Voting errors in The Runway #44

deboratibi

Are you getting errors when trying to vote?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting errors when trying to vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

It has come to my attention that some people are unable to vote on The Runway's voting topic due to an error. We're trying to figure out what's going on, so if you're seeing this, please try to vote on the poll above and let me know what happens.

Thanks,
Deb

I voted fine on both this topic and the voting topic. Hopefully we can narrow down what's going on.

I was able to vote here too and on the Battleground of the Obelisk topic, but at least 4 different users reported having this problem :sad:

To anyone else reading: are you able to reply to topics that have a poll in them (like this one)? I wanted to know if the fact that no one replied to the voting topic and so far only Dawn replied here might have anything to do with it, or if it's a coincidence.

I have looked through all the settings and permissions and nothing has been changed that I can see. All user groups have the same posting/reading permissions as before.

If you are unable to post/reply to polls please tell me when this started happening and what exactly is said when you try (screenshots, error code numbers, site theme etc) so we can try to track this issue down.

I voted fine here, obelisk and runway.  I hadn't responded to runway, because I was one of the first people to vote, so I figured the issue might have started after I voted, also the vote is public, so I figured you could look at it and see that I'd voted.

I am using the default theme so that I can see reactions.  I could see the voting issue being an issue with upgrade/theme compatibility..

Also, Chrome, Chromebook.

I haven't voted yet and am currently using the default theme as well, but I'll switch to the custom theme and try voting that way, to see what happens.

Edit: I'm not sure if I've gone blind/insane/missed a post on this, but when I scroll down to the bottom of the forum to find the 'theme' button, so I can switch to a custom theme, it's... not there.

(I'm adding a screenshot, because it's pretty late here and I've had a long day, and it's entirely possible I'm simply not seeing it, or that I'm looking in the wrong place.)

TDN_forum_footer.jpg

8 hours ago, Nielo said:

I haven't voted yet and am currently using the default theme as well, but I'll switch to the custom theme and try voting that way, to see what happens.

Edit: I'm not sure if I've gone blind/insane/missed a post on this, but when I scroll down to the bottom of the forum to find the 'theme' button, so I can switch to a custom theme, it's... not there.

(I'm adding a screenshot, because it's pretty late here and I've had a long day, and it's entirely possible I'm simply not seeing it, or that I'm looking in the wrong place.)

TDN_forum_footer.jpg

It should be to the left of the Contact Us. Maybe try logging out and back in?

Disregard! Hrtbrk solved it below! :D

@Nielo Since the previous theme no longer functions with this version of the forum, I have removed it. It was what was causing some users to not view certain threads or be able to vote in polls.

As such, users will no longer see the Theme button as no other themes are available to select. Everyone should now be using the blue default theme.. by default :P

7 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

@Nielo Since the previous theme no longer functions with this version of the forum, I have removed it. It was what was causing some users to not view certain threads or be able to vote in polls.

As such, users will no longer see the Theme button as no other themes are available to select. Everyone should now be using the blue default theme.. by default :P

Thanks, that makes sense. (It's good to know I haven't gone insane. :wink:)