Faerie Festival Is Here!

hrtbrk

20 hours ago, Angeló said:

seems to me NC is the main part of this event

Except the NC prizes so far aren't even any good! I had a peek on JN and they're definitely not anything I would bother spending NC on. Maybe that's just me though. 

So far this "event" is a huge letdown.. but I don't really know what I was expecting to be honest. As for the Wing It game, I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong or I'm just unlucky. Do I follow the pattern only once, and wait for the game to register it? I've tried twice now and I swear I'm doing it right, but when the light turns on the wings and faerie statue(?) aren't where the pattern ended.

I won this from the Wing It Game today. I watched the pattern before I put on the blindfold. I put it on and clicked the spot where the faerie had stopped and I won. 

...And thats how the Hidden Tower came to be the queens abode. Now, how about the story of the Battle Faerie?
Faerie Fables

I watched the pattern before I put on the blindfold. I put it on and clicked the spot where the faerie had stopped and I won. 

What happened to the Daily Faerie Quests? Not the ones you can do any time like Illusen, Jhudora, and the Snow Faerie. The regular faerie quests.that improve your pets stats.

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

What happened to the Daily Faerie Quests? Not the ones you can do any time like Illusen, Jhudora, and the Snow Faerie. The regular faerie quests.that improve your pets stats.

They did not happen.  TJSNT made it sound like they would happen, and then they just put that icon for "quests" which just pops up poorly coded links to the anytime quests.

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

That is a different event - The Annual (Daily) Faerie Quest Event. It traditionally happens in February, which we already had this year. Here is TDN's topic from this year: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48117-daily-faerie-quests-2017/

3 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I won this from the Wing It Game today. I watched the pattern before I put on the blindfold. I put it on and clicked the spot where the faerie had stopped and I won. 

...And thats how the Hidden Tower came to be the queens abode. Now, how about the story of the Battle Faerie?
Faerie Fables

I watched the pattern before I put on the blindfold. I put it on and clicked the spot where the faerie had stopped and I won. 

That's what I did yesterday, and won the same book. But when I did the same thing today (basically traced the pattern with my finger) the faerie was in a totally different location than where the animation showed her stopping... and I didn't win a single thing.

I'm not quite sure I understand how this "game" works just yet.

I'm pretttttyyy sure I've already missed the attendance bonus, since I missed yesterday :c
So this may be a completely pointless event for me tbh. Though I guess I'll check to see the NC items every day, in case any of them are actually something I want.

I really hope this won't be a thing where I miss out on an avatar though....

1 hour ago, kirschteins said:

I'm pretttttyyy sure I've already missed the attendance bonus, since I missed yesterday :c
So this may be a completely pointless event for me tbh. Though I guess I'll check to see the NC items every day, in case any of them are actually something I want.

I really hope this won't be a thing where I miss out on an avatar though....

Day 1 may be the whole day and a half thing that they usually do to compensate for people being in different timezones, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. :D

Okay i am usually one for always being displeased with Neopets,

BUUT

No matter how half-done this event is, i mean, on the plus side, we actually do have something right?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but previous faerie festivals had nothing of of this sort. Or am i wrong?

Ah well. Wing it is terrible waste of my time and i can't wait for that stupid fountain faerie to visit me again

tenor.gif

According to JN's guide, Wing It works like Kiko Pop, meaning that no matter where you click, whether you win or not is gonna be random. So yeah, don't even bother trying to follow the pattern :P

To be honest I expected this event to turn out like this. Jumpstart has no resources and they either have no idea what they're doing or they simply don't care at this point. They are just trying to get a few bucks from the small handful of people who still play Neopets.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss Viacom.

@singittome Pretty much! I was expecting some kind of daily reward for visiting like they do for the Faerie Quest event in February, but nothing. Hopefully we can remember to visit everyday. I don't want to miss out on a bonus item for missing one lousy day. Hopefully it's a nice one this year. :D 

It seems people on the AC found an avatar for this event... I'll put the image behind spoiler tags, in case anyone doesn't want to see it yet:

faeriefestival.gif 
unsurprisingly hideous, lol

2 hours ago, singittome said:

How do we know if we visited the faerie festival everyday? Do you just have to guess?

Unfortunately there is no indicator for that, so you'll just have to hope you don't forget. I'd suggest everyone play the Wing It game everyday, because I'm not so sure if just visiting the festival page will be enough. I figure playing the game is a good way of "reinforcing" your attendance!

I too would like to know how to do spoilers tags, I wish there was a FAQs or similar in the help forum that explained how to do both spoilers, and the ping function, that would help a lot of people out. :wub_anim:

That avatar...lol

It's like...

hmm...

You know when you're using the shop wiz and you end up in a shop that's clearly long abandoned; you can tell it's long abandoned because it's decorated with 4926357 glittery animated doll gifs. The person who owned that shop? They're now making JS's avatars...:ph34r:

i don't think they did the 1 and a half day bcz i played the first day really late (around 8 pm NST) and yesterday i played at Midnight NST (after only 4 hrs) an it let me play so it counted as Day 1 and Day 2 ... 

\Won again today (Day 3) in the Wing It game .. honestly i just count 1 , 2 , 3 and click randomly 

A must-have case for all Faerieland Academy students.

Faerie Pencil Case

Just now, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure you can *lose* wing it.  The wings are always on the faerie, even if that wasn't actually where I clicked...

*waves hand in air*

You can, I got zip 2 days running. I've not been brave enough to try yet today. :blush02:

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

*waves hand in air*

You can, I got zip 2 days running. I've not been brave enough to try yet today. :blush02:

Oh.  Well, it's not much of a loss.  There are two decent wearables and a book that you *could* get.  *If* this doesn't become a daily, those might be valuable.  I highly doubt they would not make this a daily, since it's already made, and already coded to be a daily.  The NP prizes are barely in the range of the daily puzzle.  

Ah, right, I think there used to be a spoiler button when editing a post but it's gone now. So to put something behind spoiler tags, you do it like so:

[spoiler] Darth Vader is Luke's father *gasp* [/spoiler]

14 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

You know when you're using the shop wiz and you end up in a shop that's clearly long abandoned; you can tell it's long abandoned because it's decorated with 4926357 glittery animated doll gifs. The person who owned that shop? They're now making JS's avatars...:ph34r:

lol I think that type of person would actually make better avatars :mellow: jk. To be fair, I think Neopets avatars started to look worse way before JS took over. There are a few exceptions, but most of the avatars released in the past few years have that same shape and type of animation, and I hate it. This one's terrible even by the new avatar standards though... That border has no business being that thick, the images look grainy AND THEN THERE'S THAT WHITE LINE :angry:

18 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I highly doubt they would not make this a daily, since it's already made, and already coded to be a daily.

!!! Another example of a seriously obvious thing that I didn't pick up on, lol. Yeah you saying this does make it seem extremely unlikely that it won't become a daily.

2 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Ah, right, I think there used to be a spoiler button when editing a post but it's gone now. So to put something behind spoiler tags, you do it like so:

[spoiler] Darth Vader is Luke's father *gasp* [/spoiler]

lol I think that type of person would actually make better avatars :mellow: jk. To be fair, I think Neopets avatars started to look worse way before JS took over. There are a few exceptions, but most of the avatars released in the past few years have that same shape and type of animation, and I hate it. This one's terrible even by the new avatar standards though... That border has no business being that thick, the images look grainy AND THEN THERE'S THAT WHITE LINE :angry:

Lol that spoiler...lol.gif

The absolute perfect choice for something that doesn't need hiding from ANYONE. ON. THE. PLANET. any more. Well, apart from my mum, maybe?

Yeah a lot of the avatars are kind of fug, aren't they. I don't switch mine out much for that precise reason. From what I've seen, the best ones are the ones that are no longer available...