NC Mall: New Unreleased MME Found!

hrtbrk

oh, it really is Beauty and the Beast!!!! <3 I'm loving it! <3
actually, I need to check whether I received the "beast's jacket" because I totally have the yellow ballroom dress, and I actually have two of the MME at once, each evolving it's own course... I hope once it's totally done, I am up with all the items.
Now I am in love with the rose under the glass cover <3 exactly as in B&tB... It's a shame the petals don't drop, though...

On 9/29/2017 at 6:24 PM, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, if the background would be worth 3-4 BGC, then it would be worth it to buy the MME just for the background.  And of 5 items, chances are you'll like some of them.

And if you are wanting NC items at all, it's better for you to get them, and then if you don't love some, you'll have items to trade for things you might love more.

At 5 items, each one will cost you less than just about any item (140NC each).  And since it's such a limited time thing, and people don't know what the later things are that they might like more, there may not be a whole lot sold, and especially there might be a lot more people who want it later.  So I'd think you'd be ahead.

uhm... guys, can anyone actually EXPLAIN how to sell / exchange NC items? I always see these galleries full of NC items I would like to have but wansn't lucky enough to obtain.. How to do this with other users, and how to sell them, too? Please can someone describe it a bit? many thanks :)

edit: sorry I post twice, I do not know how to edit and add a quote to the edited post :P pls merge if necessary :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add new/additional comments. If you make a mistake, instead of posting about it, please use the report post option and our mods will look into it and fix it for you.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Just popping in to obnoxiously point out that technically, it's not a Louis XIV wig. It's a revolutionary-era wig, which was about a century later than Louis XIV (who was born in the 1640s). His grandson, Louis XVI, on the other hand, would have very much enjoyed this wig in the mid-eighteenth century. :nerd:

In terms of future items, I would agree that a foreground and a handheld are probably the most likely. I really really hope they don't take another direct draw from the movies (either the animated, or more recent live-action). It would be possible for them to do something like a candlestick or teapot that aren't exact copies, which could be nice, versatile items. But given the way things have been going, I expect Mrs. Potts and/or Lumiere to show up any day now.

Hopefully it will morph again today! It's been a few days since the last one already.

Ah, I guess I forgot which Louis was into the ridiculous gilt and fragile furniture and stuff that the castle is full of.  14, 16, I wasn't sure (at one point I actually tried to look it up, because I couldn't remember) they all sound the same. I never liked that style, so the proper name didn't stick with me.  I had almost just referred to it as Louis.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

So if we do get a handheld, we should at least avoid the ubiquitous staff?

Ah! I went off to DTI to count just how many staffs there are, lol, and see we have morphed again! And my draik has a frozen rose :laugh:

medium_preview.png

That's quite a pretty item, though it's a bit specific to be especially usable, isn't it.

Let's see what the other item is...ah, it's just the rose. Sooo, that means this is likely it for morphs?

Oh, and thank you for the history lesson, @kayahtik :D

Apparently they decided that it wasn't way too specific to be verging into copyright...  The new company isn't a subsidiary of Disney is it?  Because a lot of the new outfits have been Marvel and Disney and stuff that might be owned by Disney.

Do you have all the items in your inventory?  If not, there's another morph.  I think as soon as the last morph happens you get them all.

51 minutes ago, jagocianka said:

uhm... guys, can anyone actually EXPLAIN how to sell / exchange NC items? I always see these galleries full of NC items I would like to have but wansn't lucky enough to obtain.. How to do this with other users, and how to sell them, too? Please can someone describe it a bit? many thanks :)

edit: sorry I post twice, I do not know how to edit and add a quote to the edited post :P pls merge if necessary :)

You know the gift boxes you sometimes get from Trudy?  If you have one of those and an NC item in your inventory, you can click the gift box, choose an NC item, and send it to someone else.  The trading is very much honor system.  You and someone else agree "I'll send you this and you send me that".  NC trading is not officially supported by TNT, and if someone scams you, I don't think they'll do anything about it.

Because your posts were on the next page, I didn't see them, so now I can answer the second question too.  If you hit quote, then you can cut and paste the quote into the edited post from a new post....

If you got an A form and a B form (you can check IDs before buying, as discussed in articles listed earlier in this post) then you should have the prince items.

-bangs head on desk repeatedly-
I had hoped for anything but the rose...
...well, it seems my wish sort of came true, because I don't have it. All the other items are in my inventory, but not the rose. Was that the bonus item? 

And, to continue my side note, @balloongal247, you're right--Louis XIV, also known as "the sun king," is the one who commissioned the Palace of Versailles, which is basically nothing but gold and pink marble. How extra can you get?! So that being said, I guess this wig would be historically inaccurate for the context of the film! Shame on you, Disney. 

Anyway, I've had similar thoughts with regards to the copyright issues. There are also other references, like to Jon Snow and Daenerys from Game of Thrones, and the Chucky outfit that came out on one of the pet days recently. How are they getting away with this? 

The only bright side (from my position, at least) is that most people are really happy with the blatant rip-offs, so hopefully these MME items will trade for a decent value and I can get something I actually like in exchange. At the moment, the only things I can see myself keeping are the castle and library backgrounds, and maybe the suit. 

23 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

-bangs head on desk repeatedly-
I had hoped for anything but the rose...
...well, it seems my wish sort of came true, because I don't have it. All the other items are in my inventory, but not the rose. Was that the bonus item? 

And, to continue my side note, @balloongal247, you're right--Louis XIV, also known as "the sun king," is the one who commissioned the Palace of Versailles, which is basically nothing but gold and pink marble. How extra can you get?! So that being said, I guess this wig would be historically inaccurate for the context of the film! Shame on you, Disney. 

Anyway, I've had similar thoughts with regards to the copyright issues. There are also other references, like to Jon Snow and Daenerys from Game of Thrones, and the Chucky outfit that came out on one of the pet days recently. How are they getting away with this? 

The only bright side (from my position, at least) is that most people are really happy with the blatant rip-offs, so hopefully these MME items will trade for a decent value and I can get something I actually like in exchange. At the moment, the only things I can see myself keeping are the castle and library backgrounds, and maybe the suit. 

Did you have the MME on a pet?  The rose might be in your customization still.

Maybe they confused their Louis' too.  Or maybe the prince was in the XVI era, but just really liked XIV decorating.  I mean, there are STILL people who think that looks good.

Well, like clowns and snow clothes, while they are strongly reminiscent of those things, are also just things.  The rose under glass case is pretty much JUST beauty and the beast!

19 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Oh my goodness, I knew this whole thing was a Disney rip-off, but everything I'd seen so far could have passed as "heavily inspired by"... But THIS:

medium_preview.png

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen :bigeyed:

Yeah, those are definitely the ones from the animated...

Also, where are they that they are looking off a balcony at the castle, which is unenchanted?  If they are objects, the castle should be enchanted, and they should be in it.  There's no OTHER castle that they can see.  Just a "provincial" village.

Which had WAY too many people in the village music numbers in the new live action.  It's supposed to be a small, small minded village.  Those don't have 100 people downtown at once.

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

Oh my goodness, I knew this whole thing was a Disney rip-off, but everything I'd seen so far could have passed as "heavily inspired by"... But THIS:

medium_preview.png

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen :bigeyed:

Technically Disney couldn't really do anything unless the characters had eyes and every part of them looked like the Beauty and Beast Characters. xD I'm super excited about these though!

Also I think they are in some type of garden villa in the castle courtyard, not the castle itself, the plants and the stone used remind me of a balcony in some type of garden

24 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Where's that castle picture come from? *is totally lost* :blush:

It's the MME bonus item.

I think the background would be much better without the characters on it. They look pasted in as an after thought.

The rose trinket is quite nice but terrible execution once again.

Ah, I found my rose. Roses, actually--I have two since I bought both versions of the MME. Joy. 

Welp, mark me down as pretty disappointed in this experience. I honestly can't believe that bonus item, I don't even have words for how annoyed I am. I really hope this stuff makes for good trading fodder, or else it will have been quite a waste of $20. 

It's been an interesting experience for me, too! On the whole I'm pretty happy, considering how disappointed I could have been, lol. Let's take a look at each item.

• spooky castle background is great
  • yellow dress - very pretty, and looks good shape-wise on my draik. I not hugely fond of how it looks with her green skin but I'll find a way to make it work.
  • Blue suit - wasn't overly fond of this, makes my kacheek look a bit of a pompous fat berk, oh BUT...looks pretty spiffy on my xwee! Suits him very well!

medium_preview.png

• the lovely brown waves wig IS lovely. I like that a lot and it looks very pretty on my draik.
  • The Louis [insert number here] wig...ALMOST looks pretty on my draik, in a slightly staid Princess Anne kind of way. On my kacheek? More fat pompous berk...
  • both interior backgrounds - I like them a lot, but especially the library!! Little Tafe now has a room I'm supremely jealous of, look at what he has...high ceiling, gorgeous wooden floor (really like the detail on the floor that's hidden by the pet, lol), LOADS of books in antique bookcases, a huge window, and a mass of big houseplants. I could LIVE in that room.

medium_preview.png

• the trinket's naff and a waste of an item
  • I'm sad I didn't get the bonus background because that's pretty

So on the whole I've done ok here. The rose is a bust as far as I'm concerned, doubt I'll find much use for that, or the poncey wig, but other than that I'll get good mileage from this set, so I still don't regret buying it. :D

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

It's been an interesting experience for me, too! On the whole I'm pretty happy, considering how disappointed I could have been, lol. Let's take a look at each item.

• spooky castle background is great
  • yellow dress - very pretty, and looks good shape-wise on my draik. I not hugely fond of how it looks with her green skin but I'll find a way to make it work.
  • Blue suit - wasn't overly fond of this, makes my kacheek look a bit of a pompous fat berk, oh BUT...looks pretty spiffy on my xwee! Suits him very well!

medium_preview.png

• the lovely brown waves wig IS lovely. I like that a lot and it looks very pretty on my draik.
  • The Louis [insert number here] wig...ALMOST looks pretty on my draik, in a slightly staid Princess Anne kind of way. On my kacheek? More fat pompous berk...
  • both interior backgrounds - I like them a lot, but especially the library!! Little Tafe now has a room I'm supremely jealous of, look at what he has...high ceiling, gorgeous wooden floor (really like the detail on the floor that's hidden by the pet, lol), LOADS of books in antique bookcases, a huge window, and a mass of big houseplants. I could LIVE in that room.

medium_preview.png

• the trinket's naff and a waste of an item
  • I'm sad I didn't get the bonus background because that's pretty

So on the whole I've done ok here. The rose is a bust as far as I'm concerned, doubt I'll find much use for that, or the poncey wig, but other than that I'll get good mileage from this set, so I still don't regret buying it. :D

I feel like that's almost how Disney intended it....  Belle is awesome and beautiful.  The prince's outfit (what they used here is from pre-transformation, and when he's trying to kind of be what he used to be...)  illustrates what a pompous fat berk he is (I think I like this term "berk" I don't know exactly what it means, or if you just made it up in order to adhere to neo level sensoring, but I like it, and feel I understand)

7 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

(I think I like this term "berk" I don't know exactly what it means, or if you just made it up in order to adhere to neo level sensoring, but I like it, and feel I understand)

Haha, I'm ALWAYS happy to teach people British slang terms! *doffs cap* and while I'd love to say I made that word up, it pre-dates me by a good few decades, originates from the '30s apparently. A berk's basically an idiot, it's a fun word that's fallen out of use now because people tend to jump straight in there with far ruder terms now, definitely one more in use by grandparents and so on, it's time it had a revival! Along with twerp, that's another goodun'.  xD

Does it still fit now that you know what it means? And, more importantly, will you work it into your personal lexicon? ;D

5 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Technically Disney couldn't really do anything unless the characters had eyes and every part of them looked like the Beauty and Beast Characters. xD I'm super excited about these though!

Really, not including the eyes is all they have to do to get away with it? This is so blatant, they might as well have drawn Mickey Mouse on there! Wait a minute...

I just remembered they released this item not long ago, called "Mousy Pirate Headband":
Clo_acc_mousy_headband

rofl. This kind of stuff makes me feel like I'm on Marapets...

hmm, i'm a tad disappointed, for one I somehow managed to put the MME item on the only male pet I had at the time (now female again), and so got stuck with male items, (my fault I know, my first time at MME and I didn't realise how it worked) and two, the whole process has been split right until the last item?! couldn't they have done the rose for the fifth stage for Belle, and the teapot/clock as a foreground for Beast and then the background without the characters as a bonus? 

i don't often complain about these things, but I actually am miffed this time :( I do like the backgrounds though, so that's something.

What exactly is the MME anyways? I've never used it? Do you get a new item every-time or does it just morph into something different?

22 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

What exactly is the MME anyways? I've never used it? Do you get a new item every-time or does it just morph into something different?

Check out our MME guide for more information and what you all get with an MME. :D

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, I'm ALWAYS happy to teach people British slang terms! *doffs cap* and while I'd love to say I made that word up, it pre-dates me by a good few decades, originates from the '30s apparently. A berk's basically an idiot, it's a fun word that's fallen out of use now because people tend to jump straight in there with far ruder terms now, definitely one more in use by grandparents and so on, it's time it had a revival! Along with twerp, that's another goodun'.  xD

Does it still fit now that you know what it means? And, more importantly, will you work it into your personal lexicon? ;D

Yes, and yes.  I like the more interesting terms.  I like words that actually have meaning, not just rude words that people say for the sake of saying them.  I use words from a book I love that don't exist here.  I call my dogs "mumpers" which is what they call beggars, and the main character sometimes uses it for children and pets.

And yeah, that's kind of what I was figuring it would mean.  Or jerk.

8 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

hmm, i'm a tad disappointed, for one I somehow managed to put the MME item on the only male pet I had at the time (now female again), and so got stuck with male items, (my fault I know, my first time at MME and I didn't realise how it worked) and two, the whole process has been split right until the last item?! couldn't they have done the rose for the fifth stage for Belle, and the teapot/clock as a foreground for Beast and then the background without the characters as a bonus? 

i don't often complain about these things, but I actually am miffed this time :( I do like the backgrounds though, so that's something.

It didn't have anything to do with the gender of the pet wearing it.  It had to do with the item code of the one you bought.  From the time you bought it, it was already decided whether it'd be a or b, which in this case was gendered.   I think usually the two forms are mostly the same with just one or two variations.  This was unusual that the two capsules were entirely different except first and last.

12 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

It didn't have anything to do with the gender of the pet wearing it.  It had to do with the item code of the one you bought.  From the time you bought it, it was already decided whether it'd be a or b, which in this case was gendered.   I think usually the two forms are mostly the same with just one or two variations.  This was unusual that the two capsules were entirely different except first and last.

oh! okay then, well that's a bit better then, see I still don't understand this MME!

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Berk! So adding to my own personal lexicon. 

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Yes, and yes.  I like the more interesting terms.  I like words that actually have meaning, not just rude words that people say for the sake of saying them.  I use words from a book I love that don't exist here.  I call my dogs "mumpers" which is what they call beggars, and the main character sometimes uses it for children and pets.

Mumper is another fun word! it sounds pretty old English to me, I can totally imagine Dickens using it, what book did you read it in?

26 minutes ago, charelan said:

Berk! So adding to my own personal lexicon. 

You ladies make me happy. :D There's not enough use these days of non-offensive insult names. I had a conversation with @deboratibi about this, and taught her the delightful Yorkshire phrase of "spawny-eyed wazzock" and challenged her to use that on her fellow Brazilians if the opportunity arose, I bet she hasn't!! :laugh:

That does sound quite a bit ruder than berk or twerp, doesn't it, despite it being just nonsense words. Interestingly enough, I think the average Brit is more likely to use the term berk about themselves, like if you've done something silly and you're telling someone else about it, you'd say you felt a bit of a berk.

Juggins is another good one, anyone who's read Terry Pratchett's Jingo will have come across Leonard of Quirm calling himself a bit of a juggins, it's such a cute word that's surely not going to offend anyone.

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Mumper is another fun word! it sounds pretty old English to me, I can totally imagine Dickens using it, what book did you read it in?

You ladies make me happy. :D There's not enough use these days of non-offensive insult names. I had a conversation with @deboratibi about this, and taught her the delightful Yorkshire phrase of "spawny-eyed wazzock" and challenged her to use that on her fellow Brazilians if the opportunity arose, I bet she hasn't!! :laugh:

That does sound quite a bit ruder than berk or twerp, doesn't it, despite it being just nonsense words. Interestingly enough, I think the average Brit is more likely to use the term berk about themselves, like if you've done something silly and you're telling someone else about it, you'd say you felt a bit of a berk.

Juggins is another good one, anyone who's read Terry Pratchett's Jingo will have come across Leonard of Quirm calling himself a bit of a juggins, it's such a cute word that's surely not going to offend anyone.

Mumper is from Tamora Pierce's Beka Cooper Trilogy (Terrier, Bloodhound, Mastiff).  Her books take place in the kind of magical alternate universe that is kind of old timey Europe.  And these books take place 200 years before the other books in this universe.  So it is supposed to sound pretty old.  They can stand alone, but I think you'll get more of the jokes if you read at least the Lioness quartet first.  The prologue and epilogue in Beka's books include diary entries from characters in the Lioness books (which was the author's first books, Beka is much newer), who are Beka's descendants.  And there's stuff in them that are way funnier if you know who they are and what happens after those diary entries.  Of her books, only Beka's are diary style, and it's a diary where she writes down everything everyone says or does, in order to keep her memory sharp.

Tamora Pierce is my favorite author.

I feel like we've gone off on a tangent, and are in danger of a reprimand for being off topic....  I blame TNT, because they made this topic ambiguous.  Like, is it about nc items?  Is it about pop culture?  Is it about historical French culture, and various Louis' styles?  Is it about various terms you could use to describe someone who wears those prince clothes?  Who even knows anymore?

2 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I feel like we've gone off on a tangent, and are in danger of a reprimand for being off topic....  I blame TNT, because they made this topic ambiguous.  Like, is it about nc items?  Is it about pop culture?  Is it about historical French culture, and various Louis' styles?  Is it about various terms you could use to describe someone who wears those prince clothes?  Who even knows anymore?

I was worrying about going off topic too! But it's good that a Neo item can generate interesting related RL conversation. :D I wonder if the next MME will manage to do the same! Considering the current plundering of pop culture, I wonder what the next MME will be...

Hahaha! Yup, I'm most amused by the Disney characters being removed.  :laugh:

My kacheek says you will have to pry the library background from his cold dead hands, so no help from me in that regard, Deb!