gave GBC to nonexistent username?

OK, first off - not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. If not, my apologies.

So, yesterday a user approached me for an NC trade. She wanted one GBC sent to a side and items to her main. I accidentally sent the GBC to a similar username. Totally my own fault. Then I tried to look up that user, but it seems none exists with that name. I have not received a NM saying the GBC was received. Do you think if I wait 48 hours it may be returned like unclaimed np gifts?

I wanted to submit a ticket, but a blank page just opens. I use safari on a macbook. I also tried with a browser called Puffin, but it was the same thing.

Any advice, or should I just forget about the lost GBC?

I would wait 48 hours...  Chances are that if there's not a check that it is a valid, unfrozen, username, that it uses the same code for returning an item as long as nothing marks it as accepted, which it can't be, because there's nothing there to accept it.  I also wonder if someone were to create an account with that username in that 48 hours, would a GBC be waiting there for them?

After 48 hours, when you determine what exactly did or did not happen, I would put in a ticket, either for lost item, or for bug in the code.  Because there SHOULD be a check when sending items, especially NC items, that the username is valid.  So, they should know that you found a hole in the system that they should look into.  I doubt they'll fix it anytime soon, but maybe they'll include it as a test case for the new non-Flash neopets.

@charelan Your GBC will be returned to you around 48 hours from when you sent it. However, I don't think you'll get your gift box back when it does get returned to you. If for some reason you don't get it after that I'd wait a tad longer, maybe another day just in case before submitting a ticket to TNT.

Items including pets are returned after about 2-3 days if they're not accepted, so the same is true for NC items.

@balloongal247 This is NOT a loophole in TNT's system. It is the user's responsibility to make sure that what they're sending goes to the correct person. This is NOT a bug in the code either and just how the site works for all items and things being sent to other Neopians.

@Mouseykins, as a programmer, I learned that you should ALWAYS "idiot proof" any inputs.  You have to account for any crazy thing someone might input, no matter how wrong it would be, and prevent anything that isn't what you want.  While it's not necessarily a bug, it is a valid test case, and fairly easy code, pretty much the same as they use in neomail for to check if you will have trouble neomailing that person. While they are redesigning the site to make it work without flash, they should include a test case for this scenario.  While obviously typing in a different, valid, username would be your fault, it would be nice to have it let us know if the username is nonexistent or frozen.

Well, if you need to open a support ticket for this, or any issue in the future (hopefully, not), you may need to "allow" cookies with Safari. I do not know what version of Mac OS or Safari you are using, so these instructions may be different, but may get you in the general area. For Mac OS X Sierra and Safari 10.1.2, open Safari (of course). On the Mac menu bar, click "Safari", then "Preferences". In the window that opens, click on "Privacy". For the "Cookies and website data:" setting, mine is set to "Allow from websites I visit". I had to change it to "Always allow". Once changed, you may need to refresh the Neopets "Help" page. (I had to refresh it twice). Or, you could try logging out of Neopets and logging back in and go to the "Help" page. If all goes well, you should be able to submit a ticket on the "Submit a Ticket" page, with the drop down lists appearing/working. Once you have submitted your ticket, you may want to change your Safari cookie settings back to what they were. If/when you wish to check the status of your ticket, remember, you may have to change your cookie settings back to "allow". Hope this helps.

EDIT: The only extension I'm using with Safari is Ad Block Plus. If you are using any other extensions that manage cookies or browsing, you may have to edit those settings for Neopets. Also, I have not tried the Neopets "Help" page with Puffin. I have used Puffin, but the mobile version only, and that was a long time ago.