Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
deboratibi

Caption Contest Rejection Club

I have a long history of not being chosen for the Caption Contest, so I decided it would be nice to make a topic for fellow rejectees to vent and share their captions. We don't need TNT/JumpStaff's stinkin' approval! *blows raspberry* Just kidding, of course we do. *sobs*

caption_1402.gif

How many of you sent in captions this round? I did, and pretty much all of my jokes were done by other people, in one way or another.

Bruce: Why isn't this working? I'm still Pink!
Kacheek: Sir, I'm afraid this isn't how you turn yourself into a Chocolate pet...
Meercas: *snickers*
(mandatory "turning into chocolate" joke)

Meercas: ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
(I kinda would have hated to be chosen for this one, but alas, this exact joke is there anyway)

Bruce: Milk chocolate? Seriously? I said 90% cacao, guys.
(I think this is my least unoriginal one, but still, a variation of this was also done)

Bruce: Ugh, whose idea was it to leave the pinata out in the sun? Look at me, I'm covered in chocolate now!
Kacheek: And this is an issue, because...?
(bleh)

Just to be clear, the point of this topic isn't to be seriously bitter about not being chosen, it's all in good fun! We'll make it in someday. :glasses:

i didnt save any of the captions i sent .. but im afraid the level of the chosen captions is really low .. ure are much funnier

i used to get in regularly before the CC hiatus ... bcz the old TNT got my sense my humor 

On 9/16/2017 at 10:22 AM, acorah said:

Deb, I thought your captions were great!

I thought they were great too! Silly TNT/JS-maybe their switch switched out their sense of humor?:confused: :laugh:

On 9/15/2017 at 9:09 PM, Angeló said:

i used to get in regularly before the CC hiatus ... bcz the old TNT got my sense my humor 

Really, you won at CC back in the day? I mean it as, of course you're funny Angelo, I am just amazed if ANYONE I know can win at this game.

And now for my pathetic attempts...

caption_1402.gif 

Pink Bruce: I said I wanted to be CANDY! Not Chocolate! This is NOT cool!

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Really, you won at CC back in the day? I mean it as, of course you're funny Angelo, I am just amazed if ANYONE I know can win at this game.

yes i have 3 Gold Trophies .. i placed 3rd once an 4th twice .. and several other times i placed around 9th - 12th ...

http://www.neopets.com/~alsou

here's a petpage with my CC entries 

(i''ll move the first few ones from the greedy photobucket to imgur soon)

Thanks guys! You know, I don't mind so much the captions that were chosen, for what they are... Because I can't do a lot better than that, so at least I feel like there's hope for me, lol. What bothers me the most is how they choose captions that are basically the same joke. There are two captions about the Bruce preferring vanilla... They could have chosen my 90% cacao joke (or midnight's Candy joke), because then while it's essentially still the same idea behind the vanilla ones, at least it's a different flavour xD

@Angeló Your captions are great! This one's my favourite:

XwNSEJe.png

ROFL lol.gif

XwNSEJe.png I remember that one! I don't think I was a TDN member at that time, I just loved submitting captions and was hoping one day...and then we got stuck on....OH! They won't show us the Usul skiing downhill with the Snowager coming down after her? Hmmm:whaa::hmmph::whistle:

Anyway, Angelo & Deb, you both crack me up! :thumbsup::lmaosmiley:

GUYS, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS! I didn't get in again... rofl

caption_1403.gif

I didn't like this month's image too much, so it was hard for me to think of something... But I forced myself a bit and managed to submit these two:

Tombola Guy [dancing]: STOP! TIKI TIME!

Blumaroo: I'm taking over the Tiki Tack Tombola, and there's nothing you can do about it! *evil laughter*
Tombola Guy: FINALLY!!! RETIREMENT, HERE I COME!

*re-reads captions*

:eh: 

Ok, maybe I'm glad I didn't make it in. lol

6 hours ago, deboratibi said:

GUYS, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS! I didn't get in again... rofl

caption_1403.gif

I didn't like this month's image too much, so it was hard for me to think of something... But I forced myself a bit and managed to submit these two:

Tombola Guy [dancing]: STOP! TIKI TIME!

Blumaroo: I'm taking over the Tiki Tack Tombola, and there's nothing you can do about it! *evil laughter*
Tombola Guy: FINALLY!!! RETIREMENT, HERE I COME!

*re-reads captions*

:eh: 

Ok, maybe I'm glad I didn't make it in. lol

the second one was funny and could've easily got in ... 

don't give up :) there's always next month 

Hey there! 

First and foremost...DON'T GIVE UP!!!

I've been a regular CC submitter for a long while...while I have wins, I have way more losses!

They get TONS of entries...so many that I have NEVER been convinced that they all get read. As such, it just comes down to WHEN you entered your submission and what 'chunk' of submissions the judge(s) decides to read through.

When it comes to submitting captions, I try to mix it up. I've not yet come across any sort of 'best time' to enter (and I'm really bad about remembering WHEN I have entered any particular caption), but spreading your submissions out might help?

There are always going to be great captions missed (and, the other side of the coin, captions that 'we' may not find that funny will always make it in). Don't take it as personal offense, though, it is probably more about the timing than about the caption.

So, yah, I will close as I started...

DON'T GIVE UP!!

(and good luck!)

:P

@fullonparanoid Thanks for the advice! You know, I did start to wonder lately if it had more to do with timing. Because last month they accepted captions that were similar to all the ones I sent in. I know you said you haven't figured out a best time, but how would you go about "spreading" them out? Over hours on the day it was released, or over days? Also, if you only have 3 or 4 captions, do you submit them more than once? I once asked a question about the CC in the editorial and they said that you could send in as many captions as you like, but if you sent in the same ones too many times this might annoy the judge. So I always submit mine just once... But maybe I should try sending them in a few more times (but being careful not to spam)? And spreading them out, like you said.

You are most welcome, Deb! I want folks to enjoy the CC so that it sticks around and is not put out to pasture again! :D

I try to put in a couple a day from the day the image is posted until captions are up for voting. Of late, this means I have run out of 'good ideas' LONG before the captions go up. /grin

Rather than putting in the same caption more than once...try re-wording it. Or presenting it from the viewpoint of another of the 'characters' in the image. That way it is still the same idea but NOT a duplicate that might 'annoy' any of the judges.

The only other 'bit' of advice I can think of is to try to come up with captions for EACH of the characters in the image. That way, IF they base their decisions in part on how many captions from each character you are covered (and it is TOTALLY an 'if'...I have NO clue if they do so).

Good luck! and...most importantly...HAVE FUN!!

:P

i agree with Josh 

my caption that was chosen this time was the first one i submitted .. about a day after the image was up ..

i submitted about 20 other ones over the next few days (i always do a bunch of 5's) ... but they probably never got to reading them ... so if u have lots of ideas .. submit the ones u think are funniest first ... the problem is that i make them up over the week ... so sometimes my better ones come later and don't pick up .. either way SUBMIT whatever comes to your mind ...

6 hours ago, fullonparanoid said:

Rather than putting in the same caption more than once...try re-wording it. Or presenting it from the viewpoint of another of the 'characters' in the image. That way it is still the same idea but NOT a duplicate that might 'annoy' any of the judges.

The only other 'bit' of advice I can think of is to try to come up with captions for EACH of the characters in the image. That way, IF they base their decisions in part on how many captions from each character you are covered (and it is TOTALLY an 'if'...I have NO clue if they do so).

Brilliant!!! :biggrin: Seriously, thank you so much, again! I'm feeling a lot more hopeful!

@Angeló I remember when they brought back the CC, some people were saying that everyone that got in that round sent in their captions within a certain time frame... Which was pretty much right after the image was posted. I think I need to keep better track of when they post the new contest... Every time since the CC came back, I only found out about the current round several hours later. How do I know when the next one is coming up? I know now we have them once a month, but are they posted on a specific date? I'm not always online at news time, so I'd like to set an alarm for this. lol

it used to be on Tuesdays ... im not sure now .. i just keep stalking the CC page until i see the new one .. it's a monthly competition now so around 12th-15th of each month