what is this???

I was having a look at the newest released items and I came across this new NC item: 

Wraith Resurgence Chest 9-PackWraith Resurgence Chest 9-Pack

Bring this chest to the faeries in the Wraith Resurgence event to help win the war and earn NC items along the way! Please read the Wraith Resurgence FAQ for more information before purchasing!

It's not active yet, but could this be related to the new battledome event????

Everyone on the boards certainly seems to be jumping to that conclusion.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Bearing in mind that haven't people jumped to another conclusion about the new plot involving battling? That seemed to materialise out of thin air at some point as far as I can tell, unless I missed some pertinent comment from Scrappy about it.

I believe it was stated in the Editorial that the new plot will involve the battledome. These little chests made they're way into the NC Mall this afternoon by mistake is my inkling, because they're not there anymore. My hunch is it will probably launch after the current NC event, Free the Faeries. Or it could even be on Friday, but don't hold me to that. Just going off my knowledge of TNT's patterns at releasing events.

It'll be my luck that they'll release something on Friday when I'm busy and not at home. Unless the weather is absolutely miserable I'll be home with my girls.

I'm starting to wonder if these accidental releases are JS's standard operating practice as they happen all the time, lol. Though really there's nothing lol-worthy about that, is there. :^/

See last night there was only the 1-pack chest in the shop, when I looked this morning there was a 9-pack too, and now, as you say, they're both gone...but they weren't added at the same time, which makes it seem way more intentional to me. These things are surely set up to release on x date at y time, how can they mess it up over, and over, and over again?

Oh wait, this is JS we're talking about!

... and look at that attitude ...

I just don't get it. JS is a pretty big company that's been around for some time, so why are they so ...amateur? It's like an enthusiastic and well-meaning bunch of elementary school kids are running the joint, and here we are giving them props for "trying", like they're just learning to tie their shoes or something! :rolleyes: This is a multi-million dollar company ffs.

I'm glad to hear that the battling rumours have some foundation, at least. Though my trepidation about the plot - and utter chaos that could possibly oh hell will undoubtedly ensue - has increased exponentially since this farce of a faerie event. >_<

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I'm starting to wonder if these accidental releases are JS's standard operating practice as they happen all the time, lol. Though really there's nothing lol-worthy about that, is there. :^/

See last night there was only the 1-pack chest in the shop, when I looked this morning there was a 9-pack too, and now, as you say, they're both gone...but they weren't added at the same time, which makes it seem way more intentional to me. These things are surely set up to release on x date at y time, how can they mess it up over, and over, and over again?

Oh wait, this is JS we're talking about!

... and look at that attitude ...

I just don't get it. JS is a pretty big company that's been around for some time, so why are they so ...amateur? It's like an enthusiastic and well-meaning bunch of elementary school kids are running the joint, and here we are giving them props for "trying", like they're just learning to tie their shoes or something! :rolleyes: This is a multi-million dollar company ffs.

I'm glad to hear that the battling rumours have some foundation, at least. Though my trepidation about the plot - and utter chaos that could possibly oh hell will undoubtedly ensue - has increased exponentially since this farce of a faerie event. >_<

"I'm starting to wonder if these accidental releases are JS's standard operating practice as they happen all the time, lol"  Ha ha, you took the words right out of my mouth.  I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!!!  (It must be a July baby thing- LOL)

The company IS run by amateurs didn't you know that?  It's run by "Kids Incorporated."  Bah ha ha ha.  

29 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

"I'm starting to wonder if these accidental releases are JS's standard operating practice as they happen all the time, lol"  Ha ha, you took the words right out of my mouth.  I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!!!  (It must be a July baby thing- LOL)

The company IS run by amateurs didn't you know that?  It's run by "Kids Incorporated."  Bah ha ha ha.  

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one thinking it!

And yeah *sigh* I knew that, but I've been perennially hopeful that they'd prove me wrong! That optimism will come back, but right now my inner cynic is reigning supreme -_-

And you're trialing for the midnight ninjas I see! A perfect position for you I must say. :ph34r:

I'm not going to put much stock in these accidents until something solid, like official news or a mention in an editorial, comes along. Til then, it's just rumors with some nice gifs.

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I'm not going to put much stock in these accidents until something solid, like official news or a mention in an editorial, comes along. Til then, it's just rumors with some nice gifs.

Probably best not to! :laugh:

It may turn out to be a huge letdown. Those are just my suspicions, but I'm not going to be hanging out on the edge of my seat waiting in anticipation lol.

22 hours ago, jellysundae said:

^ ROFL this is so true! I often find myself trying to be positive about these things, and appreciating their "effort", but sometimes I get tired of it. It's sad that we don't have to wonder if they'll mess up things, but how much they'll mess it up. *sigh*

Anyway, I hope the plot doesn't start right after the Faerie Festival, I want another month to keep training up my pet :medieval:

21 hours ago, deboratibi said:

^ ROFL this is so true! I often find myself trying to be positive about these things, and appreciating their "effort", but sometimes I get tired of it. It's sad that we don't have to wonder if they'll mess up things, but how much they'll mess it up. *sigh*

Anyway, I hope the plot doesn't start right after the Faerie Festival, I want another month to keep training up my pet :medieval:

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic really, isn't it. I wonder what the reason behind it is. Are they quite genuinely a bunch of complete idiots who can't find their [removed] with both hands and a flashlight, is this a lack of staff/resources thing, or what?

I think I chose a good time to start fighting the koi warrior? I got 10 codestones from him a couple of days ago :O!! The price of them must be climbing by now I'd have thought.

Is this plot BD stuff gonna be 1 or 2 player do you think?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Considering the avatar named faerie festival is of the faeries being attacked by wraiths, I think it's starting immediately.

I think all wars are 1p opponents, like the skirmishes, special opponents being released when they are called for.

It's such a bad precedent to establish that the faeries cannot have even this farce of a faerie festival without being attacked by Wraiths.

8 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Considering the avatar named faerie festival is of the faeries being attacked by wraiths, I think it's starting immediately.

I think all wars are 1p opponents, like the skirmishes, special opponents being released when they are called for.

It's such a bad precedent to establish that the faeries cannot have even this farce of a faerie festival without being attacked by Wraiths.

I'm more distracted than usual today so haven't been on Neo much. Is this something very new that I've missed, or...?

Hmm well, considering JS is portraying the faeries at the academy as cliquey teenage human girls behaviourally, bad precedents seems to be another of their "things".  :sad:

The avatar wouldn't make much sense, based on the animation, getting it just by going to the Faerie Festival everyday, unless something happens before it ends, or right at the end. I mean, there are hints of Wraiths. I have a feeling the avatar may be "released" at the end of the upcoming plot. Of course, TNT/JS hasn't made much sense, since they took over, for releasing these things.

The avatar image file is named faeriefestival.gif, though. So I think it's more likely something's going to happen at the end of the festival, that will lead into the plot. Probably another set of dialogues, like we saw before the festival.

However, in the Editorial it stated a plot for November. Now are they starting it early and it's going to last a few months. Whose to say. I have a love hate relationship with this upcoming plot. I love the idea of fresh content and hate that it'll be more work. :laugh:

I LOVE the idea of a new plot, but DREAD how much of a train wreck it's undoubtedly going to be. >_< I don't envy you, @Mouseykins

Before this event I was hopeful that they'd pull something off with aplomb, now I'm resigned to whatever they do being at best utterly mediocre, and at worst a complete disaster.

But hey, we'll get a new avatar! :lmaosmiley:

On 9/21/2017 at 3:08 AM, jellysundae said:

Everyone on the boards certainly seems to be jumping to that conclusion.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Bearing in mind that haven't people jumped to another conclusion about the new plot involving battling? That seemed to materialise out of thin air at some point as far as I can tell, unless I missed some pertinent comment from Scrappy about it.

I've been looking in the Editorials, but haven't found anything, yet. I think the plot involving battling was mentioned by Scrappy, during one of the "Scrappy Sessions" - where Scrappy was posting Q&A on the Neoboards, during this past AC. I remember something where she said it would involve battling. Again, most of this started last year, when people started noticing an "un-named" arena in the Battledome, and the "stay tuned" and hints progressed from there.

Oh, all of this is getting confusing.

I guess the Faerie Festival isn't really an event, but will roll into the "Wraith Resurgance event", happening in October (?), along with the GMC, and into the plot (?) in November?

Sooo...summary

SOMETHING is going to be happening. But really no-body seems to know what including JS :ph34r:

We'll just take each day as it comes, and try not to drown in the ever-widening sea of confusion. :laugh:

@jellysundae thanks! I have a feeling this fall Dawn is not going to be getting much sleep and by winter may be close to becoming a vampire zombie. :laugh:

Now back on track here:

I guess half the fun is the suspense and anticipation of what they're going to do, how awesome it's going to be, and when it's actually happening.

13 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

I guess half the fun is the suspense and anticipation of what they're going to do, how awesome it's going to be, and when it's actually happening.

It certainly is, I LOVE the excited anticipation, who doesn't? But we could all REALLY do without finding out that was the best bit. :laugh:

I'm excited about the plot because every plot gives out prizes and trophies (and avatars, site themes?), so that alone is reason enough to be excited. But I'm not going to get hyped about the plot itself (story, battles, activities), because there's too much possibility for disappointment. If the plot comes out without too many glitches; if the story isn't terrible and makes sense in the Neopian universe; and if the prizes are okay, I'm going to consider it a success. I've learned to lower my standards, lol.

Anyway, Scrappy mentioned the plot's release on issue 791:

(hands Scrappy a double cheeseburger with all the trimmings and a root beer float) Thought you might like something more filling than sweets :). Anymore hints on upcoming plot? Even the tiniest morsel would be deeply appreciated sweetie! Pretty, pretty please (slips double chocolate peanut butter cup to her under the table)?~keeper_of_the_dunes
A burger, for me? Aw, I couldn't accept this... *scarfs burger in one bite* well anyways. Hm, all I have to say is between collecting all the awesome new stuff and celebrating the awesomeness of it. You guys will surely be happy!

Everyone saw this as a clue, meaning: between the month of collecting (October) and the month of celebrating (December), therefore, November.

As for the battling aspect, it was indeed mentioned in her Q&A:

"Yup there's a new plot coming..."

"When I say plot I mean plot. I can't give you details because I'm really not sure if I'm allowed and don't want to get in trouble but come on guys. What would a plot be if we couldn't fight off some bad guys?"

I suppose the fact that we're learning to have to expect to lower our expectations is just a sign of 20teens living? :^/

!!!!

I just had an epiphany. The way JS operates? It's like a digital version of a McMansion - a poorly thought out hodgepodge of poor quality materials, thrown together any old how, with no consideration given to what was there before...

Speaking of...this blog's cynically amusing if it's your kind of thing. McMansion Hell