Battledome Weapons Help

LunaS

Hi friends!

I was wondering (after searching and coming up negative) if there is already a topic for people who need help with gathering and selecting their battledome equipment.

In case there isn't, here's the topic!

And I need help! I have a pretty okay trained Kau, but have no idea what sort of weapons I should equip her with, both for attack and defense. Currently my go to weapons are a set of quite old ones, which mostly do the trick against lesser opponents. But I would love to give her an upgrade.

My current weapons are: (most used) Sun and Moon Chakram, Sword of Elements, and Lesser Healing Scroll. 

Any tips or ideas? My budget per weapon would be about 2m to 3m MAX. (but would love something at 1m or below)

Have you checked out our recommended battle sets?

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/basic-battledome-weapon-sets/

I have Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy

I use that one quite regularly. I also love my Ghostkerbomb, but that's about a 7 million price tag.

Hopefully our guide has some info for you. I would definitely get a Greater Healing Scroll though.

For defense I usually check what icons my attacker will use the most and adjust my shield to that. I do like Sophies Magic Hat and the Leaf Shield. For attack I kinda like the Scroll of knowledge. It's very cheap for the damage it does. But I do have a Kelpbeard Trident as main weapon and I'm saving up to buy a Sword of Reif. That said Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy might be a better (and cheaper!) alternative though.

Having a bomb in your set can also come in handy, if you want to have a Once per battle bomb within that price tag, I believe Jhudoras Potion might be a good pick. There are single use bombs that aren't too expensive and do a massive amount of damage, but since you have to re-buy one every time, it can become expensive if used a lot. A Once per Battle bomb might be cheaper in the end.

And as @Mouseykins said: Get a Greater Healing Scroll!

Thanks a lot for the tips all! Greater healing scroll will hopefully be in my posession soon, as I've bid on one. If anybody has a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy on sale, let me know!

1 hour ago, LunaS said:

Thanks a lot for the tips all! Greater healing scroll will hopefully be in my posession soon, as I've bid on one. If anybody has a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy on sale, let me know!

I believe a Honey Potion is way cheaper and also does the trick, I believe DSPBB makes 14 icons of damage like honey potion does(with a plus of 2 icons) so I think if you don't mind the type of icons, go por the HP

15 minutes ago, Oquendof said:

I believe a Honey Potion is way cheaper and also does the trick, I believe DSPBB makes 14 icons of damage like honey potion does(with a plus of 2 icons) so I think if you don't mind the type of icons, go por the HP

Looks good! It is limited use though, so that's a drawback. But it is a really big price difference...

1 hour ago, Oquendof said:

Honey Potion is a Once per Battle weapon indeed. DSPBB is multiuse, so 14 icons no matter how many rounds the battle takes. HP is more bomb type weapon, so it could be a good substitute for the Jhudoras Potion, a few less icons for a much cheaper price.

(PS: HP is actually 13.3 icons, with a chance of 2 more icons, average of 14.65 icons. Whereas JP has 17.8+ possible 8 and an average of 20.85 icons)

A 14 icon constant I love is the Yooyu Knuckle Duster.  100k, in these pre-war times.  

Owner Stock Price
timahawk 9 99,999 NP
monk3ybu11 8 99,999 NP
coelho_jdr_5_1000 4 99,999 NP
diblila 3 99,999 NP
grendl 1 99,999 NP
vimali 1 99,999 NP
genderbent 1

99,999 NP

There was another from this year's AC that's also 14, but different icons, but now I can't remember what it was called, so I can't look up the price.

19 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

A 14 icon constant I love is the Yooyu Knuckle Duster.  100k, in these pre-war times.  

Owner Stock Price
timahawk 9 99,999 NP
monk3ybu11 8 99,999 NP
coelho_jdr_5_1000 4 99,999 NP
diblila 3 99,999 NP
grendl 1 99,999 NP
vimali 1 99,999 NP
genderbent 1

99,999 NP

There was another from this year's AC that's also 14, but different icons, but now I can't remember what it was called, so I can't look up the price.

I think you're talking about the Tyrannian Sceptre that I use, ones up for trade right now are asking 150k for it. Though it's still available for "free" if people have enough AC prize points left.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away from Neopets for a long long LONG time - so I was hoping to get some advice on weapons and such. 

Is there anything that is nerfed that I should look to replace ASAP.  What is my next big upgrade that I should be actively working towards?  General Thoughts/Suggestions?

Current Items:

Elephante Unguent

Garoo Elite Blaster

Downsize

H4000 Helmet

Honey Potion

Psellias Fighting Fan

(2 TWR Event Items)

But before that I had

Green Sticky Hand

obsidian dagger

Current Stats:

Level: 97
Health: 60 / 191
Mood: delighted!
Hunger: bloated
Strength: LEGENDARY (100) -> Actively training to get to 125 boost
Defence: GREAT (30)
Move:

EXCELLENT (55)

• 5 weeks later...
On 20/11/2017 at 6:42 AM, Erebos said:

I have been away from Neopets for a long long LONG time - so I was hoping to get some advice on weapons and such. 

Is there anything that is nerfed that I should look to replace ASAP.  What is my next big upgrade that I should be actively working towards?  General Thoughts/Suggestions?

Current Items:

Elephante Unguent

Garoo Elite Blaster

Downsize

H4000 Helmet

Honey Potion

Psellias Fighting Fan

I'm in the same boat, coming back to a bunch of outdated weapons. Got quite a surprise to see some items I'd paid a fair bit for have now been completely outclassed by site feature prizes. @balloongal247 and @jellysundae pointed out some cheap 14 icon constants, which would be an improvement on your 9 icon Garoo Elite Blaster and 11 icon Psellias Fighting Fan. Also like @Duma mentioned, Honey Potion only does slightly more on average than these 14 icon constants would, so it's probably best to let that go.

Another bomb you could look at is the newly released Thistleberry Pingrenade, which averages 18.5 icons for around 300k. Not as powerful as Jhudoras Potion or Ghostkerbomb, but offers much more value. Nothing to critique about that healer and freezer though.