Faerie Festival - For Real, This Year?!

Scoobert_Doo

20 minutes ago, crystolm said:

Also if you read further down the editorial it also says we are getting another pet spot!!!!!!!!   Exciting things are finally happening!

Wait, WHAT!?

That'll teach me for not reading all of it!

*does so now* :ph34r:

I DID read how they're still working on an alternative to the annoying Captcha stuff for lookups, which is GREAT.

Aha, found it!

Anyways, that pet slot...hm. Well, I would start brainstorming ideas for your next pet if I were you (both premium and non-premium)....but that's just me.

That certainly seems like it's definitely happening, doesn't it! I wonder when...

On 9/15/2017 at 11:43 PM, hrtbrk said:

I don't know if people want spoilers or not but meet Alice Kaia!

They mention Kaia in the pop-up dialogue today! Something about her not participating in the FF as all the student vacancies are filled. Maybe they're finally launching the school?

16 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

They mention Kaia in the pop-up dialogue today! Something about her not participating in the FF as all the student vacancies are filled. Maybe they're finally launching the school?

Ooh, so that's a ref to something I don't know about then, so what's the story about a school?

I wondered on the boards why they called the new girl Kaia rather than Alice, and someone said Alice is probably the name of the artist who drew her, lol, and that's why that name was first in the file name, which makes sense to me! The faeries so far don't have first and last names, do they.

I'm feeling more strongly now that this event may act as a lead into the November plot. Though I suppose really, I'm just hoping it does because that would be a nice tidy way of doing things, and show JS as being more professional and organised than they've managed so far. So wishful thinking on my part, maybe? :ph34r:

Several years ago there was supposed to be a neopets school. That's where we get these now basically useless school items such as pencil cases, sharpeners, notebooks etc that you can't really do anything with other than look at them. I don't know why the idea was shelved though but the school just never happened. 

4 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Several years ago there was supposed to be a neopets school. That's where we get these now basically useless school items such as pencil cases, sharpeners, notebooks etc that you can't really do anything with other than look at them. I don't know why the idea was shelved though but the school just never happened. 

Hmm!!! Interesting! It really is going to be interesting to see what direction they go in with this event, and the following plot, isn't it...so many areas that COULD be expanded upon, which are they gonna pick! Or will it be something completely new...

If things continue as they have been we'll hopefully be getting a bit more dialogue each day until Wednesday, so we'll have had more hints and clues to guess about! :D

I'm still feeling anxious on TNT's behalf because of the HUGE expectations. A significant percentage are gonna be vociferously complaining on the boards, no matter what happens, aren't they, just because things haven't been done the way they wanted, but hopefully the happy people make their feelings just as evident so TNT don't want to just give up and go home. >_<

They get blasted daily on the Facebook page. That ad they had for premium ... wow! I was really considering premium and I would have taken a year too but after scrolling through that thread,,, I changed my mind. So I hope that whatever they come with, makes the majority happy because right now, we're all very excited at something new hopefully happening. It's been so long since we had something we could rally around!

24 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

They get blasted daily on the Facebook page. That ad they had for premium ... wow! I was really considering premium and I would have taken a year too but after scrolling through that thread,,, I changed my mind. So I hope that whatever they come with, makes the majority happy because right now, we're all very excited at something new hopefully happening. It's been so long since we had something we could rally around!

Is the main problem the fact that people complain loudly when something's gone wrong, but tend to not say anything when stuff's just fine. So the people who post on the Facebook page are probably a minority of the users, but because no-one posts saying anything positive it just looks really bad?

I don't use Facebook myself so I've not looked on there, I don't want to if it's just a load of vitriol. >_<

The fact that something new is happening has got to mean that there's a whole lot more positivity around Neopia than normal right now though, I just hope the event goes well enough for that to continue afterwards!

Well it's a lot of complaints about tickets not being addressed, people locked out of accounts and problems with premium... payment being taken when they shouldn't have and no refunds... that's most of it. There are people that post positive things too but it was like an angry hornet's nest on the premium sale ad. I can't blame them though. It's not now Neo has a bad rep when it comes to customer service. It could be because of short staffing and if that's the case then JS should really address that. Even if it's to hire some people on a short term basis just to clear up the backlog. Especially for premium users who actually spend real money on the site. I mean, they even faced a law suit over that so I'd think it would be important enough to attempt to adequately address. 

If Scrappy's getting an assistant then JS are hopefully increasing the staff as a whole. Finger's crossed on that one!

Tickets not being addressed has ALWAYS been a problem though, hasn't it? For the whole of Neo's existence. >_<

On 9/17/2017 at 8:12 PM, hrtbrk said:

We're all excited about the Faerie Festival so let's try to keep the topic on track of that, please :)

Yes ma'am! *salutes*

I checked out Faerieland just now hoping for more dialogue, but it's the same as yesterday's. Maybe it was overly wishful thinking on my part hoping that would update every day until the event starts, lol. :laugh:

I'm tentatively wondering about collecting items for Yuiina, because I'm afraid she's so very busy that she won't have time to participate. But until the event starts I won't know if this is a viable option or not. :^/

On 9/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, balloongal247 said:

Some have wondered why the image is alice_kaia... I wonder if instead of two angles of the same being, it's twins?  Especially since they are mirrored, rather than if she'd turned her head...

It's a compelling idea, isn't it?

It probably is just flipped so it can go either side of dialogue, but in my head it's Alice and Kaia, good :angel: and ebil :evil: twin and I'm sticking to it! :laughingsmiley:

I was actually thinking the same thing, but Alice doesn't really seem like a Neopian name. Hard to say until she makes her debut. I'm on my toes excited right now! I love Faeries!

I'm really keen to find out what kind of faerie Kaia is, or wants to be I guess, if she's a student?

I think I'm not alone in expecting her to be something a little different because of what you can see of her outfit.

I thought it sounded more like she was a teacher/headmaster, when they said all the student slots were filled.  Because that would be more work for the adults in the school than for an individual student.

Ok, I guess the fire/light faerie images are just mirrored for either side of the dialogue, not actually either side of their face either.  So I guess it's probably just one faerie.

Update 9/19:

There's new dialogue up today, with Kaia, and a neopedia article for her.

Ooh!! *scoots off to read*

Interesting!!

Alrighty so what do I surmise from this...a school of some kind is definitely likely? Hard to guess as a faerie academy and a school for pets isn't the same at all.

That the people of Shenkuu are of the "you're not from round here, are you" *waves pitchfork* kind of person. All kinds of wrong to imply that, especially about enlightened zen masters and so on.

Kaia hatched from an egg, how else can she be the only faerie in Shenkuu? Hopefully we'll get more back story on her.

296_kaiainfaerieland.png This image...

So like any bunch of snarky elitist high school white privilege princesses, right? Fyora singling Kaia out for special treatment's not gonna improve their attitude towards her any. The fire faerie second from left's definitely the ringleader of this group of biznatches.

I wonder who or what Reizo is and if we'll ever find out.

Whoever wrote this is British because they used the term "sniggers" rather than snickers, lol. Unless they're just going for continuity.

I was getting all fired up for tomorrow, like OMG!!! IT'S STARTING TOMORROW, YOU GUYS!!! :lmaosmiley:

Then I realised it's probably going to not start until pretty late in the day for me as I'm 8 hours ahead of NST (jelly's from the future b)) and that there should be the day and a half start thing, shouldn't there. So I might as well stay in bed 'til lunchtime tomorrow. :ph34r:

Yeah, unless the new owners notice that the news is designed to be posted the night before, because JS certainly never grasped that, so their stuff is always late.  You would have thought the backlash from the year they accidentally released a bomb item on 9/11 would have gotten them to remember the news is set for the day after the date on their side (on their side it says the actual day it's posted).  But no, they still do EVERYTHING a day late.

20 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

But no, they still do EVERYTHING a day late.

It's like @deboratibi said, they MEAN well...:rolleyes: Bless 'em. All the things I've said about hoping this Faerie Festival goes well is basically me hoping to avert disaster, because I'm TOTALLY expecting some kind of hot mess during the proceedings. >_<

Something not at all necessary but very nice has been done though, look!

springs3.gif

The Water Faerie says a few magical words and...

In celebration of the Faerie Festival, all your Neopets have their health completely restored!!!

That happens every year on 9/20.  It's a conditional in the code from way year's past, not something they manually do when they release the news.  Much like the free training. So we get it today, but they'll tell us about it "tomorrow".

20 minutes ago, crystolm said:

Where do I find the faerie festival?

It's here http://www.neopets.com/faeriefestival/ hope you can contain your excitement!  /sarcasm

Yeah, so far so underwhelming.  Kaia is the only one who actually put any effort into it, everyone else was just like "yeah, I'll stay open".  Apparently I did well my first try?  They didn't really explain the concept, so I'm not sure what I was doing.