Vote for Obelisk War! Round 117!

lianakos

Which faction are you joining for the 117th round?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 117th round?

• Awakened
    • Thieves Guild
    • Seekers

This week's predictions

Obelisk Team Last Win Win % Prediction
Awakened 5 rounds ago 35% 36%
Seekers 4 rounds ago 43% 44%
Thieves Guild 7 rounds ago 18% 20%

I'm up for Seekers, what say you guys?

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

This week's predictions

Obelisk Team Last Win Win % Prediction
Awakened 5 rounds ago 35% 36%
Seekers 4 rounds ago 43% 44%
Thieves Guild 7 rounds ago 18% 20%

I'm up for Seekers, what say you guys?

In light of this I think I'm gonna go Seekers as well :)

5 hours ago, kirschteins said:

I missed the War... I feel like I'm always gone when there's big events :(

Since I didn't really understand the whole thing, I haven't participated before! so I'll choose Seekers too, and hope it goes well! :D

If you've not participated before that means you've got 6 more avatars to gain. :D

It's worth fighting, because there's boons to be gained. Seekers have nice boons:

• Bank Bribery - Allows you to bump your interest rate at the bank by 3%
  • Book smarts - Increases your pet's intelligence when you read it a book. You will receive two or four points instead of the standard one point.
  • Doctor Who? - Cures pets automatically when they contract any disease.
  • Right round round round - Spin the wheels twice before having to wait the usual time to spin again.
  • Strength of mind -Gives the ability "Mind Blast" for use in the battledome for the duration of the boon. The ability is once per battle and uses your pets Intelligence points to calculate the damage done.

I think a lot of people choose between bank bribery and book smarts. Or maybe I'm just saying that because it's what I do, lol. I hoarded books until Seekers won and my pet's intelligence gain was close to 300 if I remember correctly.

I need to read some more to him, but I'm not looking forward to going through what he's already read, and comparing it with what's in my SDB. Even with JN's books tool there's no easy way of finding out what ones he still needs to read out of what I have stockpiled, so last time Seekers won I went for the interest boost instead :ph34r: lol.

And while the Ugga Dome prizes aren't great, these three:

12788.gif?193r.87 12854.gif?173 r.90 20332.gif?86r.93  Are nice to end up with a pile of come Charity Corner!

9 hours ago, kirschteins said:

I missed the War... I feel like I'm always gone when there's big events :(

Since I didn't really understand the whole thing, I haven't participated before! so I'll choose Seekers too, and hope it goes well! :D

I've missed a lot of the events lately, like Krawk Island.  Either I was travelling or in a phase of just not really devoting time to neopia.  I think I might have popped in a little during some of them, but didn't take the time to actually look into the plot and participate.  It makes me sad now how many avatars and site themes I've lost.

Yeah, I usually do my regular battling until I win all my items, then go to the skirmish battles, since the Ugga Dome prizes aren't good.  Maraquan Dome will give more codestones.  Now that I have premium, I can battle the space fungus, who will often drop Nerkmids (about 60k each), or Bubbling Fungus (60k or so as well, price is a bit volatile), and a few codestones.  It's my primary source of income, and usually provides the funds to put into the food club without me having to go into the bank.  FC is my secondary source of income.  The bank 3rd.  Plus stocks more erratically.

2 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I've missed a lot of the events lately, like Krawk Island.  Either I was travelling or in a phase of just not really devoting time to neopia.  I think I might have popped in a little during some of them, but didn't take the time to actually look into the plot and participate.  It makes me sad now how many avatars and site themes I've lost.

Yeah, I usually do my regular battling until I win all my items, then go to the skirmish battles, since the Ugga Dome prizes aren't good.  Maraquan Dome will give more codestones.  Now that I have premium, I can battle the space fungus, who will often drop Nerkmids (about 60k each), or Bubbling Fungus (60k or so as well, price is a bit volatile), and a few codestones.  It's my primary source of income, and usually provides the funds to put into the food club without me having to go into the bank.  FC is my secondary source of income.  The bank 3rd.  Plus stocks more erratically.

Oh gosh, you aren't the only one.  If you see the age of my account, I should have all kinds of event trophies and retired avatars from plots, events, etc.  I didn't participate in the war either.  I was very naive when I first joined neopets and had no clue what I was doing.  If my then 9 yo son didn't keep challenging me to battles (which I hated at the time- lol) I wouldn't even have the battledome veteran trophy/avatar either.  We can only move forward I suppose.

I was going to join Thieves since I figured they were due for a win, but I will go with the majority here and join Seekers, since.......err.......uh........majority rules I guess.  LOL

1 hour ago, rntracy1 said:

I was going to join Thieves since I figured they were due for a win, but I will go with the majority here and join Seekers, since.......err.......uh........majority rules I guess.  LOL

Tracy, you do realise that by saying this you're pretty much guaranteeing that Thieves will win? :laughingsmiley:

Where you going to go for Thieves because of those feelings you get?

It sounds like it's going to be fun for sure! Thanks for the info, @jellysundae :D

(I'll be new to charity corner too, but I realized that recently and have since been more careful about what I'm putting in my shop from my horrible SDB hoard, so I should have a nice amount of rare items by the next time it happens!)

Hey, you're welcome. b)

I hoard horribly stupendously for charity corner xD I've been stock-piling food and books since the last one, in the hope that both those items are wanted again. Please understand that I'm not buying anything, because I'm British and consequently way too tight-fisted to do that, but the money tree has been meeting my gross food needs with aplomb all year. :laughingsmiley:

I know the best stuff is gained from donating r.90+ items to Granny, but I just enjoy the donation process so want as much stuff to offload as possible. :ph34r: If the next charity corner does ask for weapons, as so many of us fervently hope, we're gonna be in heaven because of all the r.90+ BD prizes we've all got accumulated. :lmaosmiley:

Looks like once again I am the lone Thieves member :P

Still hoping for that last avatar...I feel like they MUST be due for a win soon, right? After that I'll be switching my allegiance to Seekers for the Book Smarts boon. Last time they won I read Ellava 400+ books and she gained 1000+ intelligence!

Good luck everyone~

56 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Looks like once again I am the lone Thieves member :P

Still hoping for that last avatar...I feel like they MUST be due for a win soon, right? After that I'll be switching my allegiance to Seekers for the Book Smarts boon. Last time they won I read Ellava 400+ books and she gained 1000+ intelligence!

Good luck everyone~

Kay! If we'd known we'd have gone for Thieves to back you up.

Seems we're pretty sucky at organising the Fellowship of the Buns without our leader guiding us!

Just now, acmerasta said:

Last time I chose Thieves and Brutes won.... where do you find those predictions? 

Anyway... Seekers it is I guess. 

They are from this pet page

42 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Kay! If we'd known we'd have gone for Thieves to back you up.

That's ok, I wouldn't want you guys to miss out on potential boons just for me! They'll win eventually. 

@kayahtik, you never know. Those are just predictions and not guarantees. There have been a few times where others picked the "not predicted to win" team, and they actually won! It's possible you could be the only from here, on the "winning" side.

Well, going with The Seekers, then (baaaaa!). And, yes, @jellysundae, it seems we are terrible at organizing the FOTB. However, we haven't seen our leader and some fellow battlers in a while. It almost seems as if we are the last two "bun bearers" taking the "one bun to rule them all" back to be destroyed by the oven it was created from...

Anyhow, as usual, good luck to all, no matter what faction you joined, have fun and see you in the Battledome!

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

@kayahtik, you never know. Those are just predictions and not guarantees. There have been a few times where others picked the "not predicted to win" team, and they actually won! It's possible you could be the only from here, on the "winning" side.

Well, going with The Seekers, then (baaaaa!). And, yes, @jellysundae, it seems we are terrible at organizing the FOTB. However, we haven't seen our leader and some fellow battlers in a while. It almost seems as if we are the last two "bun bearers" taking the "one bun to rule them all" back to be destroyed by the oven it was created from...

Anyhow, as usual, good luck to all, no matter what faction you joined, have fun and see you in the Battledome!

Hopefully Beth's closer to being able to come back and whip us into shape, lol. I'm missing Midnight too *hides behind Scoobs* it's a bit unnerving when people disappear. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

So, are we going to have to be fighting the skirmish WHILE we fight a war against wraiths?

YESSS!!! To your Battlestations!!:medieval:

Well only if you want to. There's always the group of Neopians that don't participate in the plots for one reason or another and just do the normal daily stuff they do. *shrug*

Unless the Obelisk is involved in the plot... then normal skirmishes might be suspended :shiftyeyes_anim:

On 9/26/2017 at 4:23 PM, rntracy1 said:

On 9/26/2017 at 5:31 PM, jellysundae said:

Tracy, you do realise that by saying this you're pretty much guaranteeing that Thieves will win? :laughingsmiley:

Where you going to go for Thieves because of those feelings you get?

AHEM!!! I knew it'd happen!  lol.gif

HO3lE9x.png

So this means @kayahtik got the avatar, yes yes? :lmaosmiley:

And @kirschteins welcome to your first lame obelisk consolation prize! violin.giflol xD Nah that snarky of me, it should be an r.90+ which is better than a slap in the chops.

Yes!!!!!!!!! This is my last obelisk avatar, finally! Thanks for the post @jellysundae, otherwise I would have forgotten to check!

Something Has Happened!
thieves_atyl7.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Battleground: Thieves Guild' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

1 minute ago, kayahtik said:

Yes!!!!!!!!! This is my last obelisk avatar, finally! Thanks for the post @jellysundae, otherwise I would have forgotten to check!

Something Has Happened!
thieves_atyl7.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Battleground: Thieves Guild' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

You're welcome, and congrats! What boon have you gone for?

In a way I'm glad Seekers didn't win. Because I'd already collected my bank interest, and that would have made me feel kind of obliged to go with the book smarts boon, and I'm dreading going through my SDB and sorting out which books my little guy hasn't read yet.

Maybe I should use this breathing space to start going through them now and making a list...or is that just too sensible? :laugh: