Ridiculous Trading Post Offers

LunaS

Have any of you ever had a spell where you receive only ridiculously LOW offers on your lots on the TP? Because I sure have! I wish there was somewhere to report these people because it feels like they are just trying to rip people off and hope that someone will accidentally press the ACCEPT instead of REJECT button. 

Like a lot will be worth far over 200.000 and they're bidding 70.000. 

Yeah, I've had some very low offers.  Like one person offered via neomail on an item but offered lower than the item had been worth in several years, less than half its current worth (I think it was like 200k instead of 500k+).  If you know what you want, make sure you put it in your wishlist, that might help some.  Though some people just don't read wishlists.  There was one time I had trades of codestones up for my guild members only, which I had in my wishlist, and someone kept offering on them.  I neomailed them and was like "As it says in the wishlist, these trades are only for members of my guild.  If you'd like to join my guild, our webbie is here...."  Their response was that they never read wishlists.  Which is rather silly, if there's going to be a wishlist, you should look at it.

I think trades with a price listed sometimes get real offers faster, because it means you know what you want, and if I'm willing to pay that, I'm guessing you'll respond faster than others who aren't sure.  And if you don't, then you may be more likely to get people who don't want to pay the going rate.  Especially since to a newbie, "wishlist: none" could imply you don't want anything, instead of just not listing what you want.

I've had my fair share of low offers too and it's really annoying. I always state in my wishlist what I'm accepting. Anything less then what I've asked for I auto reject. I always price lower then everyone else on the TP so I can make a quick sale.

What bugs me the most is I've been trying to get a Faerie Paint Brush and offering exactly what was requested in the wishlist. Being patient I waited days only to get one trade auto cancelled and another to just get rejected. Then I go to offer again on a different one and find the prices to be going up again. Very frustrating for sure!

23 minutes ago, acorah said:

I`m terrified of offending, lol, so if folk don`t say what they want then I`ll move on. 

And if they put  "Don`t neomail asking the price"  then I move on extra quickly  :D

I'm not terrified of offending anyone. If they don't have anything stated in their wishlist what they want and are accepting neomail offers they're the first ones I'll contact. I do my research and will offer a fair price. If I'm buying a stamp for my album, I always say it's for my album. That way the seller knows I'm not a reseller looking to buy low and turn around and sell it high. Several people have been very reasonable at discounting stamps to me for my album.

If they don't have anything or not to send neomails, then I likely won't even bother with them.

What irritates me the most is when you make a decent offer, exactly what they're requesting and they leave the trade sitting for days despite being online. Stop playing "games" and either accept or reject the offer.

If someone sends me an NM with an offer and presents a really low price, I don't really mind much because I can just say "nty" and be done with the exchange. Getting unsolicited reseller offers on my lots does annoy me, though, because then I almost feel pressured to seek out better offers.

I think mentioning the JN price for the item and saying, “I'm willing to sell it for Xk, NM to negotiate prices” helps get better offers a lot more quickly. If you really want to filter out lowball responses, just say, “no reseller offers” in the trade description. I've found that it helps a lot when you're trying to sell things.

59 minutes ago, altargoblin said:

If someone sends me an NM with an offer and presents a really low price, I don't really mind much because I can just say "nty" and be done with the exchange. Getting unsolicited reseller offers on my lots does annoy me, though, because then I almost feel pressured to seek out better offers.

I think mentioning the JN price for the item and saying, “I'm willing to sell it for Xk, NM to negotiate prices” helps get better offers a lot more quickly. If you really want to filter out lowball responses, just say, “no reseller offers” in the trade description. I've found that it helps a lot when you're trying to sell things.

That is some very good advice. However, I don't go buy JN's prices as definitive. I use them as a guide and look at the history as well as the current price.

I'm looking forward to when our price tracking is up and running. :D

Yeah, and like when I was getting the pastel paint brush to paint Ananda, I wanted to pay what JN said, not the newly inflated price, so I just asked around until I was able to find someone willing to sell for that.  Asking prices don't really mean anything.  The price of something is whatever a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept.  If your value is way different than what others think, than you might have trouble getting it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

I almost always do that though, state what I want for it and/or that I take offers through NM. But then when I mail people after another ridiculous offer, I get back that they're Resellers and that they've got it for this and this price here or there. Yeh, I don't care mate, I follow the prices online and sit slightly below that. Don't offer if you won't pay! Gahh.

Like I'm willing to negotiate somewhat but not 3 million np.

In the last 2 days I've had 5 more reseller offers, today one for a lot worth around 170k, with an offer of 50k! And then them saying that's a normal offer for resellers! Are there actually people willing to take 70% losses on their lots? 

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 1 month later...

I'm not really sure if this is the best place for comment.... but I have a quick question when it comes to ridiculous pricing on trading items. I was going through my Safety Deposit to see if I had anything spectacular to sell and I looked up my Private Rocketship (which I got from doing the Kid cuisine postcards) and I couldn't find it on the shop wizard so I searched in Jellyneo's database here .

So when I clicked the Trading Post it took me to a trading asking for 12 mil!!! At first I got giddy and was bouncing up at down in my chair with joy to finally have something worth more than 90K np but then I was beginning to doubt it, could this be correct?!

10 hours ago, queen_hatshepset said:

I'm not really sure if this is the best place for comment.... but I have a quick question when it comes to ridiculous pricing on trading items. I was going through my Safety Deposit to see if I had anything spectacular to sell and I looked up my Private Rocketship (which I got from doing the Kid cuisine postcards) and I couldn't find it on the shop wizard so I searched in Jellyneo's database here .

So when I clicked the Trading Post it took me to a trading asking for 12 mil!!! At first I got giddy and was bouncing up at down in my chair with joy to finally have something worth more than 90K np but then I was beginning to doubt it, could this be correct?!

Kid Cuisine postcards sounds like it was a very limited edition run.  Rare items can be very expensive.  And it's a neohome item, which some people still do, so that gives it some versatility beyond galleries.  However, their price history says that a couple months ago it was 30k.  So that sounds suspicious.  I'd hold off on selling, so that you aren't accused of price fixing.

28 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Kid Cuisine postcards sounds like it was a very limited edition run.  Rare items can be very expensive.  And it's a neohome item, which some people still do, so that gives it some versatility beyond galleries.  However, their price history says that a couple months ago it was 30k.  So that sounds suspicious.  I'd hold off on selling, so that you aren't accused of price fixing.

Thank you, I'll hold off on trying to sell it. I don't think anyone would actually be interested in buying something that much anyways! But then again I've never met a NP millionaire lol. 

Just now, queen_hatshepset said:

Thank you, I'll hold off on trying to sell it. I don't think anyone would actually be interested in buying something that much anyways! But then again I've never met a NP millionaire lol. 

Well, there are certainly some things that go for that much.  Stamps and top of the line battledome items, for sure.  Even some books and gourmet food, probably.  But I'm not sure about a neohome item.  Maybe if it were to complete a gallery.  There are some items that there are only a few of available, and so people would probably pay a lot to get those.  I don't remember this promotion, so I don't know how difficult it was to get this item, and thus how many there'd be in existence.

1 minute ago, balloongal247 said:

Well, there are certainly some things that go for that much.  Stamps and top of the line battledome items, for sure.  Even some books and gourmet food, probably.  But I'm not sure about a neohome item.  Maybe if it were to complete a gallery.  There are some items that there are only a few of available, and so people would probably pay a lot to get those.  I don't remember this promotion, so I don't know how difficult it was to get this item, and thus how many there'd be in existence.

It was relatively simple. It was such a long time ago but I believe all you really had to do was buy all of the kid cuisines meals to enter the codes and play a game. I wish they would do this again, or put out toys for the kid meals at the fast food chains again. ^_^ I'm a big kid at heart and I would totally go out and order one.  

4 minutes ago, queen_hatshepset said:

It was relatively simple. It was such a long time ago but I believe all you really had to do was buy all of the kid cuisines meals to enter the codes and play a game. I wish they would do this again, or put out toys for the kid meals at the fast food chains again. ^_^ I'm a big kid at heart and I would totally go out and order one.  

Well, I think they are now rather conflicted about what their target audience is.  I think it's more teens and older who are more likely to be able to spend real money on premium and NC.  Apparently the original target audience was like college age (the age of Adam and Donna) but because cute little virtual pets and faeries and stuff were so in then, they became popular with kids, and then they went with it.  But then the kids playing grew up, and they weren't the cool new thing anymore, so they weren't as popular with younger people.  So now I think most of the players are older, but they are still trying to be a kids site, but also not because again, it's not the kids who have money.

On 10/30/2017 at 4:03 AM, Mouseykins said:

What irritates me the most is when you make a decent offer, exactly what they're requesting and they leave the trade sitting for days despite being online. Stop playing "games" and either accept or reject the offer.

I missed this at the time, but I SO feel this!

I made a topic about trading post etiquette because I was so afraid I was doing something horribly wrong when this happened. I'd had several experiences of offering exactly the amount being asked, plus a high value red codestone, and being completely ignored despite the seller being online.

General opinion on here was people were holding out for an even better offer. :^/

This happened to me recently too. I was trying to get a morphing potion that JN was saying was around the 1.5M mark... The only one listed didn't have anything in their wishlist, so I offered considerably more than necessary only to be totally ignored. After two weeks passed, I tried again with a slightly higher offer and was ignored again. I finally figured that if I was going to have to pay 2M or more for a MP, I might as well buy the paint brush. It makes it difficult to know if you're making an unreasonable offer when there's nothing else on the TP to compare it to.

14 hours ago, the_lady_j said:

This happened to me recently too. I was trying to get a morphing potion that JN was saying was around the 1.5M mark... The only one listed didn't have anything in their wishlist, so I offered considerably more than necessary only to be totally ignored. After two weeks passed, I tried again with a slightly higher offer and was ignored again. I finally figured that if I was going to have to pay 2M or more for a MP, I might as well buy the paint brush. It makes it difficult to know if you're making an unreasonable offer when there's nothing else on the TP to compare it to.

JN's trading post history is pretty good for that. You can see other recent trades, which can help if the price history hasn't been up recently.  

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when someone makes an offer and withdraws it immediately!  I've had people do that with timeframes of anything from 3 minutes to under ONE MINUTE. i.e they've made a bid at 8.07 and withdrawn it at 8.07!  Not enough time for me to see there's an offer pending and click to the trading post before it's gone. I think thats just messing people around, personally.

It's not even like these could have been quest items, where I could understand bidding on a few of the same thing at once and withdrawing the bids on the ones that you dont buy.  If you were lucky enough to get an answer on a Jquest/Iquest item in less than a minute that is...I've never been that lucky....back to level one I go, sigh...