Just bought the Tyrannian Sceptre from the prize shop

I like it :D

Bearing in mind that my BD technique is no technique at all, lol. My general M.O. is scrolls of the scholar and Super Nova + Lens Flare. Which gave me a total of 89 damage so I'd perpetually fight the Flaming Meerca on hard.

Using the sceptre with the Scolarly scroll gives me 108 damage total, so I can brave the Koi Warrior on hard now. :D Totally paid off because the very first thing I won from him was an Eo codestone, something of which I have none of, and need to pay for my current training session!

It'll be interesting to see if I stick with the Koi warrior now, I've stuck with the Flaming Meerca up until now as you get an r.90+ food and book item from him, but I've seen numerous people say the Koi Warrior's v. good for codestones.

Anyone got any feedback on this guy?

Huh, I'm not familiar with that weapon, I think it must be pretty new...Do you happen to know the icon types and number of icons for it? I kinda reversed the numbers for your new combo of the Scroll of the Scholar plus the Tyrannian Sceptre. If it's your Kacheek that is your battle pet. then it's strength boost is 4.5. As the Scroll of the Scholar has 10 icons, that would be 45 max damage. Subtract 45 from the 108 that you posted about dealing, and you get 63. Divide 63 by 4.5 and you get 14. So I'm guessing it has 14 icons based on what you've said. I don't see it in the Battlepedia. So if you could reply with the icon-types it does. That would be great! :)

As for battle opponents. I've heard that Koi Warrior is good for Codestones, and it's been talked about as being a good source of codestones for quite some time since the new BD was released, so it's quite possibly true. I don't know for certain that difficulty plays a role in what the rewards are for beating him, or the other 1p opponents. Of course, I can't say that it doesn't either. lol But yeah, try battling Koi Warrior for awhile and if you get the stones you want/need, then I don't see much reason in going after other opponents since you need codestones. :)

Happy battling! :)

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Huh, I'm not familiar with that weapon, I think it must be pretty new...Do you happen to know the icon types and number of icons for it?

It's a prize from this year's AC

I figured I might as well spend my points on it, as I can re-sell it if I decide I don't want to keep it. The JN battlepedia review is positive, too. These are the icons it has, so your maths is right, yeah? lol.

Tyrannian Sceptre (r101) [Special]View in Item Database
Description An arcane split-sceptre with a double blade mounted on a medium length staff. It can be swung like a blade and can be triggered with a thrust to shoot a tight ball of fire. Tyrannian Sceptre

Multiuse

Average Rating [?]

Purchase This Item
Purchase via User Shops Purchase via Trading Post Purchase via Auctions

Attack [*fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**light**light**light**light**light**light**light*] OR
[*physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire*]
Defense N/A
Reflect N/A
Effects N/A
Actual Icons

ATTACK FIRE 7 ATTACK LIGHT 0-7 ATTACK PHYSICAL 0-7

I got 4 codestones from the fishie today, which is fairly average. I'll stick with him for a while and see how it goes.

Yes, any in the maraquan dome (koi warrior is the least) are the best for codestones, because they have fewer junk items you can win instead.  If you don't have premium, I'd recommend maraquan dome.

Tyrannian Scepter is good, it's the same stats as last year's yooyu knuckle duster, which I love and have two of. That is only about 65k each, last I checked.  Scepter was more.  Both 7 icons each two types, but different types.  If you are using them while you opponent is frozen, it doesn't really matter.

6 regular codestones today.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll stick with this guy while I build a bit more stock of the codestones that I'm short of, then I'll probably go back to the flaming meerca for the food, and higher rarity book prizes.