for all you hoarders out there...

charelan

Is there anything you donate/ discard regularly?

I keep nearly everything but I can't stand dung or snot items - they ALWAYS go.

Before Charity Corner I used to get rid of A LOT. Pretty much anything worth under 100np that I had more than one of. Now I keep almost everything.. I'm not sure why I have so many bottles of sand though - it's not like I think Granny is suddenly going to need them lol

I donate forgotten shore maps to newbies on the trading post.  I discard/donate rotten omelettes, dung jelly, sometimes poisonous jelly because it can be useful to people (I keep some on hand for myself too).  The bottles of sand I take to the cooking pot.  The non-useful items with rarity rating of >r100 I may donate/discard/give away, because granny doesn't accept those.  She may start accepting them at some point and I will wish I kept more, but up until now, it has always been rarity <99.  That's my story.

I don't really discard/donate anything. I love that there's no limit to the amount of stuff we can store in our SDB, so I take advantage of that and just throw everything in there. :D If I ever need anything specific from it, the search function works well enough. :)

@rntracy1 I second Angelo's question about the sand!

I get rid of hardly anything, lol. (Tracy will be proud of how well she's taught me ;D)

Omelette and jelly gets donated - apart from rotten omelette because that's a coincidence thing.

r.101 stuff from Bart gets donated if it's food and ditched if it's not.

Deserted tomb gets the same treatment - stuff useful to others gets donated, otherwise discard.

Fish gets donated - apart from rockfish as that's inedible, and bland, scrawny and waterfish as Coincidence wants 'em.

But for some reason I'm hesitant to get rid of all r.101 stuff, forgotten shore map pieces are accumulating! What else am I not throwing away...

• Bucket of sludge - 46
  • old boot - 35
  • rainbow dung - 34
  • rotting driftwood - 131
  • shiny obsidian - 685

:ph34r:

I'm good at ditching the rotting footwear now, but everything else seems to want to stay. :huh:

Ah! I visited the cooking pot to get the chef Bonju avatar and that's it, I never paid any further attention to it.

*looks at recipes*

OMG xD Hot chocolate is made by mixing chocolate milkshake with SOUP!!! :laughingsmiley: Yeah you can definitely tell that Neopets was created by a college student, can't you?! SO many of these cooking pot creations look like drunk 2AM dorm room cooking to me. lol.gif

i used the cooking pot before and some items are so much cheaper to make there than buy from the TP 

but i didnt know thats how sand sculptures are made :) 

anyway i discard/donate a lot of items esp from the fishing game and lost shore map pieces but i hoard pretty much everything else 

OH, I just remembered, I used the cooking pot recently to make a Hasseepuss!

pet_haseepuss.gif

My draiky girl will get him once her Quadrapus has earnt me an avatar. :3

51 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

If there were like buttons, I would like it.

Where'd the like buttons go? I'm gone for a couple of days .... :shiftyeyes_anim:

I keep most things as well.... well lately, everything since I'm accumulating for that trash avvie, for coincidence quests and I have intentions of taking part in charity corner. I don't like the dung items so those definitely go when I get them. Since I don't do pick your own these days, my accumulation of dung has decreased dramatically. I do sell my forgotten shore map pieces and Petpet Lab Map pieces in my shop and some books if Alafair has already read them along with cards and stamps I pick up from dailies, REs, or the Igloo Garage Sale. 

Thanks for the tip for the Cooking Pot. I only ever used it for Chef Bonjou avvie and to convert bottled faeries.

I have a confession to make!

I just . . . *breathes deeply* . . . THREW SOME STUFF AWAY!

:laughingsmiley:

r.101 specials, the lot of 'em, but still, I discarded some things!!

*faints*

lol.gif