5th Pet Slot Added For All Accounts!

hrtbrk

On 21-10-2017 at 5:50 AM, hrtbrk said:

Yes you can! All accounts are eligible for a 5th pet (premium users can have 6 on their main account)

I tried transferring my Jetsam from my side to my main as the 6th pet, but it said that 'the new owner already has enough pets to look after'. Does that mean that transferring doesn't count as a 6th pet? Or would I have to put it in the pound with my side, and then (hopefully) retrieve it on my main?

32 minutes ago, enitul said:

I tried transferring my Jetsam from my side to my main as the 6th pet, but it said that 'the new owner already has enough pets to look after'. Does that mean that transferring doesn't count as a 6th pet? Or would I have to put it in the pound with my side, and then (hopefully) retrieve it on my main?

That would be one of the glitches with the premium's 6th pet.  I think I saw a workaround that if you adopt another pet from the pound and then do an exchange transfer it will work.  

4 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

That would be one of the glitches with the premium's 6th pet.  I think I saw a workaround that if you adopt another pet from the pound and then do an exchange transfer it will work.  

I see. But somehow it doesn't ... feel right... to do it that way (I'm probably taking this thing too seriously). But since it's a recent update with the extra pet thing, do you think they will fix that soon?

12 minutes ago, enitul said:

I see. But somehow it doesn't ... feel right... to do it that way (I'm probably taking this thing too seriously). But since it's a recent update with the extra pet thing, do you think they will fix that soon?

It should be a fairly easy fix, just finding where the premium pets are still referred to as max 5 and change it to 6.  It's the kind of thing they could give to a brand new programmer to get them used to just working in whatever systems they use.  However, this is TJSNT.  They are bad enough at fixing issues that even years after they've taken over, they are referred to as TJSNT instead of just TNT, which means people go to the effort of almost doubling the length of an abbreviation just to essentially say "you're not my REAL neopet's team!"

7 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

It should be a fairly easy fix, just finding where the premium pets are still referred to as max 5 and change it to 6.  It's the kind of thing they could give to a brand new programmer to get them used to just working in whatever systems they use.  However, this is TJSNT.  They are bad enough at fixing issues that even years after they've taken over, they are referred to as TJSNT instead of just TNT, which means people go to the effort of almost doubling the length of an abbreviation just to essentially say "you're not my REAL neopet's team!"

I see... Well, I still have some hope in the Neopets Team, so I guess I'm gonna wait until it's fixed... Which is hopefully not too long from now. But thanks for the info. :)

I love this idea! I am already having all my sides full with 5 pets on each :D And I just cannot yet decide which pet I will make out of them (I found some decent names in the pound, but I want another species - UNIS, to be precise ;) ). I have various colours going in my head now :D And honestly, I am dreaming of a pretty marble or candy uni to be released on uni day.... I hope it would be in pastel tones, so that it matches my ideas :) what I dislike is that the pets are not shown at once, but with this weird arrow system. I would prefer them to be seen as when they were for premium users - so you could see 5 at once, without the necessity to move the arrow left or right...

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so it's been almost a month and I'm still having an issue with my sixth pet... The other day I had five pets on my account, and someone tried to transfer me a sixth, but wasn't able to because I *~already had enough pets to be looking after~* or whatever. Shouldn't this have been fixed by now? Is anyone else having this issue too? Does anyone know of a way around it? Can I still adopt from the pound with my sixth spot? 

(To clarify, I have a premium account, so I should have six spots now, since I already had five before.)

9 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Alright, so it's been almost a month and I'm still having an issue with my sixth pet... The other day I had five pets on my account, and someone tried to transfer me a sixth, but wasn't able to because I *~already had enough pets to be looking after~* or whatever. Shouldn't this have been fixed by now? Is anyone else having this issue too? Does anyone know of a way around it? Can I still adopt from the pound with my sixth spot? 

(To clarify, I have a premium account, so I should have six spots now, since I already had five before.)

From what I'd heard, you could adopt from the pound for 6th pet, and you can do exchange transfer for it (ie get a temporary pet and exchange for the one you really want)

39 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

From what I'd heard, you could adopt from the pound for 6th pet, and you can do exchange transfer for it (ie get a temporary pet and exchange for the one you really want)

Hmm ok. Well, that's kind of dumb. Is this a glitch that they just haven't fixed yet, or maybe something they did intentionally to force people to adopt from the pound instead of just trading pets around...? I might have to write in to the editorial about this, although I'm surprised it hasn't come up already. 

When the slot was first added I was seeing people saying the only way to use that extra slot was to adopt from the Pound; you couldn't create a new pet.

Is there any truth behind that?

I'm 99% sure you can create a pet with the extra slot.  I think the transfer issue is just a glitch.  As I said above, it's theoretically a pretty easy fix, however they may not consider it high priority, especially if they are having issues with the plot and have all hands on that deck.

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

I'm 99% sure you can create a pet with the extra slot.  I think the transfer issue is just a glitch.  As I said above, it's theoretically a pretty easy fix, however they may not consider it high priority, especially if they are having issues with the plot and have all hands on that deck.

Unfortunately it's likely not as easy as you think it is with this code being so old. It's not a simple "change a 5 to a 6" when 14 other things are connected to that limitation.

I cannot wait for their site revamp for this very reason lol Time for them to get out of the stone ages.