I have returned to NP, but am brand-new here

samuraimom

My daughter and I joined Neopets one night in I think '04 because we were bored. Little did I know . . . it was one of my main play outlets during my dissertation. Then life went all to heck for a while & I drifted away from my pets and fat bank account and carefully acquired STUFF. I would check in every year or so, but weirdly it took Flight Rising to bring me back--I was having fun over there, and it made me homesick for Neopia.

tl;dr: I was away for 8+ years, but came back. Woohoo!

And thanks to the nice people on the forum who diagnosed my Flash problem!

etrnldarkness, that's a good question! It fulfills some sort of hidden acquisitiveness. Filling my SDB was a peak experience for me, as was making my first million NP. (This latter came at a bad time--I was manning the front desk at my office, and yelled "Woohoo! I don't *think* anybody heard me . . .) And nurturing--making sure my pets are fed and trying to raise their intelligence levels. (OMG that *is* how I raised my kids LOL!) What about you?

@samuraimom Haha, love the parallel between your pets and kids :P When it comes to neo I mostly play the stocks, food club, and chat with my guild. My guild helped keep me around neo instead of floating off like I usually do - having that contact helps a lot!

Still trying to refind my complete passion on there. Haven't found it yet. On my original account it used to be avatars and I'd spend an insane amount of time working on game avatars (12+ hours on meepit juice break zen mode...) So trying not to get sucked back down that rabbit hole, lol. No time as an adult!

Heh, whenever I run into that pipe mechanic in other games, I *still* think, "Meepits!" And that wasn't even the first time I'd run into that game! There's something about the little sounds they make. I didn't know there was an avatar . . . *slaps self*

OK, yes. You're right. Absolutely no time as an adult! :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

@okkusu: I am too new here to figure out how to do that, so I went and copied what Scoobert_Doo said in his very kind response:

For Flash and Chrome:

1. Go to Neopets, with Chrome.

2. Click on the circle with the "i" in the center, located to the left of the web address.

3. In the list that opens, look for "Flash".

4. Change it from "Ask (default)", to "Always allow on this site".

5. Refresh the page and see if the Closet is working.

That has worked for many, but not for all. Hopefully, it works for you. The "Closet" on Neopets is Flash based.

Best of luck to you! I can add that if you use other browsers, usually Googling "Firefox" (or whatever) "Flash problem" should get you to the requisite place.

Sometimes the hardest part of any problem is how to phrase the question!

5 hours ago, lilhouseinthewoods said:

Hello, I'm new to the forums also. But I'm glad I came on here as I've been having problems with customization as well . I will try what you suggested and hope it works.

If you're on a Mac and have a lot of items in your closet, Customize won't load for some reason. I have an iMac with everything fully updated and can't customize my pets. I have to use my husband's computer. So if it's just Customize you're having problems with maybe try a different browser or computer if available. If this is not the case then your best bet is to follow @Scoobert_Doo's instructions quoted above. Good luck getting things to work!

Hi there, I started as a kid playing on this website in 2005 and enjoyed the plots that used to occur. In time I was fascinated and got used to logging on every day to improve my Battledome pets for the upcoming battle related to plots, however battling wasn't the only thing that attracted me on neopets,because of Neopets I ended up learning some basics regarding the HTML codes and by time I ended up doing the search of images to be used either on the guild page that I was member of or edit several images into one on requests to be used by other players. Unfortunately, my interest in the website came to halt due to real life matters that were more concerning and had to be dealt with. Now after my absence I return back to the website when I have the chance on a daily basis.