Faerie Festival - For Real, This Year?!

Scoobert_Doo

Unfortunately, I didn't copy all of the dialogue, but if you visit Faerieland, you will see dialogue from Queen Fyora, calling for assistance from her faeries. She would like to have an actual Faerie Festival, this year! According to the Neo calendar, this years Faerie Festival is supposed to be on the 20th, of this month (September). This is exciting! If anyone happens to see the dialogue, please add it to this topic. In my time on Neopets, I've never "attended" the Faerie Festival. Like other days, it is usually just a theme day, with no actual events. I wonder what events will be planned? Can't wait to find out!

Hmmmm, I am thinking since the new takeover, they may be trying to improve the site (could it be?:lmaosmiley:).  We shall see if it actually comes to fruition.  Stay tuned.

I can't remember what used to happen during the faerie festival before the Fall of Faerieland.  Since then, there's just be the quest event to help with rebuilding efforts.  I wonder if this means we WON'T get the faerie quest event.  I guess usually you also get full healing from the springs during the festival.

The official description of the faerie festival is that the faeries are extra generous that day.  Which I think would have meant faerie quests?

I think so, because Scrappy said the plot will be in November.  I think she's said that there would be other small site events returning.

Hmm, a couple of editorials ago:

Dear Fyora, I am a faerie fan, so pardon all the questions: what do the faeries of Neopia do on an average day? Does Illusen stay in Meridell, or does she visit Faerieland? And can there be a faerie plot?
Fyora: Wow, lovely question! It's hard to state a typical day, as they are constantly changing. I spend most of my time looking over Faerieland, repairing and building where I can, and running my shop in the Hidden Tower. 
Oh my dear Illusen, I miss her when she is gone but she visits often. She looks after Meridell so she cannot leave too often but it is always a pleasure when she does! 
As for your last question, I sure hope not! I don't think Faerieland needs anymore mischief! Although, we do have something quite special coming up... (Don't tell Scrappy, I might've forgotten to tell her...)
Xarthab: What's special? A party? A battle? A take over of Neopia?! Can I be apart of it? *Fyora walks away, Xarthab chases after her as his voice gets quieter in the distance* Wait Fyora..I want to be apart of the take over!

Hi Your Majesty Fyora! *bows in devotion* I was wondering.. it's been a while since the fall of our beloved Faerieland, do you think the faeries; after working so hard and sending neopians on quests; are finally able to work some magic to revamp and put Faerieland back in the clouds? ~joslucca3000
Fyora: I sure hope so. I am so grateful for the amazing Neopians and how many quests all of you go on! We are so close and I know if we just keep trying and don't give up then one day we will restore our rightful place in the sky! 
Xarthab: Yeah that must be rough...falling out of the sky, like WOW. That's a longggg fall...

So, it would seem they are considering redesigning faerieland again to put it back in the clouds?  But not as part of the plot, so maybe as part of the faerie festival?

32 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

could we actually get a.....gulp......nice new shiny avatar? :dance:

:O I didn't think of that! I was focusing on wearables.

MMMM...avatars!

Ok, now that I try to look back at the faerie festival and such, I see that the Faerie's Ruin was JUST after the faerie festival, with the faeries being turned to stone at the festival.  But, it would be silly of them to start another plot by bringing back an event for the first time since it was the start of a plot, right?  Because then it would set precedent

Have they done anything with the Darkest Faerie statue that was lost when Faerieland was destroyed?

48 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Sure looks like it! And images of a new faerie have already been found.

I'M SO EXCITED GUYS!

Wait, what?! You found images of a new Faerie, but you haven't posted them, here, or anywhere on TDN? I call foul! Oh, maybe you didn't want to ruin the surprise for us? Someone's got some splainin' to do...

25 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Ok, now that I try to look back at the faerie festival and such, I see that the Faerie's Ruin was JUST after the faerie festival, with the faeries being turned to stone at the festival.  But, it would be silly of them to start another plot by bringing back an event for the first time since it was the start of a plot, right?  Because then it would set precedent

Have they done anything with the Darkest Faerie statue that was lost when Faerieland was destroyed?

I don't think it will be a plot, as Scrappy already hinted to a plot in November. But, JS does manage to surprise, once in a while. This could be a simple week long event, one day affair, or maybe even a lead in to the up coming plot. Right now, no one knows, but they are doing something, so that makes me excited. And, who can say no to possible freebies or event or even a new avatar?! I think it is fun to speculate.

Does anyone have the exact text of Scrappy's response indicating November?  From what I heard, she said "between collecting and celebrating" and then came back and indicated that she was giving a hint as to the timing of the event.  Well, the faerie festival is being celebrated, and might go into the first few days of collecting, from the historical info I could find.

If it is in November, I wonder if it would have something to do with Neopet's birthday?

28 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Does anyone have the exact text of Scrappy's response indicating November?  From what I heard, she said "between collecting and celebrating" and then came back and indicated that she was giving a hint as to the timing of the event.  Well, the faerie festival is being celebrated, and might go into the first few days of collecting, from the historical info I could find.

If it is in November, I wonder if it would have something to do with Neopet's birthday?

The Neopets month of Collecting is our month of October. Neopets month of Celebrating is our month of December. Between collecting (October) and celebrating (December) is the Neopian month of Storing, our month of November. That is why most are guessing the plot will be in November. The Faerie Festival is usually in the month of Gathering, our month of September. Anyhow, here is Scrappy's response:

Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 791, 28th day of Swimming, Y19 (http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=791), Question # 8:

"(hands Scrappy a double cheeseburger with all the trimmings and a root beer float) Thought you might like something more filling than sweets :). Anymore hints on upcoming plot? Even the tiniest morsel would be deeply appreciated sweetie! Pretty, pretty please (slips double chocolate peanut butter cup to her under the table)?~keeper_of_the_dunes"

"A burger, for me? Aw, I couldn't accept this... *scarfs burger in one bite* well anyways. Hm, all I have to say is between collecting all the awesome new stuff and celebrating the awesomeness of it. You guys will surely be happy!"

Kinda vague, like most Neo hints.

Please excuse me as I FALL OFF MY CHAIR!!:whaa:

After being brought back to consciousness...

This is so exciting! I was expecting another lame news post like they usually have with maybe a daily quest event. But this is so MUCH BETTER! :happydance::dance:

Today's Neopian Times Editorial has your official invitation to this year's Faerie Festival! It starts on 20 September 2017. Take a look:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=797

I wonder how long it will last?!

Our new faerie is gorgeous! I can't wait for her to make her debut! I love the name and style! She looks like she's from Shenkuu. :D:heart:

I think Alice Kaia is a new favourite character before she's even made her debut, people have been linking to her image on the site events boards and everyone's reacted positively to her. She looks cool and she definitely has a Shenkuu vibe going on, doesn't she, I like her a lot! :D

I wonder how much Neo's activity has gone up by already, lol. This event couldn't be better timed really, could it, a large increase in activity - I predict way more than the AC brought in because this is something new (hope the servers can handle it!) - will be very encouraging to Neo's new grandparent company, particularly if it brings an equally large increase in revenue OFC!

I'm mildly eye-rolly at people thinking this is happening because of NetDragon, this kind of stuff's gonna take months to put together, isn't it, so will have been in the works for some time before JS was bought.

But seriously WEDNESDAY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!!! :happydance:

Oh, and like @crystolm I too wonder what Alice Kaia will be the faerie of. Maybe she'll be the forerunner of a new kind of faerie? Like regional ones for each part of Neopia?

14 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Today's Neopian Times Editorial has your official invitation to this year's Faerie Festival! It starts on 20 September 2017. Take a look:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=797

I wonder how long it will last?!

Also if you read further down the editorial it also says we are getting another pet spot!!!!!!!!   Exciting things are finally happening!