Unreleased Birthday Petpets!

hrtbrk

Interesting how these are petpets covered in/playing with frosting, sprinkles, etc. instead of the usual birthday petpet style where the petpet is made out of cake. I guess the Angelpuss and Snorkel (and Warf?) are like these ones above, but the Hasee, Kadoatie, etc. are the latter. I like both styles, but wish they would be consistent. 

60878.gif

image.png

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Interesting how these are petpets covered in/playing with frosting, sprinkles, etc. instead of the usual birthday petpet style where the petpet is made out of cake. I guess the Angelpuss and Snorkel (and Warf?) are like these ones above, but the Hasee, Kadoatie, etc. are the latter. I like both styles, but wish they would be consistent. 

60878.gif

image.png

I agree 100% but that would require them being able to draw something original which they are incapable of doing.

These new images are old art with frosting added on top of them or they modified the original petpet image ever so slightly.

Mazzew: erased arms and drew them longer to hold frosting
Barlow: erased mouth and drew smile/tongue
Ona: think this is reused from something else but cant find what
Lutra: changed the yellow thing its holding to red

They're cute, but I'm definitely not a fan of this style. I like the style of my super cute Birthday Meepit better!

Birthday Warf is a pupcake and it's adorable.  I have a zapped one.

warf_birthday.gif

I don't like the frosting slide idea nearly as much.

Seriously, the ona they pretty much just made it go down a slip-n-slide of frosting.  The Lutra too just looks like it slipped in frosting and slid around the floor.  Which is sad, because I love onas and lutras.

The Mazzew's arms look badly done, don't they, and the Ona's got the same weird look, can't quite put my finger on what looks wrong with that...is the head too big? Now I'm back to my regular flip-flop thing of is this just laziness on JS's part, or all they can do with limited resources.

I totally understand if the good artist/s only works on the cash items (I suspect there is only one) because there's no budget to pay them for the other stuff too, I suppose really I'd just like to know if this was the case, or if I can be judgy with impunity. :laugh:

Really I'm just sad because of all the missed opportunities for so much better items. :sad:

The Ona's head is too big, and also it kind of looks like they are breaking their neck on that frosting slide.  Like, that's not a natural angle.  I think it also looks like VERY old art reused, like that's not the current look of the ona.  It's practically a UC ona, except they never even redid the art for the ona.  But, it's like fan art?  On the Ona, the curl on the forehead looks more like a lock of hair and less like a crescent moon, and is facing the other way.  The face star doesn't have an outline.  It looks like they took a weird like caption contest pic or something to use for this, instead of the actual one.

• 3 weeks later...

am I the only one who actually likes these pets? I do agree, the (cup)cake forms were cuter or at least more interesting, but the confetti ones are also nice :) This just reminds me of the b-day petpets collection I had on the account which has been frozen 3 months ago for no reason :( meh.... If only I could get it back and fill my collection with those little cuties... And Ona here - it looks very nice, actually I pretty like this slide theme on her, as actually in motion, which is a nice change