The Kindness Project needs Staff!

Musical_Shoyru

Hello everyone!

A few of you may have heard of the Kindness Project guild (with a few TDN members being in the guild) and a few may have not heard of it.  The guild was founded to spread Kindness throughout Neopia via helping people achieve their goals; whether that's for getting a certain item, dream pet, helping with avatars, events, or just being supportive of your everyday life outside of Neopets. We've grown to be quite a big guild with 84 members and counting and over 3000 messages and some very active members. Over time we've added many features to our guild such as contests, a trophy cabinet and guild avatars exclusive to the guild, two galleries for Neocash and Neopoint items where you can request free items each week/month, our very own Avatar Lending Program and much more! 

I'm looking for some individuals that believe they would do well in a position of leadership and can be active if not everyday, a few times a week. We have a few non-council positions as well. However if you would like to just join the guild as a member we are always accepting member's as well.

Our guild has granted over 70 items to members and the number goes up every month!

If you're interested in being a  a non-council staff member, or just a member you can check our guild out at the link below

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=4176228

By clicking on the Webbie button you'll be taken to our Guild Websites that will have various amounts of information about our guild. We have testimonials about our members and how our guild came to be on their as well :)

All our Council positions have been filled but we still need help in non-official council positions

Requirements for all Council Position

• Neopet's member for 1 year+
  • Active
  • Willing to pool together Neopoints here and there to help grant wishes for guild members submitted to us via our Fountain of Kindness (Our Fountain of Kindness allows members to request items they want and we help grant their wishes). This would most likely require you to be slightly wealthy Neopets player, but is not a must.
  • This is not a must, but it would be awesome if you had HTML experience or at least a basic understanding as to help take over a few pages in the guild.
  • Be willing to use either Google Hangouts  to communicate with other Council member on a regular basis and to communicate with our group of Zappers (Our zappers help grant our member's their requested Dream Pets). This would require us to know your E-mail so we can add you to the group chats and give you access to our online Google Sheets document
  • Have a Lab Ray map or are in the process of getting one.

Current Open Council Positions and Their Duties

Co-Founder

• Update the amount of Neopoints given by our guild members via our Money Log; we have a sheet on our google documents that I update with the amount that each member donates to our donation shop. After I've updated that then you then look at the Money Log Sheet and update what each member has donated by adding it to their total amount which is listed on our Member's Track List Sheet.
  • Update the Guild Member Info List when a new member joins; our Guild Member Info List is a sheet that we use to keep track of our members, it has a link to their profile, when they joined, how much they've donated in the Guild Shop, their Neopets Anniversary, what their rank is in the guild, their wishlist link, RL name (If they so happen to have it displayed or state it on the boards), etc. It helps us to better be able to send out gifts, get to know our members and keep track of request from them
  • Keep the Update on our Guild HQ updated; On our guild's main page we have a section that we post announcements/updates. This section is used to announce when a new member has joined, when a contest has started and various other things.
  • Search for other guilds or webbies/webpage's to affiliate with; we want to get TKP's name out there and getting affiliates means getting our link back button in more places then one :)

Rank Moderator

• Receive neomail's from guild members when they've reached a rank milestone; We have different ranks in our guild that members can advance through. Each time a member reaches a specific milestone to get to the next rank they message our Rank Moderator and then the Rank Moderator will update/change their rank and announce the rank change on our guild boards.                                                                                                      
  • Make announcements about making nominations for Member of the Month at the end of the month and be willing receive said nominations; each month we have a new Member of the Month. During the last week of each month we announce that it will soon be time for a new Member of the Month to be chosen and give the members a chance to nominate another member. If only one member is nominated that is who we choose, if more than one is nominated we have a poll posted a few days before the next month to allow people to vote for their favorite.       
  • Make announcements on the board each week reminding people to send in their rank milestone updates to you.
  • Write a Newsletter and send it to the Newsletter team for them to send out to our members; we have not gotten our Newsletter started yet as we need someone willing to write it, but we have member's willing to help send out the Newsletter if we can get someone to write it :)

• Be in charge of receiving "Issue Reports" (When a member has an issue to report about another member or an experience)                            
  • Receive Bug Reports (Reports about links/button/pages not working properly)                            
  • Update the Last Seen section on the Zapper Info spreadsheet once a week; we have a Zapper info sheet that keeps track of who our Zappers are, when they were last on Neopets and their emails.                              
  • Monitor the board; make sure posts are friendly & clean. Respond to question about the guild, greet new member that post on the boards, etc                            
  • Update when the members were last seen once a month (on the last day of the month or on the 1st.);    This is done by all the council members, we divide the number of member between us and check on when they were last seen on their user-lookups. This helps us with our guild sweeping and to keep active members in the guild             

There are various other tasks we do together and that each role does on their own. I haven't listed everything but this is a gist of what each role takes care of

Our Non-Council Staff position's that are available are;             

• Zapper; You would help in zapping requested Dream Pets
  • Welcome Committee; You would help in welcoming new members, trying to get a wishlist from them and sending out our guild's welcome item.
  • Newsletter Team; You would receive a written Newsletter via Neomail to send out to the guild members. You would divide the number of guild members between the Newsletter Team and send out to your assigned group.                         

Heya, so like I have no html experience/skills/know-how, and I'm not sure if I could commit to a newsletter time-wise, but I am definitely able/willing to help with any of the other things, be it in an official/unofficial capacity. If someone else offers who is able to do those other things, then by all means go with them, but just letting you know i'm happy to help if possible :)

Thanks Ranga! I'll definitely keep you in mind! Appreciate it :)

Heya... So, I would potentially be interested in the co-founder position but there are a few minor things that make me unsure if I'm your best match.

a) I am not a zapper. I don't have the lab ray and I'm not entirely sold on getting it. I've been teetering lol. 

b) Zero HTML experience.

c) I am not 'assertive' and have a hard time initiating communication sometimes so I don't know how comfortable/ good I would be with soliciting affiliates. I am very organized, though, so I'm all about tracking money and members and keeping things up-to-date.

d) the title lol! You are the founder, Aira. No one can be your 'co', hahaha - you deserve 100% of the credit.

Anyway, I figured I'd throw this out there. I may not be your best choice for the above reasons... but equally if you need help and I can offer it I'd hate not to - especially if it turns out no one else feels they quite match either. 

20 hours ago, charelan said:

c) I am not 'assertive' and have a hard time initiating communication sometimes so I don't know how comfortable/ good I would be with soliciting affiliates. I am very organized, though, so I'm all about tracking money and members and keeping things up-to-date.

This was my exact thinking too, but i didn't know how to say it!

Hello!

I am really looking for an active guild and actually have been trying to find a decent guild looking for council members so it is pretty amazing that you have made this thread.

I do have to ask - what do you consider a wealthy neopian? What is the average amount to pool? I have NO problem pooling nP, but I mostly just use FC and Stock market since I have no real goals in mind of stuff I need to save for (except maybe collateral for the big three avatars, if I ever decide to obtain those again).

definitely want to be a zapper no matter what. I am actually already zapping pets and was able to just send off a stealthy shoyru.

I could honestly do any of the open council positions you have listed. I am already familiar with google docs since I use it with another site I am part of. I know html and some basic coding - so yes, I could help design a newsletter layout (most likely editing premade code). I am not good at writing content, but if others are available to help assist with that, I can mange it. I can write blurbs to announce the motm and any other items like that...just if you want a full on article, I may need help, hehe. 

I would prefer rank moderator, but can fill in for either position if others want rank moderator and/or you need help in the other areas more. I have been a moderator and an admin at various web forums so handling disputes is normal - not to mention taking care of children, haha!

I will probably have some other questions depending on the position you'd like to consider me for, mostly just to ensure I am following the usual methods the guild is used to.

You can find me on neopets under the username etrnldarkness (just joined after writing this all up).

Regardless, I look forward to helping out at least as a zapper!

chatting on the Guilds board is the way to go (I owned the biggest Guild on Neopet's at one point and did a monthly baby pb for 1 np auctions :) 

sadly someone got jealous and hacked my account 14 years ago and I never got my account back.

I know how to help run a Guild and make it sucessful.

So I can try to see if we can get more affiliates :).

I think wealthy means having atleast 5 mil nps and earning enough in a month to do a pb auction :).

I can earn atleast 150K per day now (yay !) since I have premium.I just can't wait until I have the time for Foodclub again.

I have 8.3 mil nps at this point :).

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
DO NOT remove moderator edits from your posts!
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sorry :( there goes my clean slate after 1 year of not posting....

8 hours ago, etrnldarkness said:

Hello!

I am really looking for an active guild and actually have been trying to find a decent guild looking for council members so it is pretty amazing that you have made this thread.

I do have to ask - what do you consider a wealthy neopian? What is the average amount to pool? I have NO problem pooling nP, but I mostly just use FC and Stock market since I have no real goals in mind of stuff I need to save for (except maybe collateral for the big three avatars, if I ever decide to obtain those again).

definitely want to be a zapper no matter what. I am actually already zapping pets and was able to just send off a stealthy shoyru.

I could honestly do any of the open council positions you have listed. I am already familiar with google docs since I use it with another site I am part of. I know html and some basic coding - so yes, I could help design a newsletter layout (most likely editing premade code). I am not good at writing content, but if others are available to help assist with that, I can mange it. I can write blurbs to announce the motm and any other items like that...just if you want a full on article, I may need help, hehe. 

I would prefer rank moderator, but can fill in for either position if others want rank moderator and/or you need help in the other areas more. I have been a moderator and an admin at various web forums so handling disputes is normal - not to mention taking care of children, haha!

I will probably have some other questions depending on the position you'd like to consider me for, mostly just to ensure I am following the usual methods the guild is used to.

You can find me on neopets under the username etrnldarkness (just joined after writing this all up).

Regardless, I look forward to helping out at least as a zapper!

We do actually have all the positions filled as far as council now but if you're up for being a zapper and helping out as a Newsletter writer or sender or help in welcoming new members we would love to have you help in one of those areas or maybe even a couple! Thanks for the response :)

14 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

We do actually have all the positions filled as far as council now but if you're up for being a zapper and helping out as a Newsletter writer or sender or help in welcoming new members we would love to have you help in one of those areas or maybe even a couple! Thanks for the response :)

I am completely OK with just a zapper :D Thanks for the consideration and prompt response!

Thats great :).Welcome to the Guild.I hope you have fun :).

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
DO NOT remove moderator edits from your posts!
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've been told that if I wanted to be guild zapper in TKP I should say it here. My username on neopets is black_nebulae. I've been zapping my neopet for a while now and thought that if I make it someones dream pet it would be nice to give it a loving home. So if there are positions open, please let me know. :)