Unreleased Baby Chia Morphing Potion

hrtbrk

9 hours ago, Zafie said:

Lol!! I can't unsee this now. But wow, that's a very interesting looking MP xD

Hahaha, share my woe! xD

I've seen it like that right from the start and can't visualise what I'm MEANT to be seeing. :laughingsmiley:

Can someone clue me in? I don't understand what is Chia-ish about ANY of the top half of this potion. >_< The baby bottle teet is the only bit that makes any kind of sense to me, lol.

23 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Do you think they designed it for a different pet, and then were like, oh, darn, it's chia day...

probably

maybe for the baby Elephante ? 

but it doesnt really look like any baby pet ive seen

Doesn't look like any of the baby morphing potions either.  All but one of them are baby bottles, not the base shape of the normal morphing potions.  Those also aren't the chia feet that are on all of the chia morphing potions. I can't figure out what pet it IS supposed to look like though.  Maybe it's a new artist who just really didn't understand the concept?

• 4 weeks later...

I've discovered something informative about this potion!!!

See I noticed this thread on the boards...

That "new" Baby Chia Morphing Potion in the news... 

So obviously I was agog (that's such a fun word!) to see what someone else had to say about it after my oh-so-complimentary analysis of it. :laugh:

Seems it's a very old item that was never used!

Fruity Faerie Lolly    10011.gif?121

Previous Versions

• 848.gif
    Baby Transmogrification Potion

So THAT explains why it looks nothing like a Chia! It was intended as a generic baby potion, and was probably rejected because it looks like poop.

I'm really torn between the two ways of thinking about this. One part of me is majorly eye-rolly about them digging up some crappy old art instead of creating new. But the other part is fully understanding that this could well have been a case of it was this or nothing. I've personally been in that situation with having to release previously unused and not the best quality items because there's simply no other option, so yeah, I'm very torn!

I guess it's just that we have no idea what JS's situation actually IS: how many staff they have; what resources are available to them; their time constraints, etc. So all we can ever do is judge the results, which is why we end up thinking they're a bunch of imbeciles. >_<

Yeah, but if the programming and development staff (and customer support, pretty much everyone who actually does anything that deals with us) ARE habitually understaffed, overworked, not given new feature requests in time to actually produce quality content, etc, then the COMPANY (management, etc who make those decisions) IS idiotic, and apparently a bad place to work.

So, wait, if that's the previous version of the fruity faerie lolly, is that lolly supposed to work like a baby pb?  Why is it only a few k instead of 600k?

We can only hope that NetDragon's going to loosen up the purse strings a little then. Scrappy is getting an assistant...that in itself seems positive, right? But NOT if it's a case of having to lose someone from elsewhere to gain this new girl.

28 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

So, wait, if that's the previous version of the fruity faerie lolly, is that lolly supposed to work like a baby pb?  Why is it only a few k instead of 600k?

Nah, what I'm guessing happened here is they uploaded a new item into an old item slot, as that MP never got used it was just sat moldering in their date base, so they'll have saved the image file (unfortunately? lol) and re-used the already existing item ID for something that actually got released, but it's not in any way a replacement for the existing item.

848.gifOh, I think I get it now. 

The top, the "superhero mask", is a pacifier pointed upwards. Pacifiers have those two holes at the base for some purpose. 

The mustache also looks like a bow, and so does the pacifier. 

The bikini top is the arms. 

The universal charging port is the belly button. 

Reminds me of a blue kacheek. 

17 hours ago, eloralestrange said:

848.gifOh, I think I get it now. 

The top, the "superhero mask", is a pacifier pointed upwards. Pacifiers have those two holes at the base for some purpose. 

The mustache also looks like a bow, and so does the pacifier. 

The bikini top is the arms. 

The universal charging port is the belly button. 

Reminds me of a blue kacheek. 

Those two holes on a pacifier are for air flow so the plastic doesn't stick like a suction cup to a child's face.

This MP looks weirdly wrong imo. It's like they threw something together. Not great artistry that's for sure!

45 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Not great artistry that's for sure!

Too true! At least this time there's a good reason for that as this has been gathering dust since June 21 2002 according to the release date on JN of the item that replaced it, and as it never got released then TNT at the time were only too aware that it wasn't up to scratch, lol.

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Too true! At least this time there's a good reason for that as this has been gathering dust since June 21 2002 according to the release date on JN of the item that replaced it, and as it never got released then TNT at the time were only too aware that it wasn't up to scratch, lol.

Then the logical thing would be to update the artwork, but oh well. I guess we can see it as a blast from the past.