Happy Techo Day!

hrtbrk

The main colour for the marble is LOVE :heart: For me, them using another shade of green for the stripes - particularly a warm green when the body's shaded in a cool green - spoils it, but that's very much a personal taste thing.

Also the lighter green does somewhat resemble the Techo's digestive tract, which doesn't have the hugest amount of appeal for me. :laugh:

The eye being done in the lighter shades of the body's palette is...well, I dunno what it is. Maybe the artist thought it looked good, I don't think so though, needs some contrast.

But the body colour's great! xD

Chocolate's kind of half-assed, isn't it? And they've done that poop-shaped frosting thing...

That's some fugly hair, though I don't imagine techos are that easy to make "pretty" anyway.  But I for one won't be lamenting that wig being species specific, maybe this is JS's way of stopping people getting upset about not being able to use an item on their pet? :laugh:

The dress the techo's wearing isn't the one shown below it, what's all that about, lol. Someone made a booboo.

^ The techo's wig/entire new outfit is literally just Medusa's look from ABC's new Marvel show Inhumans. Her wig looks just as bad in the promo images. It seems like most of the recent pet day wearables are just directly copied from movies/tv/comics. For example: Kyrii is Aquaman, Grundo is Shrek, Kau was Suicide Squad's Harley Quinn, and Peophin is Wonder Woman. And those are just the ones I recognize.

6 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

^ The techo's wig/entire new outfit is literally just Medusa's look from ABC's new Marvel show Inhumans. Her wig looks just as bad in the promo images. It seems like most of the recent pet day wearables are just directly copied from movies/tv/comics. For example: Kyrii is Aquaman, Grundo is Shrek, Kau was Suicide Squad's Harley Quinn, and Peophin is Wonder Woman. And those are just the ones I recognize.

I don't know the show Inhumans.  I hope their Medusa isn't supposed to be like actual Medusa, if their hair looks like the Techo wig, because that would be the worst Medusa hair ever.  Doesn't look like snakes at all.

Yes, as someone else pointed out recently, I think in regards to the dearth of male clothing... Just because they are artists doesn't mean they are fashion designers.  They are only designing what they see in the real world, and because those movies/tv/comics are popular, they figure people will like the outfits, even if just to RP those characters.  I wonder also what the demographics of their graphic designers, programmers, staff in general, and more specifically staff with the power to give/reject suggestions, are. That might also influence what kind of clothing they are making.  Also, just the typical stereotyping of who will buy what, based on the demographics, perceived demographics, or goal demographics of the Neopian userbase are.

I can't decide which dress I'd like better, the one in the icon, or the one on the model.  I don't have a Techo, so it doesn't really matter.  I think I like the one on the model better.  The other one looks much fancier, and I feel like too many of the outfit options are super fancy dresses, not enough nice but somewhat casual daytime outfits.

52 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I don't know the show Inhumans.  I hope their Medusa isn't supposed to be like actual Medusa, if their hair looks like the Techo wig, because that would be the worst Medusa hair ever.  Doesn't look like snakes at all.

Yes, as someone else pointed out recently, I think in regards to the dearth of male clothing... Just because they are artists doesn't mean they are fashion designers.  They are only designing what they see in the real world, and because those movies/tv/comics are popular, they figure people will like the outfits, even if just to RP those characters.  I wonder also what the demographics of their graphic designers, programmers, staff in general, and more specifically staff with the power to give/reject suggestions, are. That might also influence what kind of clothing they are making.  Also, just the typical stereotyping of who will buy what, based on the demographics, perceived demographics, or goal demographics of the Neopian userbase are.

I can't decide which dress I'd like better, the one in the icon, or the one on the model.  I don't have a Techo, so it doesn't really matter.  I think I like the one on the model better.  The other one looks much fancier, and I feel like too many of the outfit options are super fancy dresses, not enough nice but somewhat casual daytime outfits.

She's a comic book character. Here's a gallery of the show's posters.

I LOVE BOTH COLORS !! The Chocolate has nice subtle markings and the marble looks like a real marble !!!

this is the new dress Gorgonesque Techo Dress it's called Gorgonesque Techo Dress

this Techo Fancy Dress is an old dress called Techo Fancy Dress (i recognized it right away cuz i have it in my music gallery 

(This dress is great for a day out or dancing the night away.)

Whoot! Pretty colours! Marble has a great texture: it looks very glasslike and see-through, which is pretty.  Again on the chocolate, those textures! Droopy chocolate sauce on the shoulders, choclate nibs on the nose, and also droopy white chocolate glaze. Even the cherry looks real. 

The outfit: a warlock theme is a nice idea BUT its hair is just weirdly placed. Also, the dress is boring; shaped like a potato sack and the colours don't match the colours of the other pieces. The shoes are ridiculously large (ok Techo do have large feet, I know). The shoulderpiece is cool though. But from the InHuman theme, I'd rather have seen them modeling the techo outfit from Crystals garment:

X9k2crC.jpg