Faerie Festival Is Here!

hrtbrk

Huh, Fyora's being all parenty there, shutting Aethia down without any explanation, lol. At least they didn't continue the dialogue with:

Aethia "why?"

Fyora "because I said so"

I wonder where they're going with this...anyone got any ideas? My knowledge of Neopian history is zero, so I've no idea what to expect, which is maybe for the best?

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Huh, Fyora's being all parenty there, shutting Aethia down without any explanation, lol. At least they didn't continue the dialogue with:

Aethia "why?"

Fyora "because I said so"

I wonder where they're going with this...anyone got any ideas? My knowledge of Neopian history is zero, so I've no idea what to expect, which is maybe for the best?

I have no idea where they are going with this, but they still have to "drag it out", until November. So, maybe it will be a slow reveal, until then.

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I have no idea where they are going with this, but they still have to "drag it out", until November. So, maybe it will be a slow reveal, until then.

Why do they have to drag it out?

(I just recently started playing Neopets again and went AWOL all last week. I was here when the Faerie Festival started and understand now it's been ambushed but...?)

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I think you're probably right there. Right now I'm not sure they're doing enough to keep people interested, but things will move along regardless of that, won't they!

@InkedGalaxies hi! It's already been strongly hinted in the Neopian Times editorial that a new plot will be starting in November you see, and the Faerie Festival seems to be leading into that, hence the little dribs of plot that are showing up on the festival page at the moment.

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I think you're probably right there. Right now I'm not sure they're doing enough to keep people interested, but things will move along regardless of that, won't they!

@InkedGalaxies hi! It's already been strongly hinted in the Neopian Times editorial that a new plot will be starting in November you see, and the Faerie Festival seems to be leading into that, hence the little dribs of plot that are showing up on the festival page at the moment.

Ahh! That makes sense. I hope it's something good! I'm kind of excited, nothing interesting has really happened since I resumed playing again. 

18 minutes ago, InkedGalaxies said:

Ahh! That makes sense. I hope it's something good! I'm kind of excited, nothing interesting has really happened since I resumed playing again. 

Kind of excited pretty much covers it for everyone, I think. We want it to be great, but we don't have much faith in Jumpstart being able to manage that. >_< But it's going to give us something to do, even if it's just complain.  lol.gif

Most people seem to really like the new site theme, that is a positive, at least, lol.

I really like the new theme.  It seems to be a permanent fixture in our preferences (unless I am missing something- which is totally possible- lol).  I haven't been keeping up with the Kardashians (I had to-lol) faerie festival and it's news, as I have been very busy with work and other RL issues, so I don't know much about what is going on.  But hopefully interesting is on the horizon.

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

hence the little dribs of plot that are showing up on the festival page at the moment

This makes me feel like jellies_screaming.gif: Just get on with it! :tired:

21 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

I haven't been keeping up with the Kardashians (I had to-lol) faerie festival and it's news, as I have been very busy with work and other RL issues, so I don't know much about what is going on.  But hopefully interesting is on the horizon

Comparing the Faeries to Kardashians  is like glamour_xweetok_sparkle.gifwockylaugh_red.gif:snitch: We definitely need something interesting altador_chia_magic.gifwith this FF-Slowest-Moving-Plot-Ever! :sleeping: 

My theories so far: 1) Disgruntled Neopian who lost every day at "Wing-It!"; 2) 191_jhudora.gif Jhudora partied 'after hours' and tried to pin it on 192_illusen.gif Illusen,

3) that yurble did it himself!

5 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I really like the new theme.  It seems to be a permanent fixture in our preferences (unless I am missing something- which is totally possible- lol).  I haven't been keeping up with the Kardashians (I had to-lol) faerie festival and it's news, as I have been very busy with work and other RL issues, so I don't know much about what is going on.  But hopefully interesting is on the horizon.

There was never a notification saying "you are allowed to use this site theme", and it automatically took over.  So, at least so far, it's more like the birthday one than a "real" theme.

So far, it seems like The Faerie's Ruin Part II.

I ADORE the theme and I'm really hoping to snag the Halloween avi or theme (I can't remember. I just woke up. -.-') on Halloween.

I hope it's good, there's so much I used to enjoy on NP that no longer works and I feel the that NC Mall shiz is taking over the website entirely. It makes me sad. Sigh.

9 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

There was never a notification saying "you are allowed to use this site theme", and it automatically took over.  So, at least so far, it's more like the birthday one than a "real" theme.

I was taken by surprise to find this new theme too, balloongal247. Then I checked my Preferences under My Account and it is listed as a Theme Background just like the Holiday Ones, Altador Cup, Faction from the Skirmish, etc. So it's nice to get a theme despite this plot going nowhere s-l-o-w-l-y *slorg*  slorg_green_slide.gif:biggrin:

I really dislike the birthday theme, mainly because there's those big empty grey blocks in it where it doesn't fill the screen. This one you can switch to a different theme - I've just tried - I'll take that as meaning we're going to get to keep it. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Is it slow to display fully for you guys? When I navigate to a new page the toolbar is often yellow for a second, which looks really disgusting against the purple. :laugh:

I think we probably will get to keep it, because, as I've said before, why would they NOT take credit for giving us something new when it's already made and implemented?  However, CURRENTLY I don't think that we truly have it.  I guess someone could count and see if it is included in the site themes count on your user lookup.  Though then that question would be, how do they count that.  Is it just all the ones, even the basics, listed on the pref page, or is it more advanced like the avatar one that excludes the basic and space faerie and I think one other.

There's new dialogue today, and it's actually somewhat informative.

Edited by balloongal247

Concerning the new "Destroyed Faerie Festival" theme, this seems to make it a permanent addition:

Neopian Times, Issue: 800, 6th day of Collecting, Y19, Question #4: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=800

"Hi Scrappy. I'm really liking this wraithy site theme. In other events/plots/mysterious happenings the site theme is usually only awarded to keep on your main account, but I was hoping this might be available to keep on all accounts. What do you think? Will my side accounts lose it one day (assuming neopia isn't wraith-infested forever and plunges into the darkness of eternal torment)?"
"Don't you worry about a thing! If you have the site theme it's there to stay! Our gift to you :)"

Nothing says permanent, like "it's there to stay!".

And, yes, I must agree about today's new dialogue. Informative and interesting. Even the Snow Faerie had a cameo appearance.

22 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

There's new dialogue today, and it's actually somewhat informative.

6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

And, yes, I must agree about today's new dialogue. Informative and interesting. Even the Snow Faerie had a cameo appearance.

Informative and interesting?!

An endorsement from two people who's opinions I trust, this is a positive start to my day!

*goes off to check it out*

9 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

New dialogue.  Apparently Kaia is the only one who knows how to do anything that's actually useful like figure out where you will be attacked?  Maybe she had to learn it because she was stuck among all those xenophobic Shenkuu-ans?

This looks like a job for...Super Faerie Ninja Skills! I think it's neat we get to lean a little more about Kaia.

Well this is interesting, I wonder what these skills that only she has can be!

AND

Will the fact that this is an "only you can save mankind!" type of scenario make the mean girls at the faerie academy actually like her, or, make them all HATE her with a fiery passion? Because let's face it, the second option's the most likely, isn't it, if JS is having these faeries behave like humans.

Looks like TNT posted a message on their board explaining why this is taking so long:

Hello Fellow Neopians! Scrappy here!

I'm here to level with you guys and let you know what's the deal here! As you may have noticed, Fyora is a little slow in assembling her troops to respond to the events at the Faerie Festival. Believe me, Scrappy (and the rest of TNT) wants the battle to begin more than anyone!!

However, due to happenings in the TNT offices (the acquiring previously mentioned), priorities had to shift slightly. Don't get me wrong, it is a GREAT thing! We have so much excitement happening here and there are soooo many things in the works for you guys! But sadly, that took us slightly off schedule.

So, Fyora is waiting on our word, which I promise you is coming! Then, the battle will begin! I understand any and all frustration due to the delay but in the long run I think it will be worth it! So, remain the wonderfully patient Neopians that you are, keep training and you will be rewarded :)

Stay cool, my friends!
-Scrappy

P.S. Don't forget to go check out Haunted Hijinks :)

Being a pessimist I really doubt the acquisition will change anything on Neopets, but eh, at least they are explaining why they are dragging this thing out.

Interesting... I'm not at all surprised by the drag-out, since it had already been made clear that the plot wasn't happening to November. Do we think this announcement means that the plot will be delayed further than that? I can already foresee the massive decline in enthusiasm this will cause for everyone who has been scrambling so desperately for the plot.