NC Mall: New Unreleased MME Found!

hrtbrk

That's an intriguing thumbnail!

I'll admit I thought it was someone with glowing eyes wearing a pointy hat and figured it was some kind of wraith thing. Then I realised it was light shining out of castle windows, oops! :laughingsmiley:

8 hours ago, acorah said:

Hahaha  @jellysundae- I thought exactly the same thing! Specsavers for us then  :bigeyed:

Hush! They keep nagging me to go for another eye test. :laughingsmiley:

Ooooh this looks really cool!

The item description:
This castle is so dark and disturbed its almost like its cursed. This was the first stage in a multi-stage Mysterious Morphing Experiment (MME). To learn more about MMEs, please go to the NC Mall FAQ.

I've never bought an MME before, so I'm excited! To be sure I'm understanding correctly...after the item is no longer available (Oct 12 for this one) it will change form several times? And then at the end you get one version of each form, so you end up with multiple items? Are there different possible outcomes, or are they all the same? Should I buy more than one to cover all the possibilities? 

Guess I better work some NC into my October budget...

Here's a page explaining MMEs

http://www.sunnyneo.com/customisation/MME.php

Answers all of the questions you just asked.

Given that they've devoted an entire page to it, I figure it's best to link instead of trying to vaguely remember what they've said, since I've never even bought one.

I've yet to go investigate this, but looking at the pic kirschteins posted I like it already. The pretty side makes me think of Kingsbury out of Howl's Moving Castle :3

Looks like I have some reading to do about MMEs then! If they work as Kay described it's the same as Gaia's evolving items by the sound of it, not that I ever bought any of those but it seems to be the same kind of process.

I've seen MME stuff on DTI and was completely confused by it because I didn't know what it was, and why there were these multiple items that were almost identical, this was my MS showing I now realise. I shall go and look at these things again now that I understand what they are, and see if I can form a decision about this one!

13 minutes later...

And already I'm confused :laugh:

The guide says minis morph only once, but looking at the evolutions shown that doesn't seem to be the case at all :eh: am I missing something?

10 hours ago, kirschteins said:

Cool! I got both versions, I think, according to the item ID thing on this guide! :D
(Is it just me, or do you guys think we should be expecting Beauty & the Beast themed stuff?)

Glad you were able to get both (likely)

Yeah, this does sound pretty Beauty and the Beast.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've yet to go investigate this, but looking at the pic kirschteins posted I like it already. The pretty side makes me think of Kingsbury out of Howl's Moving Castle :3

Looks like I have some reading to do about MMEs then! If they work as Kay described it's the same as Gaia's evolving items by the sound of it, not that I ever bought any of those but it seems to be the same kind of process.

I've seen MME stuff on DTI and was completely confused by it because I didn't know what it was, and why there were these multiple items that were almost identical, this was my MS showing I now realise. I shall go and look at these things again now that I understand what they are, and see if I can form a decision about this one!

13 minutes later...

And already I'm confused :laugh:

The guide says minis morph only once, but looking at the evolutions shown that doesn't seem to be the case at all :eh: am I missing something?

I think the first change, when it first stops being sold, is not considered a morph..  Because it's a just like a flyer to begin, not an actual item, kind of like a capsule.  So, when it becomes active after it's no longer being sold it's "opened" and they start counting.  So, the minis have two items, the one you get first, and then the first morph (the second stage, often two different items for the a and b forms of the minimme).  Then, maybe, a bonus item, if you are lucky.

Or, you get the first stage as soon as you buy it, while it is still being sold, and then it goes to the second stage when it stops being sold?  Someone who has actually bought one needs to weigh in here, as all I'm doing is reading the guide above.

On the page I linked above, you can click on any of the mmes or minis to see the morph progression for it.

If you are looking at DTI for mme items you'll see item names like: MME17-S2a: Snowy Curled Wig, the first part is which mme it is from, this one is the 17th.  Then the stage, this one was stage 2a, which means that stage 2 of this one split and depending on what you had, you could get this or another item, in this case MME17-S2b: Sparkling Blue Ball Mask

I read through several MME guides and am still pretty confused, but I guess I'll figure it out as I go along. I'm considerably less excited now that people are tossing around the Beauty and the Beast theme...honestly I'm pretty tired of all these pop culture references, I wish they would come up with something a little more versatile. 

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Glad you were able to get both (likely)

On the page I linked above, you can click on any of the mmes or minis to see the morph progression for it.

Is it quite likely to get both? This I don't understand at all right now, I'd just have to keep buying them and checking the ID code until I got one that was different?

I looked at the minis guide again, I think I get it now (maybe...) it's the split thing, yes? A chance of up to 3 different items by the look of it. So basically 3 times the chance of NOT getting the item that you wanted, so you have to buy 3 times as many MMEs. Nice job JS -_-

45 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I read through several MME guides and am still pretty confused

This makes me feel SO much better! *joins Kay in confused corner* :ph34r:

@kirschteins what are the ID numbers I need to look out for?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Is it quite likely to get both? This I don't understand at all right now, I'd just have to keep buying them and checking the ID code until I got one that was different?

I looked at the minis guide again, I think I get it now (maybe...) it's the split thing, yes? A chance of up to 3 different items by the look of it. So basically 3 times the chance of NOT getting the item that you wanted, so you have to buy 3 times as many MMEs. Nice job JS -_-

This makes me feel SO much better! *joins Kay in confused corner* :ph34r:

@kirschteins what are the ID numbers I need to look out for?

I think usually they just have 2 variations.  Put several in your cart, check the ids, and then delete the ones you don't want, before buying them. The guide linked above explains how to do that.

So, you'd get the first thing, and then you'd get 1 of the 2 variations with each instance you get.  And then you might or might not get the bonus item.  It's not really a "getting the thing you wanted", because nobody knows what the morphs will be.

@kayahtik bought two of the MMEs with different IDs, so she bought two DIFFERENT ones, not two of the same.  So, she got A and B.  (assuming JS doesn't decide to break things).  So, she'll get all of the variations, but she still may or may not get the bonus, because that is random.

There won't be an id to "look out for" there will just be two different ID numbers for this MME.  Kay might be able to tell you what they were if she noted them, but the main thing is are they the same or are they different.

This is not a Mini MME that's in the mall now, it's a full sized one.  So there'd be 5 items, I think.

Ok, looking at it I see, the first stage is what you buy immediately, in this case a background of a cursed castle.  So you'd use that until it stops being sold, and then it goes to stage two, which is a mystery.  Then, because this isn't a mini, in a week or whatever, it'll morph again, and etc.

I'd give this an 80% chance of being Beauty and the Beast themed.  So there might be some kind of rose trellis upper foreground, maybe a yellow dress.. 

49 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

@kayahtik bought two of the MMEs with different IDs, so she bought two DIFFERENT ones, not two of the same.  So, she got A and B.  (assuming JS doesn't decide to break things).  So, she'll get all of the variations, but she still may or may not get the bonus, because that is random.

There won't be an id to "look out for" there will just be two different ID numbers for this MME.  Kay might be able to tell you what they were if she noted them, but the main thing is are they the same or are they different.

I haven't actually bought any yet, but I do think this helps clarify. I'll put some in my cart and see if I can find two with different item codes. Then I guess I'll have to splash out $10 for some NC... 

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Put several in your cart, check the ids, and then delete the ones you don't want, before buying them.

That's nice and easy!!! For some reason I wasn't expecting it to be something you could check unless you'd bought the item.

I read some of the guide earlier, but I clearly didn't pick up on this. Now that I've had a sleep I'll go for some more studying and see about finding the two different ID numbers. :D

~~~

The 2 in my cart are 76108 and 109, that was quick and painless, lol.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

The 2 in my cart are 76108 and 109, that was quick and painless, lol.

I just did the same! -high five- I also bought some extra NC, so my cart is all ready to go... I just had one last thought before I actually go through with dropping 1400 NC (:bigeyed:) on these things...

Does anyone have any experience or an educated guess about how good of trading fodder these MME items will be? I'm 100% on board with buying at least one because I definitely want this Cursed Castle Background. But since the next stages will be a surprise, and who knows if I'll like them or not, I don't want to end up with a bunch of useless items that I don't want and can't trade for something better. 

I've got them sat waiting still too, lol. I wonder when I'll take the final leap and purchase. >_<

I'd hope there'd be a good chance of successfully being able to trade them, unless they're really rubbish items ofc! I think the not having ANY clue if the other items will be something I like is what's holding me back right now.

Yep, that's exactly the same with me. But we have until October 12th to make a final decision! I'll probably try to talk to some friends who have bought MMEs before and see what they have to say. I don't mind spending NC, but I want to make sure it's 1) something I'll actually like, or 2) something I can trade for something I actually like. We'll see. 

30 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Yep, that's exactly the same with me. But we have until October 12th to make a final decision! I'll probably try to talk to some friends who have bought MMEs before and see what they have to say. I don't mind spending NC, but I want to make sure it's 1) something I'll actually like, or 2) something I can trade for something I actually like. We'll see. 

Well, I guess even then we don't HAVE to buy them if we're not sure. The background will be sold separately by people once the item stops evolving, won't it, though I don't imagine many will want to get rid of theirs so it would be expensive. My main issue here is I don't think I could safely manage learning to sell NC items, DTI's set up confuses me too much. So the idea of getting rid of the bits of the set that I don't like fills me with horror. :blush: Though so does approaching a stranger about buying the single item. :rolleyes:

I'm a pretty hopeless case, ain't I xD I should just suck it up and buy them both and be done with it. :laugh:

Hmm I would think that the background would be easy to trade for. A lot of people will be doing what we're thinking of doing, and buying one MME of each code, so they'll end up with two backgrounds. Even if they wanted to keep one, they'd have a spare that they'd want to get rid of. I think it would be the other morph stages that would be harder to get cause they'd be rarer. 

NC trading still really intimidates me. I've done it a few times, but I still feel like such a n00b when I do. Most of the time when I nm someone asking if they'd like to trade, I just never hear back. The NC neoboard seems to have a much better success rate, but it moves really quickly ;.;

Anyway, hopefully it won't come to that! I'm sure I'll talk myself into buying both MMEs in a day or two. I already paid for the NC after all, so I might as well.