Really Bad Day

WhiteWolf

Ever have one of those stone-cold, shoulda-seen-that-one-coming days? Today was mine. My bad day started out innocently enough. Call to check on tomorrow's doctor's appointment, and find out if I have to fast. No fasting, which good because that makes me cranky. Then I go to bank and they won't cash a check because it's over the daily limit and from another bank. So just deposit the thing into my account. As a result, I have to wait two to three business days before I see the money. Not happy with that one. To make matters worse, the teller is acting like I don't know anything. I've been going to that bank for more than five years, btw.

Next comes the CVS across the street. Now this should be the most boring errand on earth. Snag my meds, and a few toiletries. I end up waiting for my meds which were supposed to be ready. Ten minutes pass, and it's all good. I get outside, and it's pouring rain! At this point, I had my fiance call Uber for a ride home. This should be the end of my rant, but no. The woman didn't  speak english, and refused to turn left onto a major street. A left turn onto said street is perfectly legal, so I have no idea what her problem was. My fiance and I wound up giving her turn by turn directions on where we needed to go.

Needless to say, I had a monster stress headache when we got home. My apologies if I offended any Uber drivers here.

16 hours ago, acorah said:

Uber has just lost its licence to operate here in London.

Yeah, but it's having zero impact on it actually operating, by the look of it!

The Independent - Is Uber still working in the UK