VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE - Blue screen happened yet again

NeoStep

This error has happened at least over 3 times now. I have tried updating the driver for the video card, but it says it's up to date, yet the blue screen for it keeps popping up.

Is this a sign that my video card is now starting to wither away to where it won't work at all?

1 hour ago, NeoStep said:

This error has happened at least over 3 times now. I have tried updating the driver for the video card, but it says it's up to date, yet the blue screen for it keeps popping up.

Is this a sign that my video card is now starting to wither away to where it won't work at all?

After the "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE", does it list a file name (ie nvlddmkm.sys or something)? Have you tried reinstalling the video driver? Did this happen after a recent Windows Update? Is this a laptop or desktop? Is it overheating? Info that may help:

Make/Model of device: (ie Dell Latitude E6410, HP 640 G2 Pro laptop, etc)

Operating System:

It doesn't necessarily mean your video card is on its way out. It is possible your device received an update (video, or otherwise), and it is causing the issue, or somehow the video driver got corrupted (ie bad shutdown).