Ghoul Catchers unresponsive

Vlagopus

Hi! About half an hour into playing Ghoul Catchers on Facebook, it became unresponsive, so I closed Safari and tried to log back in again. I got past the "Loading" page but was stuck on the screen that says "Welcome Back". Tried clicking on "Play" but no response. Anyone else experiencing similar problems and any idea what I should do?

Also I can't seem to find Ghoul Catchers on iOS App Store... is it just me?

56 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Hi! About half an hour into playing Ghoul Catchers on Facebook, it became unresponsive, so I closed Safari and tried to log back in again. I got past the "Loading" page but was stuck on the screen that says "Welcome Back". Tried clicking on "Play" but no response. Anyone else experiencing similar problems and any idea what I should do?

Also I can't seem to find Ghoul Catchers on iOS App Store... is it just me?

So, a couple of things with Ghoul Catchers:

1. Ghoul Catchers no longer works on Facebook. TNT/JS hasn't said anything as to why it is no longer working on Facebook, either. All you get is "Welcome Back --", and the "--" is where your Neo user name should be. That has been happening since January of this year (2017). It is now, almost October - 10 months. I don't know it they will fix it or not. Also, Firefox and Chrome no longer support the Unity Web Player plugin, which is what Ghoul Catchers uses on Facebook, so it limits what browser you can use, to play it, if it ever gets fixed.

2. Around the same time, January 2017, the Ghoul Catchers app was removed from the Apple App Store, for all locations. Again, no word from TNT/JS as to why. Also, Ghoul Catchers was created in 2015. The last time the app was updated was on May 7, 2015. From an app perspective, that is a fairly old app, for it to not be updated.

3. Ghoul Catchers is available from the Google Play Store, however, the app states it is "incompatible", with many newer Android devices. It is "hit or miss" on if it is compatible. There are work-arounds, and can post, if interested.

Someone asked this question, from the Neopian Times Editorial, 23rd day of Relaxing, Y19, (23 June, 2017), Question #2, concerning the Ghoul Catchers app, in the App Store, and here is the corresponding answer:

"What happened to the Ghoul Catchers app? It's not on the app store anymore. Has it been discontinued or something? ~zuko_fan_girl_1"
"I'm glad you brought this up! Do not fret, our team has noticed the issue and is working diligently to fix this as quickly as possible!! We are hoping to get this fixed and back up and running very soon but it WILL be back!"

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=787

So, bottom line, it is not just you on iOS, and everyone is experiencing the same thing on Facebook.

Here's to hoping they fix it!

EDIT: Forgot to add. For those playing on Facebook for the FIRST time, Ghoul Catchers works and will let you play. Once you quit, however, and try to go back, you will get the "Welcome Back --" message and not be able to play. Strange.

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

So, a couple of things with Ghoul Catchers:

1. Ghoul Catchers no longer works on Facebook. TNT/JS hasn't said anything as to why it is no longer working on Facebook, either. All you get is "Welcome Back --", and the "--" is where your Neo user name should be. That has been happening since January of this year (2017). It is now, almost October - 10 months. I don't know it they will fix it or not. Also, Firefox and Chrome no longer support the Unity Web Player plugin, which is what Ghoul Catchers uses on Facebook, so it limits what browser you can use, to play it, if it ever gets fixed.

2. Around the same time, January 2017, the Ghoul Catchers app was removed from the Apple App Store, for all locations. Again, no word from TNT/JS as to why. Also, Ghoul Catchers was created in 2015. The last time the app was updated was on May 7, 2015. From an app perspective, that is a fairly old app, for it to not be updated.

3. Ghoul Catchers is available from the Google Play Store, however, the app states it is "incompatible", with many newer Android devices. It is "hit or miss" on if it is compatible. There are work-arounds, and can post, if interested.

Someone asked this question, from the Neopian Times Editorial, 23rd day of Relaxing, Y19, (23 June, 2017), Question #2, concerning the Ghoul Catchers app, in the App Store, and here is the corresponding answer:

"What happened to the Ghoul Catchers app? It's not on the app store anymore. Has it been discontinued or something? ~zuko_fan_girl_1"
"I'm glad you brought this up! Do not fret, our team has noticed the issue and is working diligently to fix this as quickly as possible!! We are hoping to get this fixed and back up and running very soon but it WILL be back!"

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=787

So, bottom line, it is not just you on iOS, and everyone is experiencing the same thing on Facebook.

Here's to hoping they fix it!

EDIT: Forgot to add. For those playing on Facebook for the FIRST time, Ghoul Catchers works and will let you play. Once you quit, however, and try to go back, you will get the "Welcome Back --" message and not be able to play. Strange.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I hope they'll fix it eventually, along with Key Quest perhaps

Hi. I use GC on my Android phone. It stopped working for me a few months ago and then I changed my Neopets password and it started working again. I have Android version 7.1.1 on a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. These days I'm trying to get all stars in Faerie land as that's the only area I don't have all the stars. I've been patiently waiting for them to update it and add new content but that seems as if it's not going to be anytime soon. Just like Key Quest :sad: I hope you can get it to work again for you soon.