Jump to content
The Daily Neopets Forum
jellysundae

Ok, own up, who ate my like button?!

Recommended Posts

:yum:

I hope it gives you indigestion!

:P

I figure its disappearance is a temporary thing after yesterday's update. I'll not tell you how long I just spent refreshing and so on, thinking I could make it magically re-appear. :blush02:

:laughingsmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was one yesterday, the site wasn't accessible for a little while. I don't think it was for long so it would have been easy to miss. But there was a message about it being unavailable because an update was in progress.

When REALLY, it was some cyber beast snarfing down all the like buttons!! :bigeyed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, acmerasta said:

Can I hope for a return to top button when the like button comes back?

Those are always nice, aren't they? *nods*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll look into this as soon as we can. :D

My like button is also MIA, so it's affecting staff too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

:yum:

I hope it gives you indigestion!

:P

I figure its disappearance is a temporary thing after yesterday's update. I'll not tell you how long I just spent refreshing and so on, thinking I could make it magically re-appear. :blush02:

:laughingsmiley:

rntracy1 likes this

I guess we have to make our own like buttons now.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

rntracy1 likes this

I guess we have to make our own like buttons now.  LOL

jellysundae likes this

:laughingsmiley:

We're going old skool here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lakecat said:

I found it! :graduated: Programmers, just insert this .JPG into the code someplace. That will work, right? :headset:

LikeButton.jpg

That totally looks like it should make a loud noise when you hit it! :laughingsmiley:

I want it to sound like a duck!

QUACK! QUACK!

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG! I was going to mention something about this last night, but I thought, maybe, it was just happening to me, and to give it another day. I did notice some changes to the TDN Forums. Just when you start to get used to the "new" changes, something new changes...

Oh, @jellysundae, just so you know, the "like" button tastes like chicken, and could use more salt. I'd give you a "like" for starting this topic, but... (Just kidding. I did give you one, and thanks for starting this. I was starting to freak out).

@lakecat, I like your "like" button, so I gave you a "like"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

OMG! I was going to mention something about this last night, but I thought, maybe, it was just happening to me, and to give it another day. I did notice some changes to the TDN Forums. Just when you start to get used to the "new" changes, something new changes...

Oh, @jellysundae, just so you know, the "like" button tastes like chicken, and could use more salt. I'd give you a "like" for starting this topic, but... (Just kidding. I did give you one, and thanks for starting this. I was starting to freak out).

@lakecat, I like your "like" button, so I gave you a "like"!

I SO wanted to make a Yo dawg meme for this comment to lakecat, but my brain shut down the instant I wanted something clever from it, so no potential amusement provided by me today, sorry! lol.

Also, now we know what happened to the original like buttons! That cyber beast I mentioned...it was you Scoobert, you ate 'em all!!

Here, in case you get hungry again. :ph34r:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHorgWvPaCGwvXsfHr-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 6:25 PM, hrtbrk said:

As for a back to top button, I am uncertain if that was also specific to our old theme and is no longer a function on this version of the forum software.

 

The Back to the top button/link was there before the previous upgrade. It's been missing since then. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you want to go back to top that often?  The bottom of the page has links to go to the next unread topic, back to the topic listing you are in, or has a folder structure where you can go back anywhere from home to wherever you are. More useful would be a jump to most recent button for when I accidentally click on the topic name instead of a latest post link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

 

Why would you want to go back to top that often?  The bottom of the page has links to go to the next unread topic, back to the topic listing you are in, or has a folder structure where you can go back anywhere from home to wherever you are.

 

I go back into the notifications to go to another link... I actually hop from one thread to the next but often not in the order it appears and I skip some so I like the drop down. I also keep several tabs open; So I'd have a tab with the dailies page open and tabs with game guides, chat and areas I post to regularly.

 

I switched to default and now I can see the reactions! However, all the other all the other links at the bottom have vanished lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I go back into the notifications to go to another link.

I do the same, lol. Or I leave that open and open each one in a new tab.

THEN, I go through all activity until I see the last thing I did, so I don't miss anything,'cause I'm nosy. :ph34r:

 

I worry about this new set up for likes, I don't understand why it's not actually default and automatically working when you sign up. As it has to be activated, and it is REALLY tucked away, new members aren't going to understand about the reaction notifications they're getting and I predict many topics in the help section from confused new people.

Unless it actually IS default for a new account, and we just had to switch it on because we were already here, do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't have to be activated.  It's just that the TDN themes aren't designed to accommodate the new system yet.   So you have to switch to the non-TDN themes until TDN has time to update their theme to fit the new reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

It didn't have to be activated.  It's just that the TDN themes aren't designed to accommodate the new system yet.   So you have to switch to the non-TDN themes until TDN has time to update their theme to fit the new reactions.

Ah! Thank you! And I'm quite sure hrtbrk explained that quite clearly in her post up there! I'm tellin' you, I have skills at being oblivious these days facepalm.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

It didn't have to be activated.  It's just that the TDN themes aren't designed to accommodate the new system yet.   So you have to switch to the non-TDN themes until TDN has time to update their theme to fit the new reactions.

The themes we use on the forums, Shift and Mind are ones we use and have not developed or created. Because of this we cannot edit the themes that were made by others and have to wait for the theme creators to update theirs to reflect and incorporate the new reactions system. Hrtbrk activated the basic default theme for the mean time so we can use the reactions system. Hopefully theme developers will be able to update their themes quickly, but until now we'll have to make do with what we got and be glad we have a like system still. A few years ago we didn't.

@jellysundae this post is for you as well. My multi-quoting got confuzzled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

The themes we use on the forums, Shift and Mind are ones we use and have not developed or created. Because of this we cannot edit the themes that were made by others and have to wait for the theme creators to update theirs to reflect and incorporate the new reactions system. Hrtbrk activated the basic default theme for the mean time so we can use the reactions system. Hopefully theme developers will be able to update their themes quickly, but until now we'll have to make do with what we got and be glad we have a like system still. A few years ago we didn't.

@jellysundae this post is for you as well. My multi-quoting got confuzzled.

Ooh, so there's potentially more shinies to come?

And no doubt more dumbness from me until I finally figure out what's going on :rolleyes::blush02:

Maybe, once everything's up to date and you guys can add your own reactions (I did manage to absorb that titbit of info from hrtbrk's post :D) you could add a "Gibb's slap" one that you can use on me. :laughingsmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I'm liking the reaction system. Now I can say "Thanks" or laugh at a funny comment without doing it in seven words or more! :laughingsmiley:

Yes!

I especially appreciate that there's a sad option. It feels SO wrong to "like" a post where someone's sharing something unhappy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I like about the new reaction system as well.

@jellysundae LOL at the Gibbs slap, though sadly that doesn't happen as much anymore. We might be able to have a facepalm one when things get sorted out. Have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

That's what I like about the new reaction system as well.

@jellysundae LOL at the Gibbs slap, though sadly that doesn't happen as much anymore. We might be able to have a facepalm one when things get sorted out. Have to wait and see.

He hasn't got Tony to slap any more, lol.

It'll be fun to see what custom reactions we end with. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×