

Right now her stats are:

Lvl : 72
Str : 131
Def : 122
Mov : 88
Hp : 135

Intelligence:73

I don't want to spend more that 10 million neopoints.

Hi! I was wondering, are you planning on fighting 1p opponents, or 2p against other neopets players?

Also, do you have any specific 1p opponents in mind that you'd like to work your set on specifically to beat, or are you looking for a general, well-rounded set that will be effective against more 1p opponents?

Some advice I'll give now, is that you should work on your training. Right now you're in the annoying gap between the 125-200 boosts for Strength. I'd recommend getting your Defense to 125 as well so your defense items will serve you better. Strength and Defense boosts are the same for both, and if you didn't know, here is an article that displays the boosts and the stat numbers your pet needs to get to in order to gain more strength or defense.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts/

Think of the boosts as multipliers. Number of icons, Multiplied by the boost, = maximum damage. If the opponent defends, then of course your damage will be less than the maximum. Hence why freezing items or faerie abilities like Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage are ALL the rage when battling. lol

Training really can help. My pet's stats are maxed as high as counts for the final level of boosts, at 750 for Strength and Defense. My best constant weapon does 15 icons with the Stone Foam Finger, multiplied by the final boost, 16. So with that one item, I do 240 damage if nothing is blocked. I suggest you work on training, because right now your strength multiplier is 3. When you get your strength to 200, it LEAPS to 4.5. That's a HUGE jump for a multiplier, as you can see from the above linked article. It's the largest gap, but it's also the largest boost increase.

I'll check back to see if you've answered my questions, if I know more about whom or what you're going to fight, I can better think about what equipment might be a good fit for your pet. :) With thousands of pieces of equipment, it's always useful to be able to trim down some of the excess equipment. ;)

I'd also recommend training strength, defence, and HP up as much as possible now and while you are leveling to 100.  Once you get to level 100, it'll cost an extra two hours and an extra codestone for every point.  That adds up.  And the level 100 faerie abilities aren't THAT great.  You should have the level 50 lens flare already, which should be your best friend.  I always use it first in my 1p battles.  If you are doing 2p you have to know who starts.

My favorite weapon is Yooyu Knuckle Duster.

14 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hi! I was wondering, are you planning on fighting 1p opponents, or 2p against other neopets players?

Also, do you have any specific 1p opponents in mind that you'd like to work your set on specifically to beat, or are you looking for a general, well-rounded set that will be effective against more 1p opponents?

Some advice I'll give now, is that you should work on your training. Right now you're in the annoying gap between the 125-200 boosts for Strength. I'd recommend getting your Defense to 125 as well so your defense items will serve you better. Strength and Defense boosts are the same for both, and if you didn't know, here is an article that displays the boosts and the stat numbers your pet needs to get to in order to gain more strength or defense.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts/

Think of the boosts as multipliers. Number of icons, Multiplied by the boost, = maximum damage. If the opponent defends, then of course your damage will be less than the maximum. Hence why freezing items or faerie abilities like Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage are ALL the rage when battling. lol

Training really can help. My pet's stats are maxed as high as counts for the final level of boosts, at 750 for Strength and Defense. My best constant weapon does 15 icons with the Stone Foam Finger, multiplied by the final boost, 16. So with that one item, I do 240 damage if nothing is blocked. I suggest you work on training, because right now your strength multiplier is 3. When you get your strength to 200, it LEAPS to 4.5. That's a HUGE jump for a multiplier, as you can see from the above linked article. It's the largest gap, but it's also the largest boost increase.

I'll check back to see if you've answered my questions, if I know more about whom or what you're going to fight, I can better think about what equipment might be a good fit for your pet. :) With thousands of pieces of equipment, it's always useful to be able to trim down some of the excess equipment. ;)

Mostly I'm just aiming for a better overall set for 1 player. I'm getting her to level 75 then raising the other stats. I already have lens flare, thankfully.

5 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I'd also recommend training strength, defence, and HP up as much as possible now and while you are leveling to 100.  Once you get to level 100, it'll cost an extra two hours and an extra codestone for every point.  That adds up.  And the level 100 faerie abilities aren't THAT great.  You should have the level 50 lens flare already, which should be your best friend.  I always use it first in my 1p battles.  If you are doing 2p you have to know who starts.

My favorite weapon is Yooyu Knuckle Duster.

Which weapon would that replace?

Ok, so you're just looking for a rounded upgrade. Balloongal247 made a good recommendation with the Yooyu Knuckle Dusters. As you can see, it's a 14-icon weapon.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/yooyu-knuckle-duster

So, 2 of them means you're playing with 28 icons! My Stone Foam Finger is 15 icons, But the last time I checked, the Stone Foam Fingers cost more NP for 1 of them than 2 of the Yooyu Knuckle Dusters. So go for the Knuckle Dusters as replacements for your Scrolls of Knowledge. ;)

Your Helm of Recovery is fine for now. Definitely keep that! Same goes for Downsize! The parasol is decent, especially for the price. ;) And if you go against an opponent with a lot of Light icon-weapons, you're pretty ready. The Virtupets Shield is good, but not for every opponent. I would recommend Leaf Shield (the green one from Illusens quests)  and/or Patched Magic Hat
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/leaf-shield
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/patched-magic-hat
They're about in the same league, just mainly different icons. I'd recommend keeping your current shield, and switching that out with either the Leaf Shield or Patched magic Hat, you don't need to buy both of them.
One thing that isn't generally recommended, but I recommend it for opponents with Fire/Light, Flaming Oven Gloves. It only blocks 5 fire and 2 light, but I've used it over the years for some opponents.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/flaming-oven-gloves

Keep the Golden Compass in case you need some dark defense. Although, if you want to splurge, Hanso Charisma Charm does 10 icons and blocks ALL Darkness. Though, on the TP now it's looking like it's 1 mil.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/hanso-charisma-charm

I guess that leaves your Scarab Ring. It's weak, and no longer recommended. But, depending on your opponent, it could help shave off a few points of damage from your pet while inflicting a bit of damage of your own.

I budget battle, and I learned from that, that even with Neopets weapons, most of them have their uses, even the some of the weaker ones like Scarab Ring. ;) Also, weaker weapons are easier to collect one or two of them, and switch out depending on the arsenal of the 1p opponent you want to fight.

I was wondering, are you looking for a bomb type weapon? It's pricey, but Ghostkerbomb, is still arguably the best in the game. 21-30 icons of damage, once per battle. You can buy it for 7.5 mil in the Hidden Tower, often though you can find them for sale by other users on the TP or Auction house for a little cheaper pricetag.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/ghostkerbomb

If you want a Freezer, Randomly Firing Freeze Ray is probably the more efficient freezer for the price. The 100% freezers are usually around 4 mil.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/randomly-firing-freeze-ray

Probably the best 100% freezer would be the H4000 Helmet.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/h4000-helmet
The only one on the TP with a price is asking 4mil.

I recommend training over high-icon weaponry. but the Yooyu Knuckle Dusters are a STEAL at about 67,000np! Serisouly, that's CHEAP compared to 14+ icon weapons that've been released in the past!

If you want to talk reflectors, I can list the 50% reflectors sold in the Defense Magic Shop. All of those break eventually though, and then need to be repurchased. There is also an item known as a Thick Smoke Bomb. It's on the shop wiz and blocks ALL damage for 1 turn, then it needs to be bought again. (Just like Downsize Power Plus, but without the insane retired pricetag). Thick Smoke Bombs can be bought from an NPC shop, but you need a pet at least level 250 to gain access to the Secret Ninja Training School. So if you want Thick Smoke Bombs, the shop wiz is your current best bet.

I hope this helps! If you've got any other questions, feel free to ask.