Jump to content
The Daily Neopets Forum
lianakos

Vote for Obelisk War! Round 118!

Which faction are you joining for the 118th round?  

20 members have voted

  1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 118th round?

    • Awakened
      4
    • The Sway
      12
    • Order of the Red Erisim
      4


Recommended Posts

Which faction are you joining for the 118th round?

So, vote!

Good luck!

PS. You must win in 10 battles each round in order to win the boons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week's predictions

 

Obelisk Team Last Win Win % Prediction
Awakened 6 rounds ago 34% 43%
The Order 4 rounds ago 25% 18%
The Sway 3 rounds ago 56% 39%

 

Not looking bad for Sway, I'm up for joining them to help @twilight790 out, what say you fellow Bunners? @tk421beth @midnight_spell360 @Scoobert_Doo ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

what say you fellow Bunners?

                             1r9z5x.jpg   

Our choices:   The Awakened (where supernatural eeriness reigns supreme)

                        The Order of Red Erism (where arrogance reigns supreme)

                       The Sway (where wealth and power reigns supreme)

:medieval:To arms, legs, and buns! We BATTLE OUR cinnamon-swirl.gifcinnamon-swirl.gifOFF!!!! It is to be the "Fellowship of the Buns", with all of the LOTR references for THE SWAY bc @jellysundae has chosen...and the BOONS call to us! :snitch:  I could use some help right about now! :dance::nod_yes:

                                                                                                                                   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Topbom said:

I still need the "order" avatar.... aaah what to do what to do

Just going by the prediction from Oxbridge Order's not the best option this time around. But on the other hand, the Obelisk does like to mess with us so who really knows what the best move is?

Yeah, that's me being super helpful there. :laugh::blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's hope we can pull it out of the bag this time around, our success rate's a bit hit and miss, isn't it. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sway it is, then, with our fearless leader @jellysundae! To battle with my Bunmates, like a happy, unaware, lemming following the other lemmings off a cliff! I always have fun, no matter whether I win or lose. It is nice to be with the winning faction and get boons, but you can win them all, as the saying goes. Good luck, all, no matter what faction you joined, and have fun in the Battledome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The Sway it is, then, with our fearless leader @jellysundae! To battle with my Bunmates, like a happy, unaware, lemming following the other lemmings off a cliff! I always have fun, no matter whether I win or lose. It is nice to be with the winning faction and get boons, but you can win them all, as the saying goes. Good luck, all, no matter what faction you joined, and have fun in the Battledome!

Haha!! Whoa there, wait a minute now Scoobs! I'm not usurping Beth's role.

*placed a hot tray of buns on Beth's seat to keep it warm until she comes back*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Does it matter what difficulty (green/orange/red) or who you battle (minion or boss) to decide what faction wins or is it really only the faction with the most battles total? Because if it matters i will battle the one that give the most points. I'm not sure I can beat the faction leaders on red, but I could go for the next best thing. On the other hand, if it doesn't matter at all and just the battle count is what matters, i just need to fight one that I can 1 hit KO to get as many battles done in the time I have.

I know that for the boon, if your faction wins, you only need 10 battles and it doesn't matter whether it's a minion or a boss, or green or red difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duma said:

Question: Does it matter what difficulty (green/orange/red) or who you battle (minion or boss) to decide what faction wins or is it really only the faction with the most battles total? Because if it matters i will battle the one that give the most points. I'm not sure I can beat the faction leaders on red, but I could go for the next best thing. On the other hand, if it doesn't matter at all and just the battle count is what matters, i just need to fight one that I can 1 hit KO to get as many battles done in the time I have.

I know that for the boon, if your faction wins, you only need 10 battles and it doesn't matter whether it's a minion or a boss, or green or red difficulty.

I don't think TNT has released the information on how the winning faction is chosen, so nobody knows.  We would THINK that the harder the opponent, the more points you win for the team, but there's no guarantee of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duma said:

Question: Does it matter what difficulty (green/orange/red) or who you battle (minion or boss) to decide what faction wins or is it really only the faction with the most battles total? Because if it matters i will battle the one that give the most points. I'm not sure I can beat the faction leaders on red, but I could go for the next best thing. On the other hand, if it doesn't matter at all and just the battle count is what matters, i just need to fight one that I can 1 hit KO to get as many battles done in the time I have.

I know that for the boon, if your faction wins, you only need 10 battles and it doesn't matter whether it's a minion or a boss, or green or red difficulty.

My take on this is it's down to quality and quantity, so I fight a weaker opponent on red and go for more battles, rather than less fights against a stronger opponent on green. I too go for the 1 hit KO, lol. So it's going to be much trouncing of the Hedgewitch for me this time around :medieval: (zombie hooligan is mucho creepy and I don't like fighting him :ph34r:)

I wipe the floor with these 2nd tier opponents at the moment as their HP is 53 and my pet deals 108 damage with his weapon combo, but I get my behind kicked if I move up to tier 3 reds, so I'll stay where I am until my little guy's trained enough to wield that 1 hit KO on the 160 HP people! *gulps*

But as @balloongal247 says, we don't actually know how it's worked out - conspiracy theorists out there say it's all predetermined and makes no difference what you do - but, you do get better prizes if you fight the red people, and that's a good enough reason for me, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fight the highest, because they're within my 2 hit KO (I have warlock's rage).  I do it after I get all my prizes from the premium dome (and did it after dome of the deep before I got premium back), so the prize thing doesn't affect me.  I generally do at least 10 battles the first day, to make sure I get the minimum in case I get busy or forget or whatever the rest of the weekend.  Then I just do it for as long as I'm bored, until it bores me more than not doing it bores me.  I might do more if my pet needs healing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have Warlocks Rage and battle in the Dome of the Deep first. But I haven't battled in the Obelisk war for a long time so i don't remember if I can beat the bosses on red, I'll try though.I just tried and I can 2 hit KO the boss on green (sometimes 1 hit KO) but if i want to do easy, quick one hit KO's on red I can't go any harder than 3rd tier. I can defeat the bosses on red, but it takes 3 turns and I will take some damage. So for this round I think I'll just do as many 3rd tiers on red and do some 4th tier and bosses on easier difficulties. This way, I can do as many battles in the least amount of time and still make sure that, if there is a point system behind it, I rake in as many points as possible.

Personally I don't think it's predetermined, I believe there is some calculation behind it depending on the amount of battles. I just wished we knew what had more effect, difficulty (either or both the color and opponent) or number of battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why sometimes if you have lens flare and warlock's rage?  Is your weapon variable number of icons?  I use yooyu knuckle dusters, which seem to be already inflating ahead of the war.

I'm also wondering what the ratio of battles people on your team do vs battles other people do against "your team"

Like, if I'm on one that's a little less likely to win, if I battle the team "most likely" to win a lot, will that make them less likely to win, because they've lost a lot of battles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Why sometimes if you have lens flare and warlock's rage?  Is your weapon variable number of icons?  I use yooyu knuckle dusters, which seem to be already inflating ahead of the war.

I'm also wondering what the ratio of battles people on your team do vs battles other people do against "your team"

Like, if I'm on one that's a little less likely to win, if I battle the team "most likely" to win a lot, will that make them less likely to win, because they've lost a lot of battles?

I don't know why sometimes it is a 1 hit KO and sometimes it's not. I use " Scroll of Knowlegde"  and "Kelpbeards Trident" along with Warlocks Rage or Lens Flare. Neither of those two weapons have variable numbers of icons. I suppose they can use shields but not weapons? Or maybe they were using an ability that would block some of my icons? I've never really looked into it and the problem is that my battle log isn't working. It wont open for some reason. It used to work in the passed so don't know why it's broken now. Maybe I'll try a different browser tomorrow and see if that does the trick to figure it out.

I've also been wondering if the faction you fight against might have anything to do with the outcome. To avoid that I just battle both opponent factions equally. Since you never truly know in what faction someone is doing a lot of battles against your own faction. So many unknown things in this event to consider. I guess you can only truly know if you would get to read the whole code...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warlocks Rage and Lens Flare both block them from doing anything, weapons, shields or abilities.  Kelpbeard's trident is variable.  

Quote

Actual iconage is 5 physical, 11.25-19 water icons (16.25-24 total icons). Average iconage is 18.02634 icons.

Sadly they do not let us read the code. :crying_anim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Warlocks Rage and Lens Flare both block them from doing anything, weapons, shields or abilities.  Kelpbeard's trident is variable.  

Sadly they do not let us read the code. :crying_anim:

:blush: oops, you're right, I checked it but missed the little plus sign and I didn't bother reading the text below. So that explains the sometimes 1 hit KO.

And sadly indeed they don't let us read the code, would make some things a lot easier to figure out but would take away the mystery of a lot of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fighting the koi warrior for my loot today, hopefully I'll do some Obelisk battles afterwards, we'll see how lazy I feel by then!

@kirschteins are you fighting this time around, or was our epic failure last time enough to put you off? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2017 at 5:04 AM, jellysundae said:

I'm fighting the koi warrior for my loot today, hopefully I'll do some Obelisk battles afterwards, we'll see how lazy I feel by then!

@kirschteins are you fighting this time around, or was our epic failure last time enough to put you off? :laugh:

I totally forgot to join this time; it's been a super busy week!! I'll be back though; I just have to remember to get online on mondays, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kirschteins said:

I totally forgot to join this time; it's been a super busy week!! I'll be back though; I just have to remember to get online on mondays, lol.

I think it's going to be a real toss up who wins this time around, so I don't think you're missing much by not getting to sign up, lol.

Hopefully your busyness has been some fun stuff :3 not just kinda dull things like work/school etc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×