Jump to content
The Daily Neopets Forum
hrtbrk

Happy Bori Day!

Recommended Posts

I always liked the Transparent pets, and the Bori is no exception. Overall, I think it's a good job. I do have a few critiques, but I can only draw stick figures, and even those don't look like sticks, so I'll leave them to myself. As for the Marble, at first, I thought I was seeing double. Transparent and Marble look similar. The "clearness" of the Marble is good, but I wished they used a different color for the "inside" swirls. Orange, green, or even yellow, anything else than a lighter version of the blue color. It's not too bad, but it had potential to be better.

Were any clothes released? Curious to see what the theme is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aw man i like them both a lot but not in a way where i'm like I NEED THAT


i was even not daring to hope for marble because i collect marbles irl, and i like marbles AND boris, but i dunno, it just doesn't jump out at me.  I think both the koi and shoyru capture that magical feeling of a marble better.  Dang....

I want to love them, and i think they're well done, but they're not great enough for me to use my fountain quest on them haha

EDIT: oh gosh do the bone claws inside the transparent bori imply bori claws are meaty? lol oh nooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

oh gosh do the bone claws inside the transparent bori imply bori claws are meaty? lol oh nooo

Those bones are probably phalanges. Claws are made of keratin- same material as hair and nails. No bones necessary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I always liked the Transparent pets, and the Bori is no exception. Overall, I think it's a good job. I do have a few critiques, but I can only draw stick figures, and even those don't look like sticks, so I'll leave them to myself. As for the Marble, at first, I thought I was seeing double. Transparent and Marble look similar. The "clearness" of the Marble is good, but I wished they used a different color for the "inside" swirls. Orange, green, or even yellow, anything else than a lighter version of the blue color. It's not too bad, but it had potential to be better.

Were any clothes released? Curious to see what the theme is.

I searched through Neo and couldn't find any on the TP/side bar so I assume they will be released tomorrow as we found these images a day early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pulpfreeoj said:

Those bones are probably phalanges. Claws are made of keratin- same material as hair and nails. No bones necessary!

Oh i suppose that's true!  It's just weird to me how they're like, little and curved like a claw, especially inside such large actual-claws haha :') 

You're right though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

 I can only draw stick figures, and even those don't look like sticks

Best comment ever. :laugh:

3 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

Those bones are probably phalanges.

I am never going to be able to hear (or read!) the word phalanges again without thinking of Brennan on Bones :laugh:

 

I LOVE the colour of the marble Bori, such a pretty shade of blue, makes me think of summery things like clear skies and deep tropical water. I agree with @Scoobert_Doo about the the swirls, it would have been nice if they were a complimentary contrasting shade, orange would have looked especially good as those 2 colours are BFFs, but it is still a very attractive look.

Doh! Just realised...I pinged you to a post where I'd already quoted you, so you'd know about it already anyway, sorry about that Scoobs!  :blush02:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the bones in the foot definitely do not line up with the hooves.  There are also no muscles, only like two organs, etc.  I don't think the artists took anatomy.  Or if they did, they didn't pay much attention.

A lot of the transparent colors look more like those skeleton t-shirts than transparent skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww, one of my favourite species! :heart:

I actually really like the Marble one, it's so pretty! I don't like the Transparent one, but that's no surprise, since this colour has been disappointing me for quite a while. I hate how they include facial lines now. I know that technically it makes more sense, but it looks a lot less cool. Look how awesome these are:

4.png 4.png 4.png

Now look at these:

4.png 4.png4.png

Eww.

Sadly, the Transparent Bori looks more like these...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my goodness!!!!!! :D I'm thankful that it wasn't Swampgas or Snot.

I love both these colors, but do agree with what has been said. The Transparent would have looked a lot cooler and frightening if it didn't have the smile. I remember a family member of mine had a bowl of blue marbles that looked similar to what this Bori looks like, but i agree that it should have had a darker or light blue for swirls, or another color all together! 

The more I look at the Marble Bori the more it almost looks a little Jelly to me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Aww, one of my favourite species! :heart:

I actually really like the Marble one, it's so pretty! I don't like the Transparent one, but that's no surprise, since this colour has been disappointing me for quite a while. I hate how they include facial lines now. I know that technically it makes more sense, but it looks a lot less cool. Look how awesome these are:

4.png 4.png 4.png

Now look at these:

4.png 4.png4.png

Eww.

Sadly, the Transparent Bori looks more like these...

Never noticed this but I totally agree with you. The face lines make it look cartoonish whereas without them they get the real 'transparant' feel. 

The marble is beautiful, but also reminded me of jelly. It looks very edible instead of glassy. When I look at it I start salivating (or maybe I'm just hungry) I really like the yellow eyes, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely send in something to the editorial about the transparent pets showing the facial outlines. They have been good at fixing art as of late so maybe they will fix these... because it does look pretty stooopid.

Added in the clothes! LOOOVE the dress but the wig/lipstick (I mean, we already HAVE a black lipstick that looks exactly like this) and handheld is kinda ugly. I'm hoping the wig looks better on a different base colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it supposed to be some kind of...satanist priestess holding a...dandelion? o.O 

The high-necked dress looks pretty weird on a species that already doesn't really have a neck to begin with. Or maybe it's because of the sharp color contrast between the dress and the white Bori. Either way...not a great look imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

I would definitely send in something to the editorial about the transparent pets showing the facial outlines. They have been good at fixing art as of late so maybe they will fix these... because it does look pretty stooopid.

Great idea! I wish I had thought of doing this before they messed up so many pets. Then our chances of getting them fixed would be a lot better... But ofc, it's still worth a shot!

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

The new outfit is.... a gothic ram with a dandelion?

ROFL! Gothic rams are my spirit animal :skull: If it weren't for the completely random dandelion, I'd say it's a cool concept. Too bad the wig/headpiece isn't very well executed. The only thing I like is the dress, I think it will look good on my Bori since she has a sort of "Neovian lady" style.

Edit:

That outfit has to win the prize for most truly bizarre. o_O:laugh:

I think the Grarrl Mime one still wins :P

6 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

The high-necked dress looks pretty weird on a species that already doesn't really have a neck to begin with. Or maybe it's because of the sharp color contrast between the dress and the white Bori. Either way...not a great look imo.

Hm, I hadn't realised that. I'll have to see if it looks any better without that wig!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kayahtik You're totally right, it looks weird :sad:

4.png

And you know, I think perhaps the bigger problem isn't their neck (or lack thereof), but their chin... The way the ruffles meet the chin doesn't look right. Maybe if they did the collar in more of a V shape, it would've looked better.

Edit: I *almost* managed to fix it by wearing a High Collared Lace Cape over it. Too bad there's a bit of the ruffled collar poking through D:
4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@deboratibi Ooh you're right, the real problem looks like it's the snout that sticks out... adding the cape on top definitely helps a lot! Too bad they didn't use that kind of neckline on the actual dress. I don't think the bit of ruffle poking out is that noticeable though, and even if it is, it doesn't necessarily look bad. Still a major improvement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×