Ooh GMC is confirmed, nice!

jellysundae

No beating around the bush from Scrappy with this answer! (shame she can't do that with every question! xD)

Hi, Scrappy! *throw cookies* I know we are going to have a plot in November, but I'm wondering if we'll have Game Master Challenge this year as well ~fleohr
Hm, short answer: Yes.

I think a lot of people were expecting GMC to be side-lined because of the upcoming plot, so pretty cool to see it's still going ahead! Hopefully that means it's all coded and ready to go and it's not going to add another layer of mess to the potential disaster cake November could turn into. Also hopefully it doesn't mean that it's going ahead as normal because they're going to do something like recycle last year's in its entirety. :ph34r:

Also, we're gonna get to meet Scrappy's minion next week!

Hi there Scrappy, you mentioned that you recently got an apprentice. I was wondering if you could tell us all a little about him/her?
Ah yes!! She started this week and you all will LOVE her!!! I couldddd tell you a little about her, but I figured I would let her do that! She's out roaming the streets and learning the lay of the lands! But I think we might be able to drop by the editorial for a little note next week :) Stay tuned, folks....

I do feel them hiring a new staff member has got to be a really positive thing, unless it's some kind of unpaid internship do you think? Actually I wish I'd not thought of that, because now I totally suspect that's exactly what it is. >_<

45 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I do feel them hiring a new staff member has got to be a really positive thing, unless it's some kind of unpaid internship do you think? Actually I wish I'd not thought of that, because now I totally suspect that's exactly what it is. >_<

Yeah "apprentice" sounds to me like "unpaid intern".

Yeah, I don't do GMC either, but I know it is important to those who feel they must rise to every challenge.

47 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Yeah "apprentice" sounds to me like "unpaid intern".

Yeah, I don't do GMC either, but I know it is important to those who feel they must rise to every challenge.

Well despite Neo being a shadow of its former self, it must still be a pretty cool place to do an internship, and it this new girl's an actual paid employee...not something we'll ever know. Is this a typical time of the year for interns then? I'm just wondering because if there's this free help to be had out there, then why haven't they made full use of that resource before now.

I'll participate in the GMC, even if it's just to get the trophy, both the Daily Dare and GMC are overly challenging for me - either mentally, physically or both - because of my MS so I struggle a LOT now with a great many of the games, but a trophy's always nice! I'll be able to kind of play a few of them at least, lol. Seems I did better last year than the year before, got a Level 2 trophy so I completed 5-9 challenges according to JN, so it'll all be down to which games are used.

The "hm" in her answer confuses me. It kinda sounds like "yes, it's happening, but it'll be different and I won't go into it right now".
I do enjoy the GMC, even though I'm not that good at most games, so it'll be nice to have it happening, especially as I think this plot will be battledome related (?) and I enjoy the games more than the battledome.

Definitely sounds like an (unpaid) intern to me. I don't think there's a specific time of year for interns though. September is when the school year starts again, so it would make sense for an intern to start around now, but I think internships can start at different points during the year. I'm hoping this is at least a paid internship, but unpaid internships are quite common, unfortunately. There's a good chance they've utilized this kind of "free help" before, just not somewhere as visible as the editorial.

Awe, come on guys!  Don't put yourselves down in regards to games/games master challenge.  First of all, it's all in fun.  Second, you never know what you are capable of until you put yourself to that challenge.  I would NOT consider myself good at games by any stretch, and I think Scoobert Doo would agree with me.  Not that I am not good at games, lol, but that he wouldn't consider himself "great" either. LOL. However, he and I have teamed up during the challenge for the past couple of years, and we "push" each other to be the best we can be.  We always end up with the gold trophy and the top prizes.  Not because we are great at games, because we support and encourage each other.  After our first year together, I knew I found my soul teammate for life.  You all need someone who challenges you, yet supports and encourages you at the same time and work with that person.  It isn't just the team challenges that we work together, it's the regular, daily challenges too.  We try to achieve the same scores.  That way we know we are going to come through for each other on the team challenges.  Now you all go find YOUR Scoobert Doo and have fun.  Remember, it's a game and another trophy for your user look up.  Have FUN!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, jellysundae said:

I've got to admit that I just completely avoided the team challenges. :blush:

NOOOOOO!  That is what makes it fun.  The fact that your partner is mad at you if you don't get the required score:grrr:.  LMAO.  Ha ha.  I am just kidding.  That doesn't happen.  I can tell you, with Scoobert and I, and I am pretty sure I speak for him too, we keep playing the game and NOT sending the scores until we get the score we want.  When we get the score, we wait, contact the other person (hopefully they are available prett quickly- lol- but we usually know we can get the score again) when we reach the other person, and set up the challenge, we send our desired score.  You can keep playing and playing the game until you get the score you want.  That is how I/we do it.  No need for avoidance, this is about fun, friendship, and team playing.  The trophies help too.  

Scoobert and I feed off of each other.  We push each other to be better and better.  We want to get the high scores, but we "secretly" want to do as well as or better than each other too.  So that pushes us to get the scores we need.  We make a great team because of that.  It is good to find a friend who accepts your limitations, yet challenges you to do better without insulting you or hurting your feelings.  I thing we have that chemistry that works.  Once you find that, you will know it, you will have fun, and don't lose it.  

6 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

NOOOOOO!  That is what makes it fun.  The fact that your partner is mad at you if you don't get the required score:grrr:.  LMAO.  Ha ha.  I am just kidding.  That doesn't happen.  I can tell you, with Scoobert and I, and I am pretty sure I speak for him too, we keep playing the game and NOT sending the scores until we get the score we want.  When we get the score, we wait, contact the other person (hopefully they are available prett quickly- lol- but we usually know we can get the score again) when we reach the other person, and set up the challenge, we send our desired score.  You can keep playing and playing the game until you get the score you want.  That is how I/we do it.  No need for avoidance, this is about fun, friendship, and team playing.  The trophies help too.  

Scoobert and I feed off of each other.  We push each other to be better and better.  We want to get the high scores, but we "secretly" want to do as well as or better than each other too.  So that pushes us to get the scores we need.  We make a great team because of that.  It is good to find a friend who accepts your limitations, yet challenges you to do better without insulting you or hurting your feelings.  I thing we have that chemistry that works.  Once you find that, you will know it, you will have fun, and don't lose it.  

Everything you say makes sense, but...:ph34r:

If I'm not appalling at the team challenge games this year, maybe I'll find someone on here foolish kind enough to pair up with me. :blush02: