New TDN Forum Member :)

etrnldarkness

*waves* Hello everyone!

I have been a member of neopets for over 10 years (this account though will state 8.5 - we all know how that can go). I recently came back to playing after about a 5 year complete break (with sporadic log ins) due to losing my original account. I have been on TDN for a little while and decided I wanted to be a part of the community in a greater capacity so here I am!

I am a mother/caregiver of two children and I homeschool one of them. This leaves a somewhat relaxed schedule in the house usually except we are also building an addition at the moment so chaos naturally ensues :P

I love the color pink, fairies (soup faerie on neo is my favorite), dragons, and other mythical creatures. I enjoy reading and writing as well.

When it comes to neopets since I am newly playing again (steady for a few months now since returning) I haven't quite found my addiction yet. I mostly poke my guild and do the stocks + food club. I like hoarding too so that helps. ;) I used to be into avatars and try here and there for one but definitely not as hardcore when I was younger, lol.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. See you around the boards!

Hi!  Welcome to the forums!  When you've been on a little while, maybe even next month, you can use the TDN avatar lending program to help you collect more avatars. Some of the lends have post requirements, others reduced collateral for certain post thresholds.

@naime Thank you! So far the forums overall seem to have a really nice feel to them with a friendly atmosphere. Greatly appreciated and hard to find on many forums nowadays (oh boy, may be showing my age here).

@balloongal247 Thank you for the welcome! Ohh avatar lending? I will have to investigate this some more in a couple months. :) Thanks for the tip! 

EDIT: Aha I see the forum with more info on this. I'll read up on it :)

Welcome! Hope to see you around :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts 7 words or greater.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to TDN's forums!

Those posts will be there in no time, you can use the "unread content" button and just read the posts. Look at it as if you step up with a group of friends talking about something, if you would join the conversation by saying something about the topic you reply. There will be plenty of things where you can tribute. Help people with questions, share an opinion or idea, tell what you think of new items/plots/events

Anything basically. Even if you have questions yourself about something you can create a new topic (just make sure to browse through the existing topics first, a lot of information is already here). It's just being a bit social and getting to know everyone, it's no different than in real life.

3 hours ago, lilhouseinthewoods said:

Hello. I've been playing for a few years but only recently learned about TDN. I'm definitely new to this forum stuff though. But I need at least 25 posts to be able to borrow a neopet for an avatar. I could sure use some advice on how to go about getting 25 posts.

Remember to read the rules so you're aware of them and don't break them. Continuous rule breaking will hurt your chances at being accepted for pet lends. Also the 25 posts is just a requirement, so don't be shocked if you're turned down right away. We have a certain system we follow in terms of post count and avatars. The higher your avatars, the lower your post count and vice versa.

There's plenty of things to discuss each week. You can post on the General Chat boards, in our News threads and Customization News thread as well. In addition there's the upcoming plot that should be happening soon as well as GMC at the end of the month and the Advent Calendar next month. Plenty of areas to increase your post count without taking ages. :D

Oh and welcome to the Forums! :D

@lilhouseinthewoods Midnight Cat & Mouseykins gave some really great advice - sorry I am late in chiming in from now until January can be super busy in the household with holidays, vacations, planning etc.

To me the easiest method is not to worry about hitting the 25 posts, simply look for topics that you find interesting. I lurk the introductions section a lot since it is always nice to meet new people and I feel a lot of greetings from forum members can help give someone a pleasant first impression. That being said - don't try to find 25 threads in introductions and spam them. There are rules to follow to make sure you aren't just posting willy nilly. 

Neopets general chat, neopets help, and general chat are all great places to start slowly at. Especially if you're not usually a forum person. In general chats you'll find more laid back conversation (and some sillyness!) and in neopets help, if you see a new thread you may be able to help a person figure out there problem which is always a bonus (for yourself, it won't affect the ALP standing I think).

Happy posting and looking forward to seeing you around!