Chocolate Neopet dream coming true!

I just used my first faerie quest fortune cookie ever, and the first quest I did granted me a rainbow fountain dip! How lucky is that?!

Ever since the petpet lab ray gave me a Salad Slorg, I've dreamed of painting my pet chocolate so they can "match". I am now debating which species to morph it to before painting it. There are so many good chocolate species. In you guys' opinion, which is the best one?

I'd recommend going onto http://impress.openneo.net/ and playing with the different chocolate species (maybe have the rainbow pool colors list open as well) and try different customizations you would like, to see how easy they are to play with and how you like them in different areas.  Because sometimes the ones that look good unclothed with blank backgrounds are hard to coordinate actual things with.

Those are nice choices. I love the decorative piping.

So far, I'm thinking Cybunny because it's a species that might want to nibble on its Salad Slorg, and that amuses me. ^_^ But all of the ones with darker chocolate colors look appealing to me, so I'm not sure. :crying_anim:

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/c57zjw5z/1/4.png

I love the chocolate chomby's quiff. :laugh:

I find I'm drawn to the fluffy-looking ruffs. The cybunny's very dainty and pretty, though...the tail's just white and now that I've noticed that I cannot unsee.  :arrowhead:

Tonu is fluffeh, the detail on the horn is nice, too.

4.png

And we can't forget the gnorbu with his @balloongal247-coined giant hipster beard :lmaosmiley: Couldn't you just bury your face in that?

4.png

I do like the Tonu with all its detail, but I played around with it as balloongal suggested in Dress to Impress, and it's quite hard to dress. Not like I dress up my pets all that much, but still. No hands! :dance:

If only the Buzz was dark chocolate. Then I would get an avatar too.

Also, the ruffs are the kind of thing that look super cute on the undressed pictures, but make it really hard to customize because they cover the neckline and half the upper body of whatever shirt or dress you try to wear.  You can use the NC item Golden Key Necklace to remove the ruff, but most items will still look weird because they were drawn for the pet having the ruff covering, and so just kind of leave a blank space when you remove the ruff, except probably NC stuff that came out after the key necklace.

Correction, it's not even that simple, some NP items cover normal without ruff, and some NC items still being sold look weird.

Like the elegant cobrall dress is just blank

small_preview.png small_preview.png

Actually, most of my NP items look fine.  That cobrall dress though totally misses the neckline.

Edited by balloongal247

Congratulations on the rainbow pool dip!  I don't really have a favourite, but have you looked at some of the sites that have comparisons of all of the pets to see if you can find one or a few that you like so you can narrow it down for dress to impress?

Jellyneo has one here http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=newrainbowpool&pet=&color=chocolate&emo=1  It is listed on neopets' fansite page, so I'm hoping I can mention it here.

I really like the chocolate Vandagyres. I used one of my dips for a friend and I think it looks really cute. I love the candy corn toes:biggrin:. Chocolate Acaras are very cute too.