Faerie Festival Is Here!

hrtbrk

I was so looking forward to this event.

I am so underwhelmed by this event :sad:

Wing It doesn't work on firefox for me, I just get a black screen, it worked on chrome but I totally failed at it, lol.

I'm hoping the "special quests" Fyora mentioned actually happen, it's just a (non-working) hub to the already existing quests right now, isn't it..

I could feed my main pet from the Soup Faerie as he was only very full rather than bloated, lol. I didn't think you could feed pets while they're in the Lodge, but maybe this event is over-riding that?

i won 200NP from the Wing It game 

impressive much o_O not even an item ...

seems to me NC is the main part of this event

I could feed my main pet from the Soup Faerie as he was only very full rather than bloated, lol. I didn't think you could feed pets while they're in the Lodge, but maybe this event is over-riding that?

For the Festival, The Soup Kitchen has received extra dontations and will help regardless of your prosperity. Bring your hungry pet forward and let it eat to its heart's content. :)

I don't think pets can get hungry while in the Lodge, your pet might have checked out.

I played Wing-it with my computer muted, and somehow did well, even though I totally don't understand how you are supposed to know where it might be if the cutout is moving.  Does it stop moving when you get blindfolded?  Do the sparkles change?  Was there sound saying you were getting closer?

While I wasn't actually expecting much from this festival, even I'd expected a little more.

As for Wing-it, I won 250 np, but I have no idea how. After 'putting on the blindfold', I just retraced the shape the faerie had been making before with my cursor, and somehow she ended up wearing the wings.

38 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I don't think pets can get hungry while in the Lodge, your pet might have checked out.

Their fullness drops by a level at some point during the day, between meals I guess! When I say it drops I mean it goes from bloated just down to very full, lol. At least it does with my BD pet...maybe fighting burns off some calories? xD

It goes back up again later, so seeing as I snuck that soup faerie feed in, he's probably going to end up very bloated now. :laugh:

I should know this after more than ten years on Neopets, but can you play the Faerie Festival on side accounts? I'm only thinking about the faerie quest part.

No, they are only the normal faerie quests you can always get and can never get on sides.  Also, even the faerie quest event cannot be done on sides.  All of the screens have the standard disclaimer that you are not to play with multiple accounts.

12 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I should know this after more than ten years on Neopets, but can you play the Faerie Festival on side accounts? I'm only thinking about the faerie quest part.

You absolutely cannot do any part of the Faerie Festival on side accounts that involves earning neopoints, an item or a reward like a quest. The NC event is the only possible exception to this as you're spending real-life money to get the items from the event, which is allowed. To double check on the NC portion, read the FAQ.

Ninja'd by @balloongal247 :laugh:

Even the NC portion could be considered cheating, as you are doing something that you are only allowed to do once multiple times, which you would then either trade for other things, or not trade for additional ones.  It was in the editorial that doing some NC things are not allowed on side, basically I think you can do stuff if it's just free stuff, but you can't buy NC on sides.

i love how Illusen is sitting cross-legged and giving out ... quests ? advice ? stuff ? idk !!

and I just got my first random Faerie Quest

A Water Faerie sniffs and says, "You probably won't help, but I need The Lost Kau for my studies. I can't tell you why."

For your efforts, darkinvention's defence has increased!

So, um, well, uh... I guess I'll be "that guy". Here is my reaction:

200.gif#14-grid1

Feeling like @jellysundae - so excited, but a bit disappointed. The new game, "Wing It", is challenging. It's like playing "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", er, "Pin the Wings on the Faerie", but on a computer, instead of RL. But, the Festival feels more like a "dailes" page for Faerieland. And where is Kaia and the Space Faerie on the main Faerie page? Jhudora, even, for that matter?! I am glad TNT/JS did something, but I thought it'd be a little more. My apologies for complaining.

EDIT: Forgot about the Grey Faerie and Delina. Where are they?

4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Even the NC portion could be considered cheating, as you are doing something that you are only allowed to do once multiple times, which you would then either trade for other things, or not trade for additional ones.  It was in the editorial that doing some NC things are not allowed on side, basically I think you can do stuff if it's just free stuff, but you can't buy NC on sides.

You are allowed to purchase NC on side accounts to participate in NC events so you can get items for that account etc. Events that you cannot participate in are ones that reward you with a Neopoint prize in the form of Neopoints or an item. For this event you are allowed to participate on your side accounts.

So Wing It is working on Firefox for me now, so that's good. Not that I had any more success at that today than I did yesterday :ph34r: Maybe by the end of things I'll have managed to win some NP at least? We shall see. >_<

I wonder how JS are reacting to the overwhelming level of MEH that this event has generated in Neopians...(I don't think it deserves full size letters) it really wouldn't have taken much more for most people to have been quite content with this, but no, JS drops the ball again. *sigh* There was me hoping this event would give them a chance to prove themselves, and I guess it has, lol...:rolleyes:

I think it's the quest thing that bugs me the most, they specify special quests to be had...there are none. "Linking" to the existing quests is just super lame, I quote that because it doesn't actually work for me, does it for anyone else? People on the boards are still hopeful of these special quests materialising later in the week, but if they're gonna be there they should have been available from the start or what's the point?

Seriously JS, MEH.

Wing It is a cute game, I'm not sure about it becoming a daily though, do you guys thinks that's likely? The items won from it will quickly become worthless if it does...

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

Wing It is a cute game, I'm not sure about it becoming a daily though, do you guys thinks that's likely? The items won from it will quickly become worthless if it does...

I definitely think it will be a daily....

But, yeah - agreed on the general lameness. Especially the quests. It would have been so easy to make that part better. 

I do enjoy the Soup Kitchen, though :) 

3 minutes ago, charelan said:

I definitely think it will be a daily....

But, yeah - agreed on the general lameness. Especially the quests. It would have been so easy to make that part better. 

I do enjoy the Soup Kitchen, though :) 

If it does become a daily then the difficulty to win anything makes sense, also I won't feel quite so disgruntled about the high likelihood of winning nothing during this event, lol.

I'm just really hoping that JS don't just get all self-righteously butthurt over people's reactions. That they can admit to themselves that people's dis-satisfaction isn't whiny self-entitlement but that this really is a damp squib half-assed effort at an event.

Like everyone, I was really, really disappointed by this so called event. The Wing It game is weird and unclear, somehow I managed to get 200np today, woohoo. I sure hope we'll at least get something worthwhile out of visiting every day. Was hoping for some actual Faerie Quests, but instead we're stuck with the existing ones. 

Super non exciting stuff so far.

25 minutes ago, LunaS said:

I sure hope we'll at least get something worthwhile out of visiting every day

Oh gosh, I'm really afraid that this will be something lame too :unsure:

I think at this point whatever attendance bonus is given is going to be the sole redeeming factor for this event and might quell the dull roar of disappointment that's enveloping Neopia right now.

Hopefully it will be something that satisfies most people though, the items so far are all pretty nice, so fingers crossed that final thing will be too.

Though I do see they're still up to their copy/pasta tricks with the decorating of the items rather than creating unique stuff. Makes a change that it's faeries rather than pets emblazoned on stuff I suppose, lol.

Also, I don't see ANY dark faeries.  Maybe they just aren't festive?

If I click on the words it links, but the pictures it doesn't. So, just lazy link coding.

I got a faerie pencil case from Wing It today.  It says I did "not bad" and when it lights up, it shows the wings on the faerie.... Did I actually get them on perfectly, or does it not actually show you how you did?  And thus it's probably a random game, not a skill based game?

I don't think I've gotten anything for visiting the faerie festival page.  I certainly didn't this morning, but if I didn't notice yesterday, it might still be considering this the same day, and they've just set Wing It up like a daily instead of an event activity, and so you can do it again?

Really?  They didn't even set the spring's full heal to last the duration of the faerie festival.

The Water Faerie says a few magical words and...

All of your Neopets gain fifteen hit points. I am getting better at this!! :)

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Really?  They didn't even set the spring's full heal to last the duration of the faerie festival.

Maybe they are punishing us for complaining! :laugh:

16 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Just so I'm clear: by going to the Faerie page, it doesn't give a free item each day, like some past events did?

Yeah, no daily item, it seeming like if we go every day we'll get a pat on the head come the end.