Meepit Price

ladycanary

Quick question for you all... why did Meepits become so cheap? I remember a few years ago they were over a million NP, and now looking at JN's price history, I see there was a severe drop in price (from 1.5 mil to 33k) in 2014. Not that I mind them being inexpensive, I just have been wondering what happened that so drastically changed their price. Did a daily start giving them away?

Thanks! :)

Isn't that also when we got the lag b gone serum and the book, Tale of lag?  Lol.  I remember everyone complaining about them giving the meepits be because it really drove down the prices.  

6 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Isn't that also when we got the lag b gone serum and the book, Tale of lag?  Lol.  I remember everyone complaining about them giving the meepits be because it really drove down the prices.  

Yup. I bought an extra Meepit or two when the price was super low right after this event just because I'd never had one of these super iconic petpets before and knew the price would go back up lol.

Now to wait for some kind of Meowclops giveaway. 

I never got a free Meepit so that must pre-date my coming back to Neo.

I used that Lag-B-Gone on my BD pet (WHY?! :axehead:) looking at the price now (46k) I had a brief *headdesk* moment, but oh well! Lessons learnt and all that!

I get that giving us a potion that increased speed after those awful lag issues was too good an opportunity to miss, but it was STILL a pointless item, like those %$&@ cupcakes they like to give us! :laugh: But I do at least know this now! :ph34r:

11 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

At the time, the site had transitioned to new owners and new servers. The lag was so bad that they offered everyone a free meepit and 150 neocash for their troubles while they tried to fix the errors.

Oh wow that would definitely do it! Thank you!

I'd have been mad if I was lucky enough to have one before that only to have the price degrade :arrowhead: