Employment Agency Times

deboratibi

Okay, so officially, the Basic Jobs at the EA are supposed to refresh at every tenth minute (:10, :20, :30, and so on). But I've noticed that it hasn't worked like that anymore. It still refreshes every ten minutes, but not on the tenth minute sharp. I tried to figure out what the "new" time is, but I feel like it keeps changing? One day I noticed it was refreshing at :08, :18, :28, etc. A few days ago it was refreshing at :04, :14, :24, etc. I wanted to do some jobs today, and I noticed it's not :04, :14, anymore. I haven't figured out what it is yet, because I didn't have the patience to keep checking.

Anyway, what's the deal with the times? Is there a pattern I should know of, or does it change randomly and I have to keep figuring the new time every day (or every few days, since I don't know how often it changes)?

Hmm, I've noticed food club seems to be releasing the wins a little later each day.  Like, it's maybe drifted half an hour over a year?  So maybe some of their timers drift by 5 seconds a day?  Or maybe since you seem to be noticing it faster, maybe it's 5 seconds per increment.  So with yours being every 10 minutes, it'd drift like 12 minutes a day?  Who knows.  I'm just making wild guesses.

I think this has become an issue with a lot of things around the site (everything that happens at a certain time of day) like EA jobs, FC, trophies, lottery, etc. I first came across it while playing Plushie Tycoon (which has 8 hourly updates every day for an entire month). The time of the updates seemed to happen about 5 seconds later each day, meaning over the course of the month there was a cumulative difference of about 2.5 minutes. The explanation I've heard is that when Neo's servers moved (I think during the sale from Viacom to JS), the clock got messed up somehow...I don't really understand it, but yeah, I guess it affects EA jobs too! 

Oh, that's right, I remember coming across this issue when I played Plushie Tycoon as well. But at least with PT there's a board where people keep track of the messed up time, and I don't think there is one for EA jobs... So I'll have to figure it out for myself, and since I don't do them every day it will be a slightly more annoying task, lol.

You could do what I do, and just don't do EA jobs :P

I kind of hate myself for it, because it's an easy 20-30k profit every day, but I find it so tedious. On the infrequent occasions that I do them, I don't try to track the times, I just refresh the page every few minutes until eventually it's in the range of 130+ jobs to choose from. (But then again, that's me sitting at my work computer for 8 hours, so I have plenty of time to lazily refresh and wait for a happy coincidence.)