hello!

kirschteins

Jelly, I think there's a notification option to automatically follow threads you post in?

I just keep it up and refresh pretty often and read everything.  Sometimes I have to refresh to see the notifications, sometimes I think it refreshes itself enough to pull them (that may be a theme issue)

YES, I really wish that we could gift the gift boxes, even if it was such that we'd put a box within a box and only be able to gift half.  Get them out of the way of those of us who don't really do NC stuff, and give them to friends who trade or generously gift NC a lot.

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Jelly, I think there's a notification option to automatically follow threads you post in?

I'm pretty sure you're right about that, and I'm also pretty sure my brain blanks on it completely every time. :rolleyes: Maybe one day though!

I had a look on JN at what the super-shiny OMG amazing bonus item out of the pirate chest capsule is...it's a...pirate themed gift box :mellow:

What a let down! I thought it would be a really nice background or something! Is the bonus item generally another box?

https://www.tdnforums.com/notifications/options/

On that link there's an option to automatically follow every topic you post, and one to auto follow every topic you reply to.  If you always want notifications, or more often than not, you should go click those, and then you won't have to remember every time.

5 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

https://www.tdnforums.com/notifications/options/

On that link there's an option to automatically follow every topic you post, and one to auto follow every topic you reply to.  If you always want notifications, or more often than not, you should go click those, and then you won't have to remember every time.

Thanks! I have seen that before I know, but I tend to have to read this kind of thing over and over before I truly understand what it's saying.

I now see that my settings would explain why, on the rare occasions when I manage to check my email, there's sporadic emails telling me Deb has replied to something I said, I've never been able to understand why I was getting those! :laugh:

I think I was confused by the notification options, I've turned them off now. I was afraid doing that would mean I got none on here, but it says "don't send me any" so hopefully I've not just pitched myself into limbo on here! :ph34r:

There are two sections of notification options. The top part is for automatically followed notifications, like if you want it to let you know when someone replies to a board you created.  You can set those to do notifications on here or emails.  

Below that is another section, where you can choose types of notifications you want, and whether you want them just on here, or emailed or both.  Those would include the notifications when someone quotes or tags you, or gives "gives reputation" (reacts) to your post.

I have the top part set to not send me notifications.  The bottom section is set to all give me notifications, but not emails (except message, which gives update in the message icon, not the notifications)

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So the boxes Trudy gives out really are very useful then? A truly thoughtful and considerate thing that JS did?

Weird, right? Useful freebies???

Congratulations! Your gift has been delivered to yantato. You will receive a Neomail updating you on the status of your gift within 48 hours. Thank you.

Thanks for the trade! :biggrin:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I had a look on JN at what the super-shiny OMG amazing bonus item out of the pirate chest capsule is...it's a...pirate themed gift box :mellow:

What a let down! I thought it would be a really nice background or something! Is the bonus item generally another box?

I missed this, but in the Gift Box Capsules, yes, it's always a themed box. Some people collect them!
In other capsules the bonus items are usually cooler, like the Autumn Moon Mystery Capsule can give you a cool BG or a silver necklace, and i think a wig is the third one, but I haven't gotten that one. I like the BG best though =)

I'm glad you like it!!! <3
It looks super cute on your Kacheek!

Also @balloongal247, you wanted that wig on your account linked from here, right?
I found it in a 2:1 with an item I really wanted! :D I sent my gift box already, so I'm just waiting for the other trader to get back online =) So let me know, and I'll send it as soon as I get it!