Faerie Festival Is Here!

hrtbrk

59 minutes ago, Hanso said:

the festival has been cancelled

Same thing happens to me, the festival seems to be cancelled... http://www.neopets.com/faeriefestival/ (Oh, and we got a new event theme too)

Well, something big seems to be just around the corner here, and it involves wraiths too!!! I wonder if this means the return of some of our favorite Neopian heroes (and villains)... ~^^

Darn, didn't get the avatar either. Just checked the news, and there was mention of getting our pets battle-ready. I wonder how long they'll make us wait from this time they mention "battling" until the next time they mention it, without any actual battling opponents being revealed? LOL At any rate, my recommendation would be to train. I believe it to be more useful than simply buying expensive equipment. ;)

The site theme chance is indeed suspicious! :D

Here is a link to TDN's battle articles. There are good articles and advice for training pets there.
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/index
I heartily recommend checking them out for those who are new, or newer to training their pets. The other articles are also excellent reads depending on your experience with battling. If there are any questions, head on over to the Battledome and Battlepedia Chat on these forums and feel free to ask. Staff and users alike here are friendly and knowledgeable. ;) If there's a new event a-brewin' and battling to be a-doin', then let's all have some fun preparin'. lol  :P Ok so that last one doesn't exactly fit the rhyme. I can only do that part of the time. ;)

Hmmmmmmmmm I was wondering last night, MAYBE this has something to do with the Darkest Faerie? Just with as dark and PURPLE as the place where the Faerie Festival was being held got, it SURE reminds me of a few areas controlled by The Darkest Faerie, in the Playstation 2 game, Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. Good game, except when it glitched/froze. LOL First PS2 game I beat. ;) PURE Speculation on my part though. LOL ;)

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hmmmmmmmmm I was wondering last night, MAYBE this has something to do with the Darkest Faerie? Just with as dark and PURPLE as the place where the Faerie Festival was being held got, it SURE reminds me of a few areas controlled by The Darkest Faerie, in the Playstation 2 game, Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. Good game, except when it glitched/froze. LOL First PS2 game I beat. ;) PURE Speculation on my part though. LOL ;)

I wondered that a couple weeks ago when we were just speculating out the wazoo.  When I looked back at the faerie's ruin plot, I remembered that at the end, they said they'd lost the darkest faerie's statue, and someone was going to go investigate, and they've never done anything with that in Neopia.  I never did the ps2 game, so I wasn't sure what they *had* done with her, if it was still set up that she is missing and was possibly un-statued with the other faeries, even though she was frozen separately.  Therefore that she could have been hiding out gaining strength for the last 7 years.

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

I wondered that a couple weeks ago when we were just speculating out the wazoo.  When I looked back at the faerie's ruin plot, I remembered that at the end, they said they'd lost the darkest faerie's statue, and someone was going to go investigate, and they've never done anything with that in Neopia.  I never did the ps2 game, so I wasn't sure what they *had* done with her, if it was still set up that she is missing and was possibly un-statued with the other faeries, even though she was frozen separately.  Therefore that she could have been hiding out gaining strength for the last 7 years.

This is actually a very plausible theory! Anyway, the events taking place on The Darkest Faerie's game was wa~y before the events on The Faerie's Ruin. The game itself introduced us to Altador, and also to The Altador Plot in that matter...

1 hour ago, Fernael said:

This is actually a very plausible theory! Anyway, the events taking place on The Darkest Faerie's game was wa~y before the events on The Faerie's Ruin. The game itself introduced us to Altador, and also to The Altador Plot in that matter...

Ah, so it was a prequel, which leads even more to the theory that TNT was setting up something to eventually use her again in another plot.  And given that so far they are totally echoing the faeries ruin, this is a good choice.

I'm hoping for some battling.  My trained pet just reached 900 stats and 1000 hit points.  I've been training fairly steadily since the obelisk war when I couldn't beat anyone on hard.  I hope the red codestones don't skyrocket though.  Yeah, pretty much anything that involves the battledome would make me happy :)

13 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I just checked the ruins map where old Maraqua once was. And the Darkest Faerie statue is not in this map. I thought for a bit and remembered that after the Battle for Maraqua war event happened. That the new maps of both Maraqua and the Ruins, didn't have the darkest faerie statue in them.  Now I'm wondering if her statue isn't guarded by the giant sea slug in the Ruins of Maraqua. More speculation, but who knows where TNT will take this new plot they are hinting at?

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I just checked the ruins map where old Maraqua once was. And the Darkest Faerie statue is not in this map. I thought for a bit and remembered that after the Battle for Maraqua war event happened. That the new maps of both Maraqua and the Ruins, didn't have the darkest faerie statue in them.  Now I'm wondering if her statue isn't guarded by the giant sea slug in the Ruins of Maraqua. More speculation, but who knows where TNT will take this new plot they are hinting at?

Her statue is still there though, right below the Whirlpool sign. It's also important to remember that the statue doesn't really mean anything anymore. It's just a nod to her whereabouts before the events of the PS2 game took place (right at the beginning of the game, she escapes from her stone prison, as you can see here :P).

It would be great to see her again though. She has always been my favourite Neopets' villain.

1 hour ago, Hanso said:

Her statue is still there though, right below the Whirlpool sign. It's also important to remember that the statue doesn't really mean anything anymore. It's just a nod to her whereabouts before the events of the PS2 game took place (right at the beginning of the game, she escapes from her stone prison, as you can see here :P).

It would be great to see her again though. She has always been my favourite Neopets' villain.

Ah! Thanks for the correction! I totally missed that on the map! LOL
Yeah she was a great villainess. LOL I forgot about the full opening vid for the PS2 game! :D It's been YEARS. ;) lol I wonder, could we POSSIBLY be in for a recreation of The Darkest Faerie, on Neopets? That would be WILD-COOL! I do wish they could've made the cutscenes look less like stop-motion animation, since it was CGI. ;)

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I THOUGHT that Maraqua had had the statue at one point!  I couldn't find it either, and thought I'd just imagined it.

8 hours ago, Hanso said:

Ah, it's just much smaller than I remembered.

If you visit the Faerie Festival link today, there is new dialogue. Queen Fyora is talking with the Battle Faerie and it appears the Angry Yurble (?) saw something.

http://www.neopets.com/faeriefestival/

Interesting question and comment in yesterday's Neopian Times Editorial, Issue 799, 29th day of Gathering, Y19, Question #3:

"On behalf of those who support Xandra as the one true tyrant of neopia, I dutifully demand that Fyora free Xandra from stone, and return her to her rightful position as representative of the pets. :) Yours Sincerely, The Xandra Fan Club ~morganjoisle"
"Request denied."

Hard to tell if the plot would deal with Xandra or not...

I just love how Fyora kinda tells the Battle Faerie to shut up for a moment :laugh:

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The battle faerie looks bizarre in that dialogue o_O

Now that you mention it, she does look kinda odd, doesn't she? :P I suppose it's her facial expression. Jumpstart is not very good at modifying old art.

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The battle faerie looks bizarre in that dialogue o_O

/unhelpful addition to conversation

:ph34r:

Looks like they drew her Iris too big in the eye screen-right, with that bit of hair over the part of that eye, you can't really see any white of the eye except on the other side of that bit of hair. So, it looks like she's part dark faerie now.... lol Kidding, or one could query if Fyora gave her a shiner. Also joking there. Fyora's got more patience than that. ;)

You guys have me intrigued now, as you what you've mentioned isn't what made her look weird to me, so I did a side-by-side comparison to try and pin it down.

QAstQ88.pngRkifdhS.png

It's her mouth that does it for me, the way her top lip's been drawn gives her massive teeth and makes her look like a sneering mule. The edit of her left eye does look off too, too much black in the point, isn't there. Makes me sad because I love her regular sassy expression, I think she's my favourite faerie looks wise, and they've made her look kind of gormless in this pic. :mellow:

And they've removed her cool cartilage piercing too, I wonder why!

3 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

There's new dialogue and cutscene at the faerie festival.

Interesting!

Can I be bothered with going to see what the reactions on the boards are to this...I predict more snark about the quality of the animation than anything else you see. >_<