NC Mall: New Unreleased MME Found!

hrtbrk

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Well, I guess even then we don't HAVE to buy them if we're not sure. The background will be sold separately by people once the item stops evolving, won't it, though I don't imagine many will want to get rid of theirs so it would be expensive. My main issue here is I don't think I could safely manage learning to sell NC items, DTI's set up confuses me too much. So the idea of getting rid of the bits of the set that I don't like fills me with horror. :blush: Though so does approaching a stranger about buying the single item. :rolleyes:

I'm a pretty hopeless case, ain't I xD I should just suck it up and buy them both and be done with it. :laugh:

Yeah, if the background would be worth 3-4 BGC, then it would be worth it to buy the MME just for the background.  And of 5 items, chances are you'll like some of them.

And if you are wanting NC items at all, it's better for you to get them, and then if you don't love some, you'll have items to trade for things you might love more.

At 5 items, each one will cost you less than just about any item (140NC each).  And since it's such a limited time thing, and people don't know what the later things are that they might like more, there may not be a whole lot sold, and especially there might be a lot more people who want it later.  So I'd think you'd be ahead.

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The 2 in my cart are 76108 and 109, that was quick and painless, lol.

LOL I thought it was going to be much more complicated too, but it's surprisingly simple!

9 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Does anyone have any experience or an educated guess about how good of trading fodder these MME items will be?

It's hard to say! Even the useless MME items seem to be listed at 1-2 value, so someone somewhere in Neopia might trade for it at 2 caps....
Looking at the Frozen themed ones, the values according to /~korolie are:
MME20-S1: Ice Palace Background ~1-2 
MME20-S2a: Winter Princess Gown ~2-3
MME20-S2b: Northern Princess Gown ~2-3
MME20-S3a: Blonde Side Braid Wig ~2-3
MME20-S3b: Burgundy Braids Wig ~2
MME20-S4a: Winter Princess Cape ~2-3
MME20-S4b: Northern Princess Capelet ~1-2
MME20-S5: Melted Snowman Trinket ~1-2 

(Not including the possible bonus item, which is listed at ~7-8)
And while I've seen some of the ~1-2 value items from it in 2:1 sales, I think that if you're willing to go looking for the trades you want, you would be able to trade at full value for several of them!

And I honestly think a Beauty & the Beast theme will be more popular than Frozen. That's just me personally, but I think everyone pretty much got over Frozen after a few months and became sick of it, while BatB is still a classic and maybe not quite as exhausted, despite the recent remake and the broadway version.
*Side note: I'm also completely biased. I love BatB so much. I loved the remake. The "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere," verse still gets me every time I hear it. I'm so so so biased.

But I also just think it'll be more popular just because it'll have generic fantasy appeal! Everyone likes pretty things, and even if the "lovely princess" dress is yellow and one of the morphs is a rose, those things will still fit into other princessy/fancy customizations nicely. (Whereas the ice palace was kind of... specific, you know?)
I think the "cursed prince" will go over well too; people seem really excited about more masculine clothing, and scary items are always popular!

The only thing in this case is that Everyone Is Buying Them, and buying multiples (or so it seems on the NCC at the moment). So I'd be a little worried about the value not being as good because other people will also be thinking "this will be good to trade" and stocking up. But even then, it's not possible for everyone to buy and I think there will still be a fair amount of people trading for them.

To me this seems like the most promising MME in a while, but I'm still new myself so. It's always a gamble, honestly.
(I'm still holding out for "Cave & Waterfall Background" to be worth 4 caps like "Camping Rock Waterfall Background" as soon as the Moon caps stop being buyable.... We'll see if I'm accurate on that, or if so many moon caps have sold that everyone has five of everything before then lol)

I bought two of the MME because I genuinely want to see and own whatever comes from them! I'm... considering buying another because "what if they turn out to be very valuable but I also like them and don't want to trade any of mine" (thank you, corner of my brain trying to turn me into a hoarder). I don't usually like buying things just because they might be valuable, but this one has swayed me a little.

....Again, I think I've written a lot just to conclude "do whatever you feel like". :axehead:

Yep, after reading the thoughts of you guys I think (for me at least) it's def a case of just buy them both already lol.gif Options will be available to trade them in the future, whether I USE those options is another matter but that's my look out, isn't it. xD

So are people in general thinking this is going to be a Beauty & the Beast theme, rather than something Neo-related then? I suppose because my brain made that immediate (and wrong) association with wraiths when I saw the thumbnail, I'm still expecting it to be wraith-related. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense when the pretty castle on the banner art looks like nowhere in Neopia. :rolleyes:

Frozen is not overrated.  But the new Beauty and the Beast is excellent.  I'm glad they fixed all the plot and character holes from the original.  As I expected with Emma Watson as Belle, they changed it *just* enough so that it didn't seem like she felt she was too good for the town, except that they didn't value education and she didn't want to fall into line with their expectations for her.

And yes, I think these will be more versatile outside of winter customizations.

I thought the pretty castle did look like faerieland's castle, at least maybe before the fall.  But I thought it was another example of lazy reuse of graphics.  I think, from the fact that everything else they've released has been pop culture themed, and that the description sounds like they are describing that movie, that it's highly likely.

@kirschteins Thanks so much for that big long post! I just have to accept that it's always a risk, and hope for the best.

I'm with @jellysundae, I think it's time to pull the trigger on this shopping cart. 

I've done it!

My former lab rat seems to be up to something - potentially nefarious - on the outer-lying reaches of the city wall...

medium_preview.png

Of course it may be something completely innocent, I've yet to decide with this guy, he's a bit of an enigma so far. I'm currently looking for some finishing touches to this, but I'm cool with it as it is if nothing presents itself, maybe the evolutions of the castle will provide something perfect! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh cool! I was wondering when it was going to happen.

And that confirms that this is a Beauty and the Beast item! lol.

Off to try things on!!

I think I'm learning things about Neo's evolving items that I'm not liking :ph34r:

I found I couldn't save the dress on my draik, it said I couldn't because I already had the item equiped...is this because I have the background on my zweetok? Can you only use one part of the set at once?

31 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I found I couldn't save the dress on my draik, it said I couldn't because I already had the item equiped...is this because I have the background on my zweetok? Can you only use one part of the set at once?

I'm pretty sure you can only use one at a time until the very end. Right now, the MME is essentially one single item that is 'morphing' into different forms. So obviously two pets can't wear it at once. After all the morphs are complete, you'll get one of each item, and then at that point you can use them separately as usual. 

Also, I think there's a delay in being able to actually use the new morphed version. It seems to have morphed around 12pm NST, and although the background was removed from my Buzz, the suit was not available to put on him at all even though it was in my closet. So hopefully that gets fixed soon (if it hasn't already, I haven't checked in over an hour...).

Is your xwee baby or something that can't wear clothes?  I was under the impression that when worn it would automatically change on the pet, so like instead of wearing the background, your xwee would now be wearing the dress.  Did you check to see if they were still wearing the background?

After it's done morphing, you'll get all the stages, and can use them all together or separately.

Make sure you do not trade a stage before it's done morphing.  If you do, whoever you give it to while it is morphing will get all the stages.

FYI Mini MME's are different and there are no active ones right now. They're ones that only morph once and you get all the items. This is a full fledged MME meaning it will morph 3 - 4 times and there will be stage A and B. Stage A will be for the one item ID and Stage B will be for the second item ID. You can read more about this on our guide, which I think should explain things a bit more clearly. If not let me know what is confuzzling you and I can take a look and maybe make some changes. Our guide is here:

http://thedailyneopets.com/customization-wearables/mmes/

It all made sense to me eventually yesterday, lol.

Initially I was getting things REALLY wrapped around my neck >_< See I tried the suit on my kacheek (but was fairly convinced that I'd not saved it) then went to try the dress on my draik, so was completely befuddled by why I couldn't save that when the suit was from the other item, wasn't it?! and I'd not even saved it anyway *brain fries* So I gave up and went away at that point because I was too confused.

Then, when I posted about this yesterday, I was clearly at least part way towards figuring it out because I'd realised not being able to equip the dress was to do with the background that I'd equipped to my xwee, not the suit,  It all became clear when, once I remembered about the background and opened up customisation for him, there he was looking resplendent in a frilly yellow dress. :laugh:

I'm so glad that in the main I can laugh at the antics of the disease-addled majority of my poor old brain, if I couldn't I'd probably have no frontal lobes left by now from banging my head against the wall so much. :arrowhead:

Saturday

@kayahtik how you liking the new items? Just realised it had morphed again today when I saw my draik was bald. :laugh:  I LOVE the new girls' hair, the guys' hair could almost work as fancy female hair, too, I think.

The ballroom and library backgrounds are gorgeous!! Totally no regrets about buying these items! :D

@jellysundae I don't use wigs on my pets, cause it makes them seem way too anthropomorphic and creepy for my tastes. (For some reason the hair does it, although the clothes don't...). But I really love the library background! I'm kind of 'meh' about the ballroom background though. I wish it weren't such an obvious copy from the animated Beauty and the Beast...but this goes back to my original complaint a couple of weeks ago about how lately Neo is just copying content from pop culture rather than coming up with something unique and interesting. 

7 hours ago, kayahtik said:

@jellysundae I don't use wigs on my pets, cause it makes them seem way too anthropomorphic and creepy for my tastes. (For some reason the hair does it, although the clothes don't...). But I really love the library background! I'm kind of 'meh' about the ballroom background though. I wish it weren't such an obvious copy from the animated Beauty and the Beast...but this goes back to my original complaint a couple of weeks ago about how lately Neo is just copying content from pop culture rather than coming up with something unique and interesting. 

I've not seen Beauty and the Beast so I wasn't aware of that, it would be super interesting to know how many Neopians were in your camp with regard to the pop culture content, and how many were loving it, I bet there's quite a split there! I'm fairly ambivalent about it myself, I think I'm looking at it from the perspective of at least if they're doing this there's a higher chance of attractive items.

So, will you be *gulps* braving the NC trading waters with the wigs then?

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So, will you be *gulps* braving the NC trading waters with the wigs then?

Well, they'll definitely go on my 'for trade' list, but I don't do much actual trading, so who knows if I'll end up actually getting anything in exchange for them. 

4 hours ago, charelan said:

So, is the morph over? I still don't have all of the items in my inventory, just the ballroom background. Does that mean there is still more to come?

Pretty sure that's what it means, yup! I wonder what the next thing will be...the banner for this set had a daytime picture of a castle didn't it, but there's already a background in this set. I'd guess at handhelds or foreground things yet?  After checking JN's guide; 3 morphs so far for this, which is the promised minimum for a full-size MME, looking at past ones I'd hope for 1 more morph yet and possibly a bonus item?

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Pretty sure that's what it means, yup! I wonder what the next thing will be...the banner for this set had a daytime picture of a castle didn't it, but there's already a background in this set. I'd guess at handhelds or foreground things yet?  After checking JN's guide; 3 morphs so far for this, which is the promised minimum for a full-size MME, looking at past ones I'd hope for 1 more morph yet and possibly a bonus item?

Cool! This was my first MME and you're right, I don't think there were any handhelds or anything yet so maybe that's what's coming? 

There's probably at least 1 - 2 more stages left for this MME. I'm interested to see what's next. I kind of like some of the pop culture references so that it's possible to dress your neopet up as say Belle. But I can understand where you're coming from in terms of originality and such. So it's kind of a split for me. I don't buy NC so it has no impact on me.

I think there must be a rose thing of some kind.  Maybe just a handheld rose, not one under glass, as the under glass might be TOO copying, to the point of falling under copyright.  That may be something that doesn't split into a/b, as it's important to both of them.  That's kind of how the plot happened, Belle asks her father to bring her a rose from the market every year, because it was her mother's favorite, and he forgets until he sees the rose trellis at the cursed castle, so he goes to pick a rose, and Beast decides that this is a crime worthy of life imprisonment.  So it could also be a rose trellis foreground.  There haven't been any foregrounds yet either.  

It annoys me that they did that *awful* Louis XIV prince wig.  (Yes, that's actually the wig that was awful in the movie)

There could also be a Louis XIV gaudy candlestick, a la Lumiere.  That could be handheld or background item.  A gaudy clock, a la Cogsworth.  A gaudy just about anything...  Teapot/chipped teacup.  

I feel like they probably won't go with any outdoor snow themed things, since I don't think they want it wintery (the castle was cursed during the winter, and part of the curse is that it stays winter and snowy there)

Ah, the enchanted mirror.  That might be a handheld, if they split them still, one rose one mirror.

If I had to guess about the rose, I'd guess that they'll copy the one rose in the movie that looked like a cheap plastic pen for little kids.

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

It annoys me that they did that *awful* Louis XIV prince wig.

Just popping in to obnoxiously point out that technically, it's not a Louis XIV wig. It's a revolutionary-era wig, which was about a century later than Louis XIV (who was born in the 1640s). His grandson, Louis XVI, on the other hand, would have very much enjoyed this wig in the mid-eighteenth century. :nerd:

In terms of future items, I would agree that a foreground and a handheld are probably the most likely. I really really hope they don't take another direct draw from the movies (either the animated, or more recent live-action). It would be possible for them to do something like a candlestick or teapot that aren't exact copies, which could be nice, versatile items. But given the way things have been going, I expect Mrs. Potts and/or Lumiere to show up any day now.

Hopefully it will morph again today! It's been a few days since the last one already.

So if we do get a handheld, we should at least avoid the ubiquitous staff?

Ah! I went off to DTI to count just how many staffs there are, lol, and see we have morphed again! And my draik has a frozen rose :laugh:

medium_preview.png

That's quite a pretty item, though it's a bit specific to be especially usable, isn't it.

Let's see what the other item is...ah, it's just the rose. Sooo, that means this is likely it for morphs?

Oh, and thank you for the history lesson, @kayahtik :D