Has anyone else noticed this? What did you see at the Faerie Festival?

Trea

Don’t forget to visit Fyora and friends at the Faerie Festival! Neopians from far and wide have already made an appearance. In fact, it’s been so busy that it’s become clear that some who have attended were not familiar at all…

faeriefestival_illu_final_news.gif

Have you heard the buzz about the shadowy and unrecognizable figure that appeared nearby? This visitor disappeared in the blink of an eye that it has most of us hinking that we dreamed it up!

Did any of you see a shadowy figure? I had a "something has happened" that gave me lottery numbers, but nothing else.

I think the only portrayal of the shadowy figure is what's in the avatar. At least, that's the only place that I've seen it, I'm aware that that doesn't necessarily mean a thing. :laughingsmiley:

I notice that on that art only Illusen looks the same as always to me, all the other faeries seem to be new art which is nice (nice that it's not re-used art, not nice that they don't look quite right). Though I wish the artist wouldn't do that drawing the eyes over the hair thing, drives me wild when people do that. >_< Or is the soup faerie simply wearing MASSIVE false eyelashes? Because that's just the kind of thing that she'd do, right? :laughingsmiley:

Fyora looks like she's had a facelift because of the exaggerated slant to her eyes, and the cheekbone definition which I notice she's not usually drawn with. Makes me think of Cher. xD

Yeah, I don't think they bothered actually coding in any shadowy figures.  That's why they said that it was there and gone so fast that nobody really saw it. 

Yeah, the avatar has the wraith full on attacking, and Fyora being horrified, not just a shadowy figure someone did or did not see...

I think they are all supposed to be wraiths.

They "accidentally" released the item for the wraith attacks to the NC mall for a little while when they released the slingshots. 

For more on wraiths attacking faerieland during the faerie festival, see:

http://thedailyneopets.com/faeries-ruin/index/

I notice that on that art only Illusen looks the same as always to me, all the other faeries seem to be new art which is nice (nice that it's not re-used art, not nice that they don't look quite right)

Actually, all of it is reused art :P Most of the faeries we saw at this year's festival and the ones in the image of the first post come from the Faerie Festival of 2010 (which had already used old art, but at least they updated it and there was new artwork too). Some others come directly from the Faerie Quest page.

52 minutes ago, Hanso said:

Actually, all of it is reused art :P Most of the faeries we saw at this year's festival and the ones in the image of the first post come from the Faerie Festival of 2010 (which had already used old art, but at least they updated it and there was new artwork too). Some others come directly from the Faerie Quest page.

Sooo, not only are they reusing the plot of the faerie's ruin, they are reusing the art?  Did they have the last 7 years erased from their memories, and they think that it is 2010, and are just confused as to why faerieland is on the ground?

• 3 weeks later...

So...it's already late October, and almost nothing has happened yet on the faerie festival.  Is it me, or are they releasing this plot in a PAINFULLY slow manner?  I can check in once a week, and ***maybe*** there will be a little more text.   I find that the draggy pace is making me lose interest.

46 minutes ago, suzanoberle said:

So...it's already late October, and almost nothing has happened yet on the faerie festival.  Is it me, or are they releasing this plot in a PAINFULLY slow manner?  I can check in once a week, and ***maybe*** there will be a little more text.   I find that the draggy pace is making me lose interest.

Scrappy stated recently that they're having to drag it out a bit longer then intended due to other site maintenance tasks and with the new company that bought JumpStart. It was originally speculated that the plot would begin in November so I think they're just stalling until then.

This is still posted on the Neoboards:

theneopetsteam
The Neopets Team

tntasplode.gif
212 Months

1.png
rackatackatackata
Active Neopet
Posted: 16 Oct 2017 - 11:41 am  

Hello Fellow Neopians! Scrappy here!

I'm here to level with you guys and let you know what's the deal here! As you may have noticed, Fyora is a little slow in assembling her troops to respond to the events at the Faerie Festival. Believe me, Scrappy (and the rest of TNT) wants the battle to begin more than anyone!!

However, due to happenings in the TNT offices (the acquiring previously mentioned), priorities had to shift slightly. Don't get me wrong, it is a GREAT thing! We have so much excitement happening here and there are soooo many things in the works for you guys! But sadly, that took us slightly off schedule.

So, Fyora is waiting on our word, which I promise you is coming! Then, the battle will begin! I understand any and all frustration due to the delay but in the long run I think it will be worth it! So, remain the wonderfully patient Neopians that you are, keep training and you will be rewarded smiley.gif

Stay cool, my friends!
-Scrappy

P.S. Don't forget to go check out Haunted Hijinks smiley.gif
spacer.gif