Happy Bori Day!

hrtbrk

I always liked the Transparent pets, and the Bori is no exception. Overall, I think it's a good job. I do have a few critiques, but I can only draw stick figures, and even those don't look like sticks, so I'll leave them to myself. As for the Marble, at first, I thought I was seeing double. Transparent and Marble look similar. The "clearness" of the Marble is good, but I wished they used a different color for the "inside" swirls. Orange, green, or even yellow, anything else than a lighter version of the blue color. It's not too bad, but it had potential to be better.

Were any clothes released? Curious to see what the theme is.

aw man i like them both a lot but not in a way where i'm like I NEED THAT

i was even not daring to hope for marble because i collect marbles irl, and i like marbles AND boris, but i dunno, it just doesn't jump out at me.  I think both the koi and shoyru capture that magical feeling of a marble better.  Dang....

I want to love them, and i think they're well done, but they're not great enough for me to use my fountain quest on them haha

EDIT: oh gosh do the bone claws inside the transparent bori imply bori claws are meaty? lol oh nooo

oh gosh do the bone claws inside the transparent bori imply bori claws are meaty? lol oh nooo

Those bones are probably phalanges. Claws are made of keratin- same material as hair and nails. No bones necessary!

3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I always liked the Transparent pets, and the Bori is no exception. Overall, I think it's a good job. I do have a few critiques, but I can only draw stick figures, and even those don't look like sticks, so I'll leave them to myself. As for the Marble, at first, I thought I was seeing double. Transparent and Marble look similar. The "clearness" of the Marble is good, but I wished they used a different color for the "inside" swirls. Orange, green, or even yellow, anything else than a lighter version of the blue color. It's not too bad, but it had potential to be better.

Were any clothes released? Curious to see what the theme is.

I searched through Neo and couldn't find any on the TP/side bar so I assume they will be released tomorrow as we found these images a day early.

14 minutes ago, pulpfreeoj said:

Those bones are probably phalanges. Claws are made of keratin- same material as hair and nails. No bones necessary!

Oh i suppose that's true!  It's just weird to me how they're like, little and curved like a claw, especially inside such large actual-claws haha :') 

You're right though!

6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I can only draw stick figures, and even those don't look like sticks

Best comment ever. :laugh:

3 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

Those bones are probably phalanges.

I am never going to be able to hear (or read!) the word phalanges again without thinking of Brennan on Bones :laugh:

I LOVE the colour of the marble Bori, such a pretty shade of blue, makes me think of summery things like clear skies and deep tropical water. I agree with @Scoobert_Doo about the the swirls, it would have been nice if they were a complimentary contrasting shade, orange would have looked especially good as those 2 colours are BFFs, but it is still a very attractive look.

Doh! Just realised...I pinged you to a post where I'd already quoted you, so you'd know about it already anyway, sorry about that Scoobs!  :blush02:

Yeah, the bones in the foot definitely do not line up with the hooves.  There are also no muscles, only like two organs, etc.  I don't think the artists took anatomy.  Or if they did, they didn't pay much attention.

A lot of the transparent colors look more like those skeleton t-shirts than transparent skin.

Aww, one of my favourite species! :heart:

I actually really like the Marble one, it's so pretty! I don't like the Transparent one, but that's no surprise, since this colour has been disappointing me for quite a while. I hate how they include facial lines now. I know that technically it makes more sense, but it looks a lot less cool. Look how awesome these are:

4.png 4.png 4.png

Now look at these:

4.png 4.png4.png

Eww.

Sadly, the Transparent Bori looks more like these...

Oh my goodness!!!!!! :D I'm thankful that it wasn't Swampgas or Snot.

I love both these colors, but do agree with what has been said. The Transparent would have looked a lot cooler and frightening if it didn't have the smile. I remember a family member of mine had a bowl of blue marbles that looked similar to what this Bori looks like, but i agree that it should have had a darker or light blue for swirls, or another color all together! 

The more I look at the Marble Bori the more it almost looks a little Jelly to me lol.

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Aww, one of my favourite species! :heart:

I actually really like the Marble one, it's so pretty! I don't like the Transparent one, but that's no surprise, since this colour has been disappointing me for quite a while. I hate how they include facial lines now. I know that technically it makes more sense, but it looks a lot less cool. Look how awesome these are:

4.png 4.png 4.png

Now look at these:

4.png 4.png4.png

Eww.

Sadly, the Transparent Bori looks more like these...

Never noticed this but I totally agree with you. The face lines make it look cartoonish whereas without them they get the real 'transparant' feel. 

The marble is beautiful, but also reminded me of jelly. It looks very edible instead of glassy. When I look at it I start salivating (or maybe I'm just hungry) I really like the yellow eyes, though!

I would definitely send in something to the editorial about the transparent pets showing the facial outlines. They have been good at fixing art as of late so maybe they will fix these... because it does look pretty stooopid.

Added in the clothes! LOOOVE the dress but the wig/lipstick (I mean, we already HAVE a black lipstick that looks exactly like this) and handheld is kinda ugly. I'm hoping the wig looks better on a different base colour.

Is it supposed to be some kind of...satanist priestess holding a...dandelion? o.O 

The high-necked dress looks pretty weird on a species that already doesn't really have a neck to begin with. Or maybe it's because of the sharp color contrast between the dress and the white Bori. Either way...not a great look imo.

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

I would definitely send in something to the editorial about the transparent pets showing the facial outlines. They have been good at fixing art as of late so maybe they will fix these... because it does look pretty stooopid.

Great idea! I wish I had thought of doing this before they messed up so many pets. Then our chances of getting them fixed would be a lot better... But ofc, it's still worth a shot!

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

The new outfit is.... a gothic ram with a dandelion?

ROFL! Gothic rams are my spirit animal :skull: If it weren't for the completely random dandelion, I'd say it's a cool concept. Too bad the wig/headpiece isn't very well executed. The only thing I like is the dress, I think it will look good on my Bori since she has a sort of "Neovian lady" style.

Edit:

That outfit has to win the prize for most truly bizarre. o_O:laugh:

I think the Grarrl Mime one still wins :P

6 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

The high-necked dress looks pretty weird on a species that already doesn't really have a neck to begin with. Or maybe it's because of the sharp color contrast between the dress and the white Bori. Either way...not a great look imo.

Hm, I hadn't realised that. I'll have to see if it looks any better without that wig!

@kayahtik You're totally right, it looks weird :sad:

4.png

And you know, I think perhaps the bigger problem isn't their neck (or lack thereof), but their chin... The way the ruffles meet the chin doesn't look right. Maybe if they did the collar in more of a V shape, it would've looked better.

Edit: I *almost* managed to fix it by wearing a High Collared Lace Cape over it. Too bad there's a bit of the ruffled collar poking through D:
4.png

@deboratibi Ooh you're right, the real problem looks like it's the snout that sticks out... adding the cape on top definitely helps a lot! Too bad they didn't use that kind of neckline on the actual dress. I don't think the bit of ruffle poking out is that noticeable though, and even if it is, it doesn't necessarily look bad. Still a major improvement!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.10.2017 at 11:33 PM, kayahtik said:

Is it supposed to be some kind of...satanist priestess holding a...dandelion? o.O 

oh my, that's just what I think... I don't like the fact that boris lack neck to such an extent that they constantly look like they had a hunch and couldnt stay straight... it's disappointing especially when you put a dress on it, it looks soooooo  grotesquely.... and here it looks totally out of point... same with dandelion... 

I feel like it is again the case that the person responsible for the outfit is just either plain lazy or lacks creativity, and collects whatever comes to his/her mind and do some stupid stuff like this set. What's about these weird horns? The way they are attached with this circlet at the forehead looks very, very heavy... unlike the wig, which is looking weightless and flowing... they don't go well with each other. And the dandelion... geeeez, it could have been black rose, an emerald ring, a staff, a spider, a lace umbrella, anything more goth-like... but it's dandelion... *gasp*

I also agree with you, deboratibi, now when I see it, it looks even weirder... The V-shaped collar would be great. 

As far as the colours, though - again, someone did a great, great job, I love these, marble is beautiful and as someone said - a bit "foody" like a candy or so. It is so pretty... I love this work of this colour artist