Weird SDB issue

RedKnight

So I was going through my safety deposit box to clear out some stuff, and I noticed that there are two stacks each of 'Basic Gift Box' and two of 'Haunted Gift Box.' The haunted ones are right next to each other, but the basic ones are separated by seven items (including a massively expired Lulu DD ticket, lol.) I tried taking the haunted ones out and re-adding them, but the stack didn't merge. Has this happened to anyone else?

The basic gift boxes do that because the ones from trudy are "different" from the ones you get elsewhere.  I guess the same is true of the haunted ones for some reason.  They may look and act identical, but at a coding level, they are marked as different items.

It could also be because the maximum quantity of a single item supported by the SDB is 99, i.e. it can't display three-digit quantities, so if you had 100 or more boxes, it would split them into two categories, one with 99 and one with the remaining amount.

Balloongal's explanation is probably more likely though, since idk where you would get 100+ boxes, especially of two different types o.O

I noticed this after several years of hoarding Shiny Obsidian--I had several hundred so they had split themselves into multiple groups of 99 and some change. 

48 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

It could also be because the maximum quantity of a single item supported by the SDB is 99, i.e. it can't display three-digit quantities, so if you had 100 or more boxes, it would split them into two categories, one with 99 and one with the remaining amount.

Balloongal's explanation is probably more likely though, since idk where you would get 100+ boxes, especially of two different types o.O

I noticed this after several years of hoarding Shiny Obsidian--I had several hundred so they had split themselves into multiple groups of 99 and some change. 

They may have fixed that... I have 114 Green Chia Plushies all stacked together.  I'm guessing they made the limit 999 now.

9 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

They may have fixed that... I have 114 Green Chia Plushies all stacked together.  I'm guessing they made the limit 999 now.

I have 672 pieces of obsidian (don't judge me, it's so shiny :ph34r:) so they def have fixed that *nods*

That makes sense. Thanks for answering.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts seven words or more.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.